Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E20: The Envelope, Please

thewhiteowl
  • Start Topic

and now, the prerequisite "clip show" right before or during the actual finale.

"Hey, Michelle, remember that time when Uncle Joey and Uncle Jesse took you to Disney World???"

"YOU GOT IT, DUDE!!!!"

and, hey, they showed Cable for a few seconds  (but no Benny).

I liked it, though.   This episode was a fair balance between new scenes (actual plot) and clips, unlike

other clip shows that I have seen.

Can't wait for the actual finale.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I enjoyed the episode with clips from previous episodes. Recognized his professor by his distinctive voice as Peter Riegert (Animal House circa late 1970's). He's 75 now but hasn't aged well, imo. I miss Benny. Is Freddy Rodriguez starring in a new show?

I started to realize something was up when the professor was aware of things he couldn't possibly have known from news coverage. I went back and forth between the professor being dead and Bull being unconscious somewhere and this was where his mind went. Overall the episode felt meh and pure filler. I liked Bull becoming more self aware of who he was and what shaped him as a person, I just wish they had taken a more interesting route as opposed to a clip show. 

• Love 5

Really, with only 3 eps left, we get a clip show?! Lazy.

The good: Always nice to see Peter Riegert. And the earlier clips with the elevator and the fake tornado showed how inventive "Bull" used to be.

The bad: the super-lengthy clips from episodes that JUST aired last fall. We didn't need to see that entire discussion with Bull and Izzy in the hallway at TAC. 

And the voir dire montage had a glaring lack of Benny. What the heck did FR allegedly do that they dare not even show his image? Obviously showing Cable was permissible.

• Love 5
On 5/13/2022 at 12:06 AM, ECM1231 said:

I enjoyed the episode with clips from previous episodes. Recognized his professor by his distinctive voice as Peter Riegert (Animal House circa late 1970's). He's 75 now but hasn't aged well, imo. I miss Benny. Is Freddy Rodriguez starring in a new show?

8 hours ago, Moxie Cat said:

Really, with only 3 eps left, we get a clip show?! Lazy.

The good: Always nice to see Peter Riegert. And the earlier clips with the elevator and the fake tornado showed how inventive "Bull" used to be.

The bad: the super-lengthy clips from episodes that JUST aired last fall. We didn't need to see that entire discussion with Bull and Izzy in the hallway at TAC. 

And the voir dire montage had a glaring lack of Benny. What the heck did FR allegedly do that they dare not even show his image? Obviously showing Cable was permissible.

There isn’t a lot of detail out on the internet, but Freddy Rodriguez’s departure from the show coincided with the show runner leaving amid allegations of having created a “toxic work environment”.

CBS hasn’t commented as to the specifics of FR’s departure. But if they aren’t even showing him in a clip show, it can’t be good. 

This was a weak ep even for Bull. I do wonder if Weatherly regrets leaving NCIS for this?

And am I the only one noticing the men like to wear suits and shirts that are too small for them? Bull was bursting out of his shirt and Chunk esp in the past would look similar.

• Love 3

I've always thought that the wardrobe choice for Bull was to show him with a puffed out chest, sort of like a a rooster strutting around.  

I've also been continually astounded that Bull has never been hauled up before a judge for jury tampering.  He even admitted to it at the hair salon, but, in the context of this show, everyone on either side of the courtroom just shrugs and says "That's Bull.  He's smarter than us."

Pardon my ignorance in the ways of court settlements, but would the defendant company really cut a paper check for $44 million?

16 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

Pardon my ignorance in the ways of court settlements, but would the defendant company really cut a paper check for $44 million?

My thoughts exactly.  Would have been a wire transfer or something, most likely?  And not just a regular 'delivery' to boot.  

• Love 1
On 5/15/2022 at 7:59 AM, LadyIrony said:

This was a weak ep even for Bull. I do wonder if Weatherly regrets leaving NCIS for this?

And am I the only one noticing the men like to wear suits and shirts that are too small for them? Bull was bursting out of his shirt and Chunk esp in the past would look similar.

It’s a popular fashion I truly WISH would pass. It makes my skin crawl whenever I see it. Have you ever purchased a shirt, jacket, or sweater where the sleeves just don’t have enough material and they squeeze your arms, while the rest of the garment is comfortable? I don’t know about anyone else, but tight, restrictive clothing makes me irritable. 

• Love 3
On 5/20/2022 at 7:05 AM, Daff said:

It’s a popular fashion I truly WISH would pass. It makes my skin crawl whenever I see it. Have you ever purchased a shirt, jacket, or sweater where the sleeves just don’t have enough material and they squeeze your arms, while the rest of the garment is comfortable? I don’t know about anyone else, but tight, restrictive clothing makes me irritable. 

They sometimes have trousers that look too short as well! I don't get it. I don't like feeling restricted either especially when sitting down. I don't think Weatherly is a big guy as such but those tight suits make him look fatter than he is. 

Zipper lady also wears things that seem too tight but she is trying to highlight her figure I guess. She also looks uncomfortable. 

On 5/16/2022 at 4:49 PM, Dowel Jones said:

I've always thought that the wardrobe choice for Bull was to show him with a puffed out chest, sort of like a a rooster strutting around.  

I've also been continually astounded that Bull has never been hauled up before a judge for jury tampering.  He even admitted to it at the hair salon, but, in the context of this show, everyone on either side of the courtroom just shrugs and says "That's Bull.  He's smarter than us."

Bull just lacks personality. I can see why Weatherly would want to leave the show. He goes through the motions but I don't buy it. In an early ep he went back to his home town and everyone was so happy to see him, they all knew him etc but it felt so contrived and his personality didn't suit the party guy persona they seemed to be trialing on him. 

I also don't see anything "Smart" about him. It's like another show "Criminal Minds" where they were all supposed to be experts yet most of them didn't come up with anything that the viewers couldn't do themselves. Just saying a character is meant to be a genius doesn't make it so. 

• Love 1