Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E10: Home Safe

jewel21
  • Start Topic

The team searches for a missing child in what turns out to be a very complicated case. Burgess and Ruzek are in for a shock when someone from Makayla's past comes forward.

Airdate: 01/05/2021

I’m looking forward to this episode, I just hope it doesn’t bring more trauma for Kim.

The writers need decide what they’re are doing with Burzek, the will they won’t they is getting really old. Just let them be together. 

• Love 2

Congratulations writers, you've finally made me hate Burgess and Ruzek. I'm so friggin TIRED of this on-again, off-again, kind of together but not really crap. And every episode it's the same thing. ENOUGH. AARGH.

• Love 5

I am fully convinced the people that write this show have never watched it.

So Ruzek is sleeping on Burgess's couch apparently, taking care of Makayla in her blink & you'd miss it hospital/recovery time, taking her to school & suddenly he's not on the list to pick her up? Two episodes ago she was all over him, picking him up from a bar, saying let's go home, you have Makayla & I and now it's like 'no, you can't do that'....he was right, he's just her back up plan & I am glad he called her on her bullshit.

Mopey and Dopey's marriage announcement was as bland & underwhelming as they are. Glad that was given the 3 seconds of screen time it deserved & they then spent the rest of the episode looking like they both needed some Imodium or Zantac. I'd like to think they are choking on their guilt but then I remember they have zero guilt or regrets or integrity.

The rest of the episode was owned by Ruzek, I was waiting for him to do something stupid like he would've a couple of seasons ago but his pained rage was impressive. Seriously he is criminally underused on this show, has a full range & can do it all, not just wander around looking like he has a medical condition. 

His onscreen presence with the kid who plays Makayla is insanely good however I do find it strange that the vast majority of Makayla's scenes are with Adam & not Kim. I don't particularly buy the connection between Kim & Makayla & I think that's what makes this story so blech. Honestly on one hand I'd be happy for the kid to leave because they have zero commitment to developing it, but on the other hand it's just cycling Burgess straight into her next traumatic life event, which they also don't seem to give a fuck about developing it or committing to showing.

The Louie 2.0 random relative showing up.....yawn...we've already sat through this on fire.

Overall weird episode, yet again they try to make the perp seem like a victim & want the audience to be sympathetic because he lost a child. The ending to the case was underwhelming & they spent so much time focussed on one angle it felt unbalanced. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Guildford said:

I am fully convinced the people that write this show have never watched it.

The rest of the episode was owned by Ruzek, I was waiting for him to do something stupid like he would've a couple of seasons ago but his pained rage was impressive. Seriously he is criminally underused on this show, has a full range & can do it all, not just wander around looking like he has a medical condition. 

They don't watch it and they don't listen to viewers.  But here's the thing - we all hate it yet we all still watch it?  Why is that?  Maybe they are fine with people just hate-watching it now and don't care; viewers are still viewers.  Ugh.

Ruzek did do something stupid - he was convinced that he had the perp when it wasn't him.  Adam leaked his arrest and made all of those fliers, right?  So Adam humiliated that guy and led to him having his house vandalized.  Yes, that guy was already a sex offender, but he didn't deserve all of that if he wasn't the one to commit this most recent crime.  Adam didn't even apologize.  He even threatened him at the end, as he's standing in his ransacked house.  I didn't like that at all; Adam was an asshole.  I get where he's coming from, but it was unnecessary.

VERY happy that the Crimesteads were not a focus, but even when they did have 90 seconds of screentime, Hailey showed that she couldn't just accept Atwater's congratulations graciously.  She was so rude about it.  Yes, they had a new case and a job to do, but she didn't have to snap at him.  They would have gotten right back to work without her needing to say it.

• Love 4

That was interesting episode….

I understand the urgency needed during the case to find the little girl but Adams behaviour to the man they thought was the suspect was so uncalled for even if he was a paedophile. He humiliated him, leaked his arrest, the mans house got vandalised and fliers of him made. When Adam found out he wasn’t the perp and was actually trying to give him the information he had he didn’t apologise just threatened him. 

Kim  was also really frustrating, annoying and just plain cold and off during this episode. She had Adam sleeping on the couch, dropping Makayla off at school yet she didn’t want his name on any paperwork for Makayla because she wanted boundaries? Really, then why didn’t communicate that to him, instead he had to find out when the school wouldn’t let him pick her up? 

I’m glad Adam finally called Kim out, she really does just use him and wants him her life when it benefits her.

The writers need to decide what they are doing with Burzek, all they do throw tragedy after tragedy at them. It’s practically ruined the characters, they aren’t likeable any more and there was no chemistry between them in lasts nights episode. 

Now we have the adoption drama with some random uncle turning up.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

They don't watch it and they don't listen to viewers.  But here's the thing - we all hate it yet we all still watch it?  Why is that?  Maybe they are fine with people just hate-watching it now and don't care; viewers are still viewers.  Ugh.

Ruzek did do something stupid - he was convinced that he had the perp when it wasn't him.  Adam leaked his arrest and made all of those fliers, right?  So Adam humiliated that guy and led to him having his house vandalized.  Yes, that guy was already a sex offender, but he didn't deserve all of that if he wasn't the one to commit this most recent crime.  Adam didn't even apologize.  He even threatened him at the end, as he's standing in his ransacked house.  I didn't like that at all; Adam was an asshole.  I get where he's coming from, but it was unnecessary.

VERY happy that the Crimesteads were not a focus, but even when they did have 90 seconds of screentime, Hailey showed that she couldn't just accept Atwater's congratulations graciously.  She was so rude about it.  Yes, they had a new case and a job to do, but she didn't have to snap at him.  They would have gotten right back to work without her needing to say it.

