Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E14: School Ties

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

That’s what I thought, except that it’s not very feasible.  I suppose you could do some food service from a truck, like making individual burgers, tacos, fries, hot dogs, etc.  However, for regular catering, you must prepare food in advance. You need room for large pots, multiple ovens, and room to keep things like plates, glassware, tablecloths, etc.  And, you need plenty of space to lay out your food as you put it in containers in order to transport it to the venue.  I hope it works out for her.  Despite not knowing much about their craft, Regina and Rome seem to always land on their feet.  

No, it is definitely not feasible, but I think the discussions were all about not needing to rent another space and how economical that would be.  In reality, it would not work for all the reasons you listed.  A food truck would work for transporting the food and for a little menu of items sold directly from the trunk, but really nothing else.

I get the feeling that the writers know very little about how the world works and rather than consult with others, they just write fantasy.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
6 hours ago, Clanstarling said:

Yeah, that does seem to be a dropped anvil.

And Gary didn't even say if it was a girl or boy, and Danny didn't ask!  No need to revisit Darcy at all, let alone the baby, unless we have the drama.  Of course, Maggie will welcome her stepchild with open arms and they'll be one big happy family after she and Gary marry and have their own little tot!

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
On 4/7/2022 at 2:18 PM, Lovecat said:

All kidding aside, I actually got the impression from the tortured "train/station" metaphor that Eddie may have lost some of his, urm, "enthusiasm," leading to neither party being satisfied.  Which, I mean, uh, Ed?  Your hands still work, and I'm assuming Anna wasn't out of reach, right??  There are other ways to make the lady happy, I'm just sayin'.

Coming Home a 1978 movie with Jon Voight and Jane Fonda in which Voight was a paraplegic Vietnam Vet showed us a tastefully executed act of cunnilingus by Voight.

I can't imagine that the issue of "how to" would not be discussed with any adult as part of the therapy especially when he switched to the male PT.

• Love 3

Why are they having a high school reunion during the day on a weekday?  Why is Katherine vandalizing school property in a school that probably has security cameras?  Why doesn’t Gary ever work?  Where were the rest of the students during the showing of Rome’s movie?  So many questions . . .

• Love 8
40 minutes ago, historylover820 said:

*small voice*

Is it just me, or what we've seen of Rome's documentary isn't that impressive?

It's not just you.  I don't see anything special in it.  Nothing fresh in ideas or new perspective.

Edited by Suzn
  • Love 3
10 minutes ago, Suzn said:

It's not just you.  I don't see anything special in it.  Nothing fresh in ideas or new perspective.

Ah, but this is TV land, so Rome's documentary is the freshest with the best perspectives.

Edited by Clanstarling
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

It’s not good.  I think that it was appropriate that he showed it to a bunch of high schoolers, because it seemed like what a high schooler would make.  But, no, it’s the greatest thing to ever exist!   This is a very easy and common trap for shows and movies to fall into - the more you hype up something, the less we should see lest it doesn’t live up to the hype.  Is Sophie’s band going to light up the world?  Well, you keep saying that it is and yet based off of what I’ve heard, maybe not? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
On 4/10/2022 at 12:03 PM, amarante said:

Coming Home a 1978 movie with Jon Voight and Jane Fonda in which Voight was a paraplegic Vietnam Vet showed us a tastefully executed act of cunnilingus by Voight.

I can't imagine that the issue of "how to" would not be discussed with any adult as part of the therapy especially when he switched to the male PT.

Yeah it was tastefully executed unless you were 15 years old at the theater with your best friend and her mother and her mother is like "what are they doing?"  LOL.  Will never forget that uncomfortable moment. 

• LOL 6
8 hours ago, mansonlamps said:

Yeah it was tastefully executed unless you were 15 years old at the theater with your best friend and her mother and her mother is like "what are they doing?"  LOL.  Will never forget that uncomfortable moment. 

My 16 year old daughter and I watched True Blood together. We had no idea there would be  many such uncomfortable moments. So I can relate.

• Love 2
On 4/13/2022 at 12:04 AM, mansonlamps said:

I remember my father's clenched jaw muscle twitching as Sonny Corleone banged the bridesmaid up against the door.  I was the young daughter of divorced parents and my father unwisely let me choose the movies.  That jaw muscle twitched weekly for every R-rated movie of the early 70's.  : )

######

Re A Million Little Things, this was one of those episodes where I loathed them all. 

I scoff at the thought of preparing a lovely catered dinner for 12 on the 18 inches of counter-space in the back of a food truck.

• Love 1