Type keyword(s) to search

S20.E06: Rep. Ruben Gallego; Chloé Valdary; Bret Stephens

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,

No personal politics.  No broad statements about any political groups. 

• Start Topic

This was the best show in a long time. All of the guests were good and the discussions were worthy and civil even when the guests disagreed (more of that in overtime). Everyone had good points and expressed them well, with nearly no over talking. Invite all of these guests back soon!

• Love 4

I'd been avoiding the show this year, but this one was decent. Bill was a lot less obnoxious than usual. (Maybe he's just happy at the prospect of losing the masks.) Still had to get his dig in at "wokeness" though.

And if it's true, as Bill says, that Trump is losing support, I agree with him that Democrats/progressives must be more generous with ex-Trumpers. I'm sick of the whole "us vs. them" dichotomy myself; it's ultimately counter-productive. 

• Love 1

I really liked Rep. Ruben Gallego. His Tweets were hilarious. He was really good on Overtime too - which was frustrating because there was a lively and interesting debate about schools going on and Bill couldn't have been less interested so he just shut it down.

• Love 1

Not as bad as the last five episodes, but Bill’s still a fucking moron where it counts.

“Is Putin as bad as Hitler?”

Well, Bill, do we really want to find out?  You know he has hella nukes, right?

Full disclosure: I skipped the monologue, his interlude bits, and his new rules (because he’s never funny).

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, revbfc said:

Full disclosure: I skipped the monologue, his interlude bits, and his new rules (because he’s never funny).

New rules was mildly amusing, mainly because he ended up doing it twice. 

3 hours ago, arachne said:

And if it's true, as Bill says, that Trump is losing support, I agree with him that Democrats/progressives must be more generous with ex-Trumpers. I'm sick of the whole "us vs. them" dichotomy myself; it's ultimately counter-productive. 

Well, he's always blamed Democrats for people becoming Trumpers in the first place, so it's time to start blaming them for running back to Trump, or not leaving Trump after all, or finding someone just like Trump, or being just the same without Trump...

• Love 8

Imagine having a week to prepare for an episode then coming out an opening with an absolute dud of a joke about masks.  Gallego was refreshing and the discussion was lively enough.  I wonder if they will go back to three person panels with the restrictions lifted.   

• Love 1
On 2/26/2022 at 11:34 AM, arachne said:

I'd been avoiding the show this year, but this one was decent. Bill was a lot less obnoxious than usual. (Maybe he's just happy at the prospect of losing the masks.) Still had to get his dig in at "wokeness" though.

Except that the repub party has become more 'trumper' so saying they support the party over him is not really saying all that much different.  sure, they are tired of the same old show he put on, but they still adhere to most of his beliefs because that's what the 'mainstream' party has become.  

• Love 3