Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E02: Dinner Party

AnimeMania
  • Start Topic

I'm liking Luke more this season.  Calling out Ingrid being a bitch to Nathan, but he did stop himself.  Covering for Nathan when it came to Nora.  And there was happily giving food to Yang.  He's also trying to solve Nathan's murder.  He is a good friend for Nathan.

Nice to see Choak does have one redeeming quality.  He supports Freeyond, and more William B Davis is always good.

• Love 5
On 3/11/2022 at 9:59 PM, Lola82 said:

“What does everyone see in this human bowl of oatmeal…he ain’t even that tall” LOL love the way this actress delivers her lines.

I loved that, too.  

So did they replace the actress playing Ingrid's grandmother? 

It's impossible to figure out how Ingrid thought she could get away with pretending to be uploaded. She can't live her entire life in a bathtub. 

• Like 1

Wouldn’t the Horizon people realize the very annoying new “upload” wasn’t actually uploaded? Since there would be no record of anyone actually uploading her. 

And Ingrid couldn’t afford Nathan alone, how is affording such high status that Horizon can’t access her files to realize she’s not actually “there”? Has she moved into a cheap apartment in real life? It looks like she’s eating printed takeout pizza now instead of gourmet real food.

• Useful 4
  • Love 2

Wouldn’t the Horizon people realize the very annoying new “upload” wasn’t actually uploaded? Since there would be no record of anyone actually uploading her.

Good point. That doesn't actually make any sense. 

I was mostly bored with Nora's story. I realized my interest in her is limited to her interactions with Nathan, Lakeview and her fellow employees at Horizon. Hopefully it will get better if she goes back. 

Whoa. Luke is jacked.

image.png

Edited by iMonrey
  • Like 1
  • Love 2

The luddite storyline is boring as shit. How did they take an actress as charismatic and fun as Andy Allo and stick her in this fucking dreary, backwoods crap? Seeing her as the temp at the dinner party showed just how good she is - completely different energy, posture, even her voice.

Robbie Amell is showing more charisma this season. Playing off Ingrid with snarkiness is clearly serving him well. But Aleesha calling him a human bowl of oatmeal was absolutely spot on. The dinner party was the right kind of awkward, with Choak talking about eating children, Luke being really boring, Ingrid freaking out and the AI being utterly useless.

Mildred had some good lines, complaining about things not being funny now racism isn't acceptable, blaming the Great Depression on women voting.

Luke was definitely better in this episode. Being a bro to Nathan is preferable to being a creep to Aleesha.

Prototykes was really creepy.

• Love 2
18 hours ago, Danny Franks said:

The luddite storyline is boring as shit. How did they take an actress as charismatic and fun as Andy Allo and stick her in this fucking dreary, backwoods crap?

Starting Season 2 with Nathan and Nora apart was a big miss for me. It made me realize that the main draw of the show for me was the relationship between Nathan and Nora. Without her he is a big bowl of oatmeal and she lost some of her pop. 

I like Luke and Aleesha, but not as a romantic couple, I like them as odd bickering buddies. 

I realized these past couple eps that I really don't care much about the plotline. This show is about the characters for me. Having the two main ones apart hasn't been doing it for me. It's going to be a slog getting through this season if they don't get them back to having most of their scene's together. 

• Love 3