Type keyword(s) to search

S33.E01: We’re Back!/S33.E02: It Can’t Be That Easy

Message added by Whimsy,

As a reminder, we have a no preview rule talk rule for TAR. You can view the rule here.

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, greyhorse said:

The twin girls are annoying and I couldn't care less about them.  I'm not even going to bother learning their names, not that it would help to know who is who since they really do look alike.  Didn't understand why the sister was crying in the cab - she's not the one who "is going through a breakup".  Shouldn't it have been the "whoa is me I can't do anything and I'm a failure" one that was crying?  Didn't understand that sequence.

When breakup twin invoked her ex fueling her feelings of inferiority, non-breakup twin tried to be supportive and tell her to forget about him - and in return breakup twin got mad at her for not letting her vent. So non-breakup twin was crying at being yelled at when she was just trying to buck up her sister.

I mean, that's the literal answer to what was going on...I'm sure there are also years of sister issues (sistory, if you will) behind that whole sequence.

Welcome back TAR! I missed you so much! 

Shame about Michael and Moe. They seemed nice enough.

On 1/9/2022 at 5:46 PM, proserpina65 said:

Manual cars are harder to find here in the US these days.  Most models are automatic at many rental places.  You'd have to find a friend or relative who still had something with a manual transmission.  Not impossible, of course, but more difficult than it used to be.

I agree. I can't judge racers too harshly for struggling with manual transmissions. It's not like you can just go take driver's ed. lessons for it.

Edited by InDueTime
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, InDueTime said:

I agree. I can't judge racers too harshly for struggling with manual transmissions. It's not like you can just go take driver's ed. lessons for it.

You can where I live (medium-sized city in North America).  At one place I looked into, you have to provide your own vehicle, which makes sense.  Another only teaches manual, and provides the cars.

• Useful 1
On 1/9/2022 at 5:36 PM, Netfoot said:

Surely nobody actually thought that HRH QEII would agree to being a prop for The Amazing Race? Surely things on the Civil List can't be that tight?

If they wanted a cheap Royal they could have tried the Duchess of Sussex. She'd prolly have done it for a half of Guinness and a packet of Porky Scratchin's, so long as they promise to put her face on the telly.....

I thought you meant Fergie at first. She guested in an episode of Friends so maybe she would. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Edited by Tdoc72
She was Duchess of York. Thanks, Google.
  • Love 1

So proud (wipes away a tear) 

My 9 year old earns special rewards for taking extra math classes. He loves math but it seemed unfair to us so we added in cards with rewards like ice cream, minecraft server, we clean up his bedroom. One of the cards is a late night and he can choose what to do. He chose to watch the first two episodes of Amazing Race. I hadn’t been able to DVR them because of a dispute with Verizon. 

Wo we are rewatching the first couple of episodes at 9:45 PM.

Parenting right happening here. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 7

I'm wayyy behind catching up on TAR on my DVR so everything has already pretty much been covered here (except to add that my likewise ample chest hurt just watching Shari's lack of support as she ran)! 

However, I did want to say that I burst out laughing when they showed some of the teams getting out of cabs outside a building in Russell Square; more specifically, because of the concrete steps in the foreground. Years and years ago, I stayed at a cheap hotel just a few doors down from those for a week. One night, I had a migraine and because my room was tiny and stuffy, I went outside to get some air and sat down on those steps--if I recall correctly, the building behind those had something to do with academia. For some reason, the words "we hold these truths to be self-evident..." suddenly pop up and are on a loop in my mind. As I'm trying to remember if that's from the Bill of Rights or the Constitution (none of this is helping my migraine), a few minutes later a homeless-looking gentleman passes by and mutters, "The truth is that nobody gives a fuck about the truth!" I don't think he even looked at me, just kept walking. I was in total shock because it was so absolutely specific that there's no way he hadn't been able to read my mind! 

Edited by Scout Finch
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1