Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E11: The Things We Thought We Left Behind

DanaK
  • Start Topic

01/12/2022 (08:00PM - 09:00PM) (Wednesday) : Crockett and Blake clash with Randall when a famous alcoholic football player needs a liver transplant. Dylan is reluctantly reunited with old friends when their son breaks his arm. Stevie and Charles work together when a patient falls ill after back-alley plastic surgery. 

10 hours ago, LittleIggy said:
10 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

I kept waiting for someone to reference Mickey Mantle re: the liver transplant.

Yes, that was the story that was mirrored, although quite a few years ago to be easily remembered.

I also thought the football player resembled Ken Stabler (Oakland Raiders) who also suffered from alcoholism.

Why was the ED so dark in the final scene with Stevie and Will? I know was supposed to be late at night, but they still need to see what they are doing. It's not like they were on a patient care floor where most of the patients would be asleep.

So watching both this and New Amsterdam, what exactly is the difference between Max setting up a makeshift clinic in a (literal) alley, versus this doctor?  Sure, Max bothered to get his license there, but other than that?  Why is Max shown to be the maverick, buck the system hero, and the Russian doctor is the villan?

I thought it was a little awkward of the parents to invite Maggie for dinner. I mean it's like a first date, if things get awkward it's hard to leave. I would think a one-on-one coffee with the two moms would have made more sense.

• Love 2
16 hours ago, jabRI said:

I thought it was a little awkward of the parents to invite Maggie for dinner. I mean it's like a first date, if things get awkward it's hard to leave. I would think a one-on-one coffee with the two moms would have made more sense.

yeah, if the writers were looking for something sensible, but they had awkwardness as their goal

• Love 1

I found it odd for Dr. Scott's former friend to be so mad at him that he seemed ok undermining his son's medical care. How does that help him? 

I would have had more sympathy for Russian doctor if he was doing medically necessary care--but branching into cosmetic surgery? really? 

• Love 3
On 1/16/2022 at 9:14 AM, Quark said:

I love how this show gets things so wrong.

As if a lawyer whose Mum works at the hospital she is suing would ever be on this case. Talk about a conflict of interest.

Exactly! First thing I thought of. 🤦‍♀️