Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E08: The Boy Is Mine

• Start Topic

Dalton tries to win Haley back with a surprise; Talsey stuns Santiba after ghosting her.

Original air date 2022.02.25

It is the season finale.  It's the last chance for Tai to show her "titties and ass" on national TV.  Will our queen of calm use her best de-escalation techniques while having a rational and well-reasoned discussion with Boston about Lukewarm?  Most importantly will she both keep her nails on and get a Hottie sweatshirt?

Dalton will use all of his best gaslighting charms to try to win back Haley.  Will he dye his hair half black and half white?  Here's hoping Haley listens to her better angels, Buzz and her mother, and blocks Dalton's calls. 

It looks like Talsey will be reaching out to Santiba.  I guess he needs some cash.  Either that or he heard the store where she bought his clothes doesn't take returns so he is hoping he can score a new wardrobe by appealing to her desire to not produce more waste by trashing or burning it all. 

And what of Max's great love?  Will we finally learn that he was absolutely 100% catfished?  

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

For the poster who asked about the Danish series I think you mean The Sommerdahl Murders. Danish detectives, beautiful shoreline, marriage problems, etc.

As for this series, good grief.

I kept wondering where I'd seen Emily before and when she was talking to Haley suddenly there they were -- alt universe Tia and whatever her name was.  It wasn't just that Emily looks weirdly like Tia. It was that Haley was weirdly like whatsername. And Emily was trying to seduce Haley just like Tia was trying to intervene with whatsername.  I mean, did they go looking for a lookalike, actalike cast for this series?  Because it was weird.

I can't shake the feeling that we are watching the 'before the crime' period on a future Dateline murder mystery episode.  "He was the felon. A convict. She was a simple minded girl in love. Then he got out and the manipulation and eventual crime spree began..."  Keith Morrison would say it better. 

Edited by Andyourlittledog2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

That little love scene in the boat was just to silly.  The Gondola and the gondolier looked ridiculous.

Even those taking their daily walk looked "what the hell"!

Where do they get these people?  Who's writing these scenes?  I thought our country was loaded with bright writers!  

Tai and her titties the best they can come up with!

• Love 3

I just want to give a shout out to Santiba for ripping Talsey's ass up, down, backwards, and forwards during his phone call.  

Nice to see these women *not* be vapid doormats on these programs and show some fire.  

Go live your best life, Santiba...and stay away from the inmates  🥂

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

I just want to give a shout out to Santiba for ripping Talsey's ass up, down, backwards, and forwards during his phone call.  

Nice to see these women *not* be vapid doormats on these programs and show some fire.  

I agreed with all of this until I saw the end montage of Santiba contacting another prisoner.  She really needs to find her worth (not saying that all those incarcerated are not worthy, but she could try aiming for a relationship someone who is free).

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

I agreed with all of this until I saw the end montage of Santiba contacting another prisoner.  She really needs to find her worth (not saying that all those incarcerated are not worthy, but she could try aiming for a relationship someone who is free).

Ugh, I missed that part.  I totally agree with you.  

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

That little love scene in the boat was just to silly.  The Gondola and the gondolier looked ridiculous.

That was really weird, and I would have been uncomfortable. I guess Emily knows Haley likes women.

3 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

Agreed, and I did feel bad for her after she hung up and she was on the bench crying. She believed this was real.

Indie is really pretty with her hair pulled back - gorgeous cheekbones. She just needs to dial back the lashes. Her sister is pretty too - they're a good-looking family. (Some of y'all know I think her brother is cute.)

CHEATERIZATION. I CANNOT.

I also cannot with Patrick Bateman, aka Max. Of COURSE the new inmate love interest was ready to video-chat within a few hours. She ain't got shit else to do! FOR THE NEXT TEN YEARS. And Max is concerned about what she did, which, fine, but also: TEN YEARS.

