Type keyword(s) to search

90 Day Diaries Live Chat

• Start Topic

On 4/25/2022 at 6:20 PM, Frozendiva said:

The right woman isn't going to care, Chuck.

I wonder if he knows about Ostomates. It's an online community with support, forums, and relationship searches. In 2018 I had to have a colostomy bag for about nine months after diverticulitis surgery. Thought it was the worst thing ever but it took me less than two months--although I was quite angry and unable to accept it at all for the first few weeks--to get a handle on it after I discovered that it really had no impact on my being able to go do things like actively enjoying a concert or hiking--all the things I did before. I adjusted SO well that if the reversal surgery hadn't been successful I would have been okay living with it permanently. I was surprised at how ambivalent I was as it grew closer to the surgery date.

Some of the ostomy nurses said that men generally have a more difficult time accepting and living with it. I've also never forgotten the sad story from one of the men on Ostomates whose wife was totally repulsed after he had to get a permanent colostomy bag, and had withheld affection ever since. I hoped he eventually divorced her! It seems the general thought among men, like Chuck, is that no woman would ever want to be with them.

I never would have thought I could handle something like what I experienced, and it was so heartening to see how many vibrant, active people--of all ages and parts of the globe--on that site. It sounds strange to say that I truly am glad I went through it but I realized how strong and resilient I am and how something that I thought I couldn't bear became so blasé that I even made jokes about it. My dark sense of humor really helped. (Cleaning up accidental little leak on carpet at home and bursting out laughing at the thought of rubbing my nose in it and going, "Bad girl! Bad!")

I really, really hope Chuck learns that it does not define him and that he finds a level of comfort and acceptance with himself, and realizes that it's not something that's going to be a deal breaker for all women. Damn, I can't recall ever saying anything nice or caring about Chuck before! Would I ever be able to likewise extend a little goodwill to Charlie? BWAHAHAHA!

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Scout Finch said:

I wonder if he knows about Ostomates. It's an online community with support, forums, and relationship searches.

I was wondering if there was a group like this where Chuck could find women who understand his situation. 

2 hours ago, magemaud said:

I was wondering if there was a group like this where Chuck could find women who understand his situation. 

The full name of the site is Meet An Ostomate so, yeah, good place to start! I think it would be reassuring for him to see that it's just normal people exactly like him, with all levels of attractiveness and widely varied interests. He could also get great tips on how to solve common ostomy bag aggravations.

• Love 1
On 4/25/2022 at 9:22 PM, xls said:

I call bs on Deb's apartment hunting -got to be loads of subsidized housing in Vagas for seniors

Unfortunately, I bet the senior housing there has a huge waiting list.    Las Vegas is also one of the hottest, rising cost areas in the country for housing.   

However, Mahogany probably isn't in her Airbnb that production rented for her, so there's a vacancy in Peru. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • LOL 1
1 minute ago, Frozendiva said:

Why does Trish want to punish Natalie? Let her go and live her own life.

Right? Why is she so involved? Your son married her and though Natalie did behave badly what exactly did she do to Mike? Steal his money? Beat him? No. Trish was always a huge part of the problem. 

• Love 5

Kenny and his family are exhausting but I do think he loves Armando and their relationship is very real. He seems to love Hannah very much but needs to live his life and let his clingy daughters take care of themselves.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Good for him for taking a parenting class.

He doesn’t know a lot but hardly the sexist they painted him as during their season. He is off kilter and often wrong but seems willing to admit his mistakes and learn new things. 

• Love 2
(edited)
12 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

No idea who Alla is. Didn't catch her season.

She is a good person. She was very honest about her intentions and said it was her and her son together or nothing. She took a while to fall in love with Matt but was always honest and put her son first. I am happy for them. His family hated her at first, I’m glad Mike stood up,for Alla. On another update show his family ate crow and apologized to her. Au pairs are actually very affordable since many are on work visas.

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

No idea who Alla is. Didn't catch her season.

I think she was on the very first season, back when the show was really about the K-1 Visa process and before the couples got so outrageous.

I've got to say that airplane looked pretty rickety

• Love 1
On 5/3/2022 at 1:33 AM, magemaud said:

I think she was on the very first season, back when the show was really about the K-1 Visa process and before the couples got so outrageous.

I've got to say that airplane looked pretty rickety

While it seems longer ago they were actually on the fourth season!  Did we just start the ninth?  With all the HEA and B90 and OW it gets confusing.  It does seem like the couples were more real in the early seasons but I guess dumpster fires get better ratings.

(edited)
1 hour ago, MrBuhBye said:
On 5/3/2022 at 2:33 AM, magemaud said:

It does seem like the couples were more real in the early seasons but I guess dumpster fires get better ratings.

I’ve always thought the tipping point was Danielle and Mohamed. Up until then, the couples seemed pretty believable but those two brought the ratings 

Edited by magemaud
(edited)
9 hours ago, magemaud said:

I’ve always thought the tipping point was Danielle and Mohamed. Up until then, the couples seemed pretty believable but those two brought the ratings 

Yeah they were second season though.  It seemed like there were more normal seasons before them but memory plays tricks lol.

if you scroll down to the cast subheading it tells what couples were introduced which season.  Yes I forgot many of the early ones who haven’t returned for spin-offs/updates.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/90_Day_Fiancé

Edited by MrBuhBye