Type keyword(s) to search

S02:E01 Unprecedented Fatherhood

• Start Topic

As the 2032 election nears, Dwayne reflects on what it means to be a father. In 1984, little Dewey vies for his father's attention. In 1987, teenage Dwayne arrives in Nashville. In 1996, adult Dwayne struggles in the Canadian Football League.

Original Air Date: March 15, 2022

John Tui as Afa
Fasitua Amosa as Sika 
Antuone Torbert as Tony Atlas
Al Gibson as Stampeders Employee
Lucas Tranchitella as Jeff Garcia
Mark Casamento as Coach Wally Buono
Ryan Pinkston as Downtown Bruno
Greg Larson as Bob Owens
NUP_196299_00133.jpg
NUP_195699_00998.jpg
NUP_195701_00546.jpg

• Useful 1

Okay, they threw me with the guy at the end who is looking to mess up Dwayne's election.  I had been expecting it to be smooth sailing into the White House.  Maybe I was supposed to recognize him, but this show seems like it's been on and off intermittently, and when it's on it focuses on different time periods, so no I don't know who that was supposed to be.

• Love 3
48 minutes ago, rmontro said:

Okay, they threw me with the guy at the end who is looking to mess up Dwayne's election.  I had been expecting it to be smooth sailing into the White House.  Maybe I was supposed to recognize him, but this show seems like it's been on and off intermittently, and when it's on it focuses on different time periods, so no I don't know who that was supposed to be.

Same. 

11 hours ago, rmontro said:

11 hours ago, Court said:

Same. 

5 hours ago, mtlchick said:

The actor was Sean ASTIN but no idea if he’s been on yet 

Oddball Canadian football rules (tm Simosons )

I wrote a post about him in the media thread.

• Useful 1

I definitely remember reading about Dwayne's time in the Canadian Football League in his autobiography, so it was fun seeing it on screen here.  Didn't realize that some recognizable players did come from there like Jeff Garcia and Doug Flutie!

Also looking forward to them diving into Rocky's time in the Nashville circuit since I remember a lot of interesting characters there.  Remember hearing the name Bob Owens and how he was known as the guy who "put people over", which is why he had an incredible losing streak, heh.

Looks like this season might take a harder look at Rocky this time and maybe explore some of his demons (although, I doubt they will go too dark with it.)

Good casting for Dany Garcia.  Curious to see more about this relationship since I know she and Dwayne have now divorced in real life, but by all accounts they are still close and continue to work together, so I guess it was amicable.

Randall Park has been through some stuff!  I want a story on his life!

Dwayne's campaign is running high, but it looks like this character played by Sean Astin might change the game here!

• Love 2
38 minutes ago, thuganomics85 said:

Good casting for Dany Garcia.  Curious to see more about this relationship since I know she and Dwayne have now divorced in real life, but by all accounts they are still close and continue to work together, so I guess it was amicable.

Randall Park has been through some stuff!  I want a story on his life

Randall is slipping as a journalist and best friend if he was unfamiliar who Dani was when Dwayne dropped her name into his story.

• Love 4
14 hours ago, mtlchick said:

The actor was Sean ASTIN but no idea if he’s been on yet 

I was wondering if we had seen the character before (from what I gather, we haven't).  But I didn't even recognize the actor, that it was Sean Astin.  Wow, my eyesight must be getting bad.

It's strange to see Dwayne struggling so much in the NCAA and CFL, since he is such a grinder and is known as being so motivated, hard working, and driven toward success.  The other athletes around him must really be something to be outdoing him.

• Love 2

I think some of it is just what he said. He's automatically playing by US football rules, and had a difficult time adjusting. And not every talented hard working player will get picked. How work ethic shows in not letting these setbacks stop him.

• Love 3
On 3/16/2022 at 12:33 PM, thuganomics85 said:

Remember hearing the name Bob Owens and how he was known as the guy who "put people over", which is why he had an incredible losing streak, heh.

It's interesting that he talked about how he would lose to make the babyfaces look good, but they never called him a jobber.

On 3/16/2022 at 1:11 PM, nilyank said:

Randall is slipping as a journalist and best friend if he was unfamiliar who Dani was when Dwayne dropped her name into his story.

So the first time we saw Dwayne go through University of Miami it pretty much focused on his Football Career. I wonder if when middle-Dwayne gets to Miami it will focus on his life and relationships outside of football.

Also the weird stuff the grandma says is still the funniest thing in this show. I loved her line about how much Captain Lou sweats for a guy who just walks around.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1