Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E05: The Next Level Burger

• Start Topic

When I watch a cooking show, I want to see the food - not people running around and screaming!

I get that it's a competition, but it's just too frantic. I would have liked to see Gordon, Nyesha and Richard make their burgers separately, not at the same time, for example. And the drama! There is always someone forgetting an ingredient, starting a fire, cutting themselves... I should be used to it after Hell's Kitchen and MasterChef, but I just roll my eyes.

• Love 3

I hope everyone enjoyed an hour commercial for Gordon Ramsay Burger! One just opened up here in the Chicago area, and I had wanted to try it but...Covid. And I don't think they are on UberEats. :(

So Team Ramsay is down to three. My tin-foil hat theory is that there is someone from that team is going to win because the fix is in. So....Reuel?

• Love 2
3 hours ago, cameron said:

The right person was eliminated last night.  Always thought that she was the weakest member of Gordon's team and tired of her whining constantly.

Awwww, I liked her.

This is how I feel about the southern Blonde who always makes big mistakes and then says "I NEVER do this!"

I love Jonathan, I love how emotional he is, LOL, so I'm glad that he stayed.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
(edited)

Last week we talked about how it's clearly rigged what team goes to what level because by 4 episodes no team had gone to the same floor twice in a row.

But it finally happened this week with Ramsay's team headed to the basement twice in a row -- and then they lost a member, too.

It was great that Pyet won this round and I found it very emotional but it gets annoying how bossy she is when her teammates have to cook in the showdown.

It would have been soooooo funny if Courtney won.  Which it seemed like she had a good chance of doing based on the judge's comments.  And Pyet/Nya's team had to go to the Showdown instead.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
3 hours ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

I hope everyone enjoyed an hour commercial for Gordon Ramsay Burger! One just opened up here in the Chicago area, and I had wanted to try it but...Covid. And I don't think they are on UberEats. :(

So Team Ramsay is down to three. My tin-foil hat theory is that there is someone from that team is going to win because the fix is in. So....Reuel?

I think it's going to be Tricia as she's getting a lot of screen time.

One of the problems with this show is that they spend so much time on the elevators and platforms that I don't feel like I "know" a good many of the contestants so I don't really care about them.  I could do with less screaming and running around too.

That bit with Gordon and the flaming pan was ridiculous.  Even the Worst Cooks know to put a lid on it or, if they don't, Anne tells them to.  I'm sure Gordon doesn't walk through a kitchen with a pan full of fire to throw it into ???  I couldn't tell what.  Then he acted like he hurt his eyes but, after the commercial break, there was nothing further about that.  Pure Gordon Ramsay drama for the sake of drama.

I like Jonathan.  I was glad he stayed.

• Love 4

I'm probably going to stick with this show because I want to see who wins.  I'm not a fan of this type of show though.  Too much bullshit drama (how in hell did that woman's pan catch on fire?  How hot do you have to have it turned up for the fat to ignite like that?), too much people losing their shit - is this what these shows hook viewers on?    And certainly no inspiration to cook something after watching this  (unlike watching Mary Berry where I'm actually thinking "oh yeah! lets roast that chicken!").   

And not being a viewer of this kind of show - are there any clues to who is going to be the winner?   I'm impressed with all of the contestants in that they can cook something edible in 45 minutes without a recipe and with just grabbed ingredients.  So in my book, they are ALL winners.  

• Love 3

I love this show and I just love Nyesha getting to be on a prime time show.  She deserves it. Gordon and she are my favs so I hope that someone from their team wins. From a selfish standpoint I wish Marcus Samuelson was the third involved with this show. For me, it would have knocked it over the top. But anyway, Richard always seems to be about him. 

They should have shown each chef preparing their burgers by themselves.  Would have been so much better.

I wish Jonathon went home.  I found him riding on the coattails of his teammates.  He royally screwed up on everything. Unfortunately he got a pass.  I doubt he last much longer.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, MyMaui said:

I love this show and I just love Nyesha getting to be on a prime time show.  She deserves it. 

You're right.  There are a lot of Food Network personalities I really don't like, but Nyesha isn't one of them.

• Love 4

I found it unusual to stop time when the guy cut himself. I've only been half paying attention to this show, but most other cooking shows keep the clock running, which I think is fair. You shouldn't mess up the other chef's rhythm for someone else's mistake.

• Love 4
15 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

I don’t think Ramsay has a restaurant in NYC. I’d love to try his burgers. But I bet one costs $20.

Just under for the most part...looks like they generally run $15-17 for beef burgers. What seems outrageous to me is that he charges another $6 to substitute for plant-based patties. Like it just can't cost $6 or even $2 more to make/purchase a vegan patty than it does to get the equivalent quality of beef.  I don't see paying $21 for a vegan burger. 

https://www.gordonramsayrestaurants.com/en/us/gordon-ramsay-burger/menus/chicago

2 hours ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

What seems outrageous to me is that he charges another $6 to substitute for plant-based patties.

Plant based patties have been around for a bit, but are trendy so I can imagine you could hike the price up and people would pay.

• Love 1
51 minutes ago, grandmabegum said:

Plant based patties have been around for a bit, but are trendy so I can imagine you could hike the price up and people would pay.

I'm sure people will pay, and there's of course bigger injustices than vegetarians/vegans being overcharged on top of an already overcharged price for a burger. But it still doesn't sit right that the surcharge isn't more like $1-2. 

• Love 1
On 1/27/2022 at 7:16 PM, Ms Blue Jay said:

You're right.  There are a lot of Food Network personalities I really don't like, but Nyesha isn't one of them.

I didn't mind her this episode but prior episodes I found her try-hard; namely trying too hard to be tough.

• Love 1
On 1/27/2022 at 1:01 PM, KeithJ said:

I think it's going to be Tricia as she's getting a lot of screen time.

No way. She always looks like she's about to collapse into a puddle of tears.

I'm thinking Pyet. She's also getting a lot of attention.

• Love 1
On 1/29/2022 at 2:20 PM, Chicago Redshirt said:

Just under for the most part...looks like they generally run $15-17 for beef burgers. What seems outrageous to me is that he charges another $6 to substitute for plant-based patties. Like it just can't cost $6 or even $2 more to make/purchase a vegan patty than it does to get the equivalent quality of beef.  I don't see paying $21 for a vegan burger. 

https://www.gordonramsayrestaurants.com/en/us/gordon-ramsay-burger/menus/chicago

That’s so unfair/crazy!

• Love 1