Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E08: A Land of Wolves

• Start Topic

I missed half of this on purpose based on the promo of Kensi being in jeopardy...again and still figured out the plot after watching five minutes and knowing that I wanted someone to take out the red-headed militia woman before the epi was over...

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Aliconehead said:

Are we taking bests on whether Densi are going to be the foster parents?  I am thinking even odds on that happening. 

After watching the entire episode, I'd say it is inevitable.

BUT, I must say Rosa looked more like an adult than a kid in need of foster parents.

Edited by preeya
  • Love 1

The reason Callen and Rountree were absent was a joke: both agents just happen to need the same day off during the work week to talk to their sisters (who both live in L.A.) and Kilbride gives them the time because talking to their sisters after work or on the weekend just wouldn't work. And then he doesn't call either of them back in when Kensi goes missing? lol And Kensi was in danger--again--and of course, there was a heartwarming, emotional Densi reunion--again. Kilbride's attention to Fatima is sort of creepy.

Edited by 123BP
4 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

Why can’t Fatima just stay in Ops indefinitely if she chooses? Eric and Nell are gone.  Someone has to run it. 

I like her in Ops. I also think it's amazing that she can do the work of BOTH Nell and Beale.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, preeya said:

After watching the entire episode, I'd say it is inevitable.

BUT, I must say Rosa looked more like an adult than a kid in need of foster parents.

Yes. I thought Rosa was a young adult, until Kensi introduced her to Deeks and I was wondering why she looked like she wanted to adopt her. I am really confused about how old she truly is - I doubt younger than 16, but I had assumed 19-21ish.

• Love 1

Add me to the list of people who assumed that Rosa was legally an adult. She doesn't look anywhere near young enough to need a guardian assigned to her. It never even crossed my mind. 

Unless they really meant sponsor and simply used the wrong word?

Edited by wlk68
  • Love 2

This was a boring episode for a lot of reasons, and I think all the problems with it were pretty much in this review.

https://ncislarandomthoughts.blogspot.com/2022/01/land-of-wolves-season-13-episode-8.html

I like these reviews because they aren't fan love letters like some others. Lot of reviews never point out issues with the stories and characters, but these reviews do. The acting can be good but the episode can still suck.

• Love 2

Wow, there was so many different ways this could be taken, but no, tptb did the predictable - introduce a new agent, Kensi goes missing, Deeks flips out then regains his cool and helps (in this case Sam) save the day.  The Fatima not sure about being in the field is very reminiscent of Nell. Surely, they have better ideas out there somewhere?  

The ending with Kilbride including him self in not being a superhero was a bit rich, yes, we know he was an Admiral, but we have no history about his past feats, not to mention him recommending drinking as a way to deal with what she went through during the day.  And like everyone else, I see K and D at least fostering Rosa in the foreseeable future, even if it is just until relatives are found.  

Luckily, it wasn't super boring, or I would have switched off earlier.  At least there was mention of undercover work again, I just wish there was more.