Yes, Haley. Dalton realizes what he lost and wants to get back: your money. Her apologizing to him was pretty pitiful.

I didn't see the tags at the end saying what they were all doing, can someone fill me in?

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Empress1 said:

That was really weird, and I would have been uncomfortable. I guess Emily knows Haley likes women.

Agreed, and I did feel bad for her after she hung up and she was on the bench crying. She believed this was real.

Indie is really pretty with her hair pulled back - gorgeous cheekbones. She just needs to dial back the lashes. Her sister is pretty too - they're a good-looking family. (Some of y'all know I think her brother is cute.)

CHEATERIZATION. I CANNOT.

I also cannot with Patrick Bateman, aka Max. Of COURSE the new inmate love interest was ready to video-chat within a few hours. She ain't got shit else to do! FOR THE NEXT TEN YEARS. And Max is concerned about what she did, which, fine, but also: TEN YEARS.

Yes, Haley. Dalton realizes what he lost and wants to get back: your money. Her apologizing to him was pretty pitiful.

I didn't see the tags at the end saying what they were all doing, can someone fill me in?

Haley has said she had relationships with women before. Last night she mentioned the were never sexual.  Haley seems like a lost soul who needs approval from others to feel valuable.  And then she apologized to $%%#& Dalton.  He is garbage just like his parents said.  

Folks keep comparing Emily to Tia from LAL. There are some key differences.  Emily is very pretty.  She has much thicker hair.  Even with the shaved sides she has a think head of hair.  She does not have truly terrible face tattoos.  She can keep her eyes open and doesn't have a heroin slur.  Both Emily and Tia have short hair and dress in non-feminine clothing.  Beyond that, I don't see a comparison.  

I am betting Dalton has done some cheaterization (TM Indie).  He'll justify it with the fact that Haley kissed Emily, which, of course, he wouldn't know about while in prison.  

Max is 1) repulsive and 2) a fool.  "I don't know if she really needed to adjust something."  She did not.  She wanted to show her ass to the camera.  She is roping his pathetic loser self in.  I hope she takes him for every penny he has.  I wonder if he found himself another "innocent" murderer.  Wasn't it in Shawshank Redemption where they all laugh that everyone in the prison is innocent? 

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Empress1 said:

* Indie plans to pick up Harry at the halfway house in a few weeks.  Yolanda plans to interrogate him about his extracurricular activities.

* Max and Alessa are once again sharing a bed. Max is talking to multiple inmates, but he isn't sharing that with Alessa.

* Haley and Hendrix have moved into their new home.  They can't wait for Dalton to join them, hopefully in time for Valentine's Day.

* Santina has met a new guy,,,he's serving 10 years on a drug charge.  

* Tai has blocked Hottie...and she's giving all her attention to BB and Anthony and Jose and Carrington.

* Gabby is planning her wedding to Chris.  She will pick him up...alone... when he is released from federal prison in March.

• Useful 3
22 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

The Gondola and the gondolier looked ridiculous.

I yelled at the TV when I saw that because I recognized the area immediately. It's part of an office/residential/commercial development and I had no idea they were doing those gondola rides. Apparently it's a big thing now. Scenic? Ummm, no. But I guess when your eyes are locked on your potential lover you're not looking at all those high-rise buildings filled with office workers staring down at you. 🚣‍♂️

• Useful 5
  • LOL 3
On 2/26/2022 at 3:24 PM, MrBuhBye said:

What’s with Indie’s accent?  It almost sounds rural but her mom and brother don’t talk like that.

That's a PG County accent.  Her mom sounds like a transplant.  Not related to your question, but the over-dramatizing of going one state over really rubbed me the wrong way.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, anoninrva said:

That's a PG County accent.  Her mom sounds like a transplant.  Not related to your question, but the over-dramatizing of going one state over really rubbed me the wrong way.

I knew it wasn’t a Baltimore accent like Yolanda (and the Williams) on 90 Day.

• Love 1