Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E20: Mango THC Gummies, $18

• Start Topic

The entire Hayworth family goes to attend the Windmount Academy musical to support Gretchen and Sarah. Meanwhile, in an effort to help calm Tom’s nerves as he awaits news about his book, Marina proposes they take the edge off and relax by taking edibles.

Original airdate: 4/20/22

Good episode. Funny subplots. Loved high Marina.

Got to say that having June Diane Raphael on the show made my day. She is one of my favorites. Crossing my fingers that she is not one and done and that she stays on the show for awhile.

• Love 3

Sara and Tom's musical play about famous/influential women in history is amaaaaaaaaaaaaazing!

Dolly Parton, Julia Child (how topical with there being two new shows about her right now), Dian Fossey, Amelia Earhart, Serena and Venus Williams, are we missing some?

For the past 3 episodes I keep thinking that there's one weird thing per episode.  This time?  It's the boss being high too.  LOL.  

Just realized that they had the foresight to air this on 4/20.  Did they make everyone on the network comply with this?

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • LOL 6
6 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Sara and Tom's musical play about famous/influential women in history is amaaaaaaaaaaaaazing!

Dolly Parton, Julia Child (how topical with there being two new shows about her right now), Dian Fossey, Amelia Earhart, Serena and Venus Williams, are we missing some?

For the past 3 episodes I keep thinking that there's one weird thing per episode.  This time?  It's the boss being high too.  LOL.  

Just realized that they had the foresight to air this on 4/20.  Did they make everyone on the network comply with this?

New Jersey just made pot sales legal yesterday. So they did it on 4/20 too!  Ha!  I was just watching it on the local news and didn’t think of it till you mentioned it. None of the commentators thought to mention it. 

Edited by EtheltoTillie
  • Useful 1

Ok, an ep featuring weed on 4/20. I see you show!

I liked this ep the writing seems like it is getting snappier and funnier.

Lupe's deadpan 'Christmas came early.' when Marina thanks her for watching the kids cracked me up.

Marina's boss' whole schtick also cracked me up.  I LOL'd at his entire interaction with Marina and Tom.

I liked that we got to see the play.  It was fun.

• Love 5

I was hysterical laughing throughout most of this episode but I have to say the highlight for me was when Marina's boss confessed to being high as well: "It's a three and a half hour musical, Marina. That's not acceptable,"

Also that moment right before when Marina lost her last remnants of cool with her boss and was yelling at him about all his questions and Tom was trying to mediate and she just kept saying with increasing intensity, "The quest is on. The quest is ON." 😂

I rewound their entire conversation twice. It was absolute chef's kiss.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, JenLily said:

Also that moment right before when Marina lost her last remnants of cool with her boss and was yelling at him about all his questions and Tom was trying to mediate and she just kept saying with increasing intensity, "The quest is on. The quest is ON." 😂

I rewound their entire conversation twice. It was absolute chef's kiss.

Wow I missed that.  Though I did hear the beginning when she said "Question is such a weird word.  It's like the Quest is On."  Which is so brilliant.

• Love 2

I love this show. I found this episode really funny.

I spent a large portion of the episode trying to figure out where I had seen the vice principal before but then I realized it was Jess’s friend Sadie from New Girl. Wonder if we will see her again or if that was just a one time thing for Connor lol. 

The emotionless boss was funny too.

Loved the end with the animatronic gorilla 😂  

• Love 3
2 hours ago, srpturtle80 said:

I love this show. I found this episode really funny.

I spent a large portion of the episode trying to figure out where I had seen the vice principal before but then I realized it was Jess’s friend Sadie from New Girl. Wonder if we will see her again or if that was just a one time thing for Connor lol. 

The emotionless boss was funny too.

Loved the end with the animatronic gorilla 😂  

Right, she also stars on Grace and Frankie.

• Useful 1