I get your point...I think I was more expecting him to physically do something stupid and that's more what I meant.

I guess I have zero empathy or sympathy for child sex offenders so did I care he was outed...nope. Harsh, maybe yes but that's how I feel. They do deserve every little bit of hell rained down on them.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, Guildford said:

I don't particularly buy the connection between Kim & Makayla & I think that's what makes this story so blech. Honestly on one hand I'd be happy for the kid to leave because they have zero commitment to developing it, but on the other hand it's just cycling Burgess straight into her next traumatic life event, which they also don't seem to give a fuck about developing it or committing to showing.

Of course the kid is going to go to the uncle.  Because this is a drama where the focus is on the adults and their work.  How many storylines could there be of Makayla?  She gets her iPad stolen at school and they have to track it down?  She gets kidnapped?  More pick-up drama with Ruzek?  She's going to be written off the show out of convenience, just like they did on Fire.

I know Upton isn't liked here, and I'm one of the minority that finds the actress attractive.  But regardless of your feelings for her, I find it odd that Ruzek and Upton slept together (and I think more than just once?) and there's not even a hint of it anymore.  Did Jay and Adam ever have a discussion about this?  Seems like a natural thing between co-workers and men to do.  Like, "Hey bro, I'm happy for you.  Let's not let this get awkward."

• Love 4
52 minutes ago, greyhorse said:

Of course the kid is going to go to the uncle.  Because this is a drama where the focus is on the adults and their work.  How many storylines could there be of Makayla?  She gets her iPad stolen at school and they have to track it down?  She gets kidnapped?  More pick-up drama with Ruzek?  She's going to be written off the show out of convenience, just like they did on Fire.

I know Upton isn't liked here, and I'm one of the minority that finds the actress attractive.  But regardless of your feelings for her, I find it odd that Ruzek and Upton slept together (and I think more than just once?) and there's not even a hint of it anymore.  Did Jay and Adam ever have a discussion about this?  Seems like a natural thing between co-workers and men to do.  Like, "Hey bro, I'm happy for you.  Let's not let this get awkward."

Yeah Upton and Ruzek slept together more than once . Ruzek wanted them to live together . I think they want to forget it happened . And well I don’t think they even said more than a few words to each other than work stuff . 

• Love 3
54 minutes ago, Jaelyn96 said:

Yeah Upton and Ruzek slept together more than once . Ruzek wanted them to live together . I think they want to forget it happened . And well I don’t think they even said more than a few words to each other than work stuff . 

The only time the lack of continuity on this show has been a blessing.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

I love seeing Adam with Makayla, they have great chemistry. I wish it’s Adam who adopted her and Kim is the back-up plan instead. Am tired of Kim BS. They’re ruining her character.

Like L&O SVU, of course there’s a biological uncle or grandma etc who will appear unexpectedly, whenever personal drama is needed. 🙄

• Like 1
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

I love seeing Adam with Makayla, they have great chemistry. I wish it’s Adam who adopted her and Kim is the back-up plan instead. Am tired of Kim BS. They’re ruining her character.

Like L&O SVU, of course there’s a biological uncle or grandma etc who will appear unexpectedly, whenever personal drama is needed. 🙄

Tbh it seems like Adam has more of a connection/bond with Makayla than Kim does. There are hardly any scenes of Kim and Makayla together which is odd seeing as she was actually the one who adopted her. 

• Love 3
On 1/5/2022 at 10:18 PM, Dr.OO7 said:

Congratulations writers, you've finally made me hate Burgess and Ruzek.

They're my favorite couple, so now at least they'll be living together and, hopefully, this new drama about the uncle wanting custody will bring them closer together.

• Love 4
26 minutes ago, DonnaMae said:

They're my favorite couple, so now at least they'll be living together and, hopefully, this new drama about the uncle wanting custody will bring them closer together.

They were mine too, but this back and forth nonsense is exhausting. And even with them moving in together, they're still going to have separate bedrooms, so it's just more of the "were together, but not really" routine.

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, Dr.OO7 said:

And even with them moving in together, they're still going to have separate bedrooms, so it's just more of the "were together, but not really" routine.

I bet they'll be together in one bedroom by the end of the season.  I think this drama with Makayla will bring them closer together.

• Love 1
On 1/7/2022 at 7:26 PM, Chicagopdfan said:

Separate beds so Makayla’s uncle can have the spare room. 

I can't wait until they're actually sharing the bed, but not sleeping together. You know, so as not to confuse things.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 1/6/2022 at 10:32 PM, SnazzyDaisy said:

I wish it’s Adam who adopted her and Kim is the back-up plan instead. Am tired of Kim BS. They’re ruining her character.

I enjoyed Kim when she was a patrol officer. But, you're right, they ruining her.

• Love 3

OMG!!!!! This episode made me cringe. Little girl is missing, and Kim and Adam take time out, when every second counts, to argue about Adam not having his name on the forms. Seriously? And of course the case has to strike home for those two, which is the pattern for almost every episode. A case effects Upstead or it effects Burzek. And the only cases that affect Atwater are the racial-focused ones.

I loathe any pedophile, but going to the press to out the guy in his neighborhood just to try to get him to confess based on incomplete information is a bad look. That surely can't be ethical. And of course, the guy tells Adam actual evidence of what he saw, but he's so laser-focused that he's the guy, he ignores it. Now, the man's life is blown up. He'll probably have to leave his job, and pay to move somewhere else. Even though he's a sex offender, he's now got a target on his back based on an assumption.