Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E17: Breach

• Start Topic

Soooo.....   This just hit me.  Mostly because I just saw the rerun on Friday, but the NCIS Hawaii office building is the same building used as the exterior set for the Colombian prison Danny was held in for that Hawaii 5-0 episode.  Imagine all the railings hung with drying clothing and rags, and the balconies and porch filled with angry shouting prisoners.

The superstar coder with adoring fans, Law & Order Organized Crime just did that I and didn't buy it there either. I was half expecting Daryl Chill Mitchell to reprise his role when the promos were talking crossover, but I guess that is next week with the mothership.

• Love 2

Those poor genius hackers  - they were not allowed to to meet the hacker God, fawn over him and express their undying love for him and their actors were not allowed any lines. And Lucy sure did get a lot of sledgehammer talks about people being nuanced - not that it helped. What she should have gotten was a good talking to about what's appropriate workplace behavior. Well, at least she finally got her apology which she had every right to expect - but how about telling that to Whistler right away outside work-hours instead of getting into that passive-aggressive bs for weeks? Let's hope the writers put their relationship a bit on the backburner for a while because it's starting to get almost as tedious as the Deeks-Kensi baby drama and that's saying something. The longer this goes on the more I start to like Whistler and the smaller her chances of surviving this season get.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, MissLucas said:

The longer this goes on the more I start to like Whistler and the smaller her chances of surviving this season get.

This exactly.

I am surprised how much I do like Whistler as I didn't initially, and she is now easily one of my favourites. I am glad we are finally moving forward with that relationship, in that the constant childishness from Lucy was very irritating, but Whistler does deserve better.

• Love 4

I liked the development between Whistler and Lucy as well.  It's interesting to me that this (non)relationship is being written as Lucy having all the power.  Whereas professionally, Whistler is older, much more accomplished, works for the FBI which is probably considered a step up in the government agency hierarchy.  Whistler seems like a good catch.  Lucy seems like she is very high maintenance.

Apart from this, I didn't really like this episode, the past two episode with Jesse's hostage rescue and Kai going undercover at a restaurant were a lot more exciting.  I didn't find the plot of the hacker to be all that interesting.  From the start it was obvious it was an inside job, and the only two logical suspects were the head of the hacker squad or the head of the water company.

On 3/23/2022 at 8:34 PM, secnarf said:

This exactly.

I am surprised how much I do like Whistler as I didn't initially, and she is now easily one of my favourites. I am glad we are finally moving forward with that relationship, in that the constant childishness from Lucy was very irritating, but Whistler does deserve better.

I hated Whistler on the show at first, because her character's main reason for being around (other than for Lucy to make sad puppy dog faces at her) was to be the person who continuously tells the team they can't/shouldn't do things they way they are doing or they're off the case.  She was walking red tape.  Then she switched positions, and actually got to be likeable.  The first few episodes, I would never have thought that could happen. Her changing positions seemed like the writers course-correcting things, which does happen a lot in debut seasons.