Type keyword(s) to search

I Need a Recipe!

• Start Topic

11 minutes ago, annzeepark914 said:

Wow...that's interesting info' re: cumin.  My grandson & family will be here soon and he also has that tree nut allergy (he carries an epipen?

I had no clue about that either. Good to know. 

• Like 2

Apparently they use nuts as "filler" in cumin?   Who knew?  The new mom is really careful about cross contamination, so I expect it's on her list of no-go ingredients. 

I think I might go with this Ground turkey skillet with sweet potatoes and black beans, because I have all the ingredients on hand.  It calls for only a small amount of cumin, so it  shouldn't really affect the taste too much to swap in a mixture of coriander and chili powder.    I'll take some of my cast iron skillet cornbread to go with it.  

• Like 5

Don't be alarmed at all the text, I just like to share all I know so things are clear... this recipe is really easy. And you can make them every day. If you use a bread maker add the ingredients in the order they are listed here...

Ingredients:

1 Cup water

1 Tablespoon of sugar

1 Teaspoon of salt

1/4 Cup oil*

3 Cups of flour

2 Teaspoons of regular yeast

*I use the following oils... avocado, coconut, pecan or olive oils. Sometimes I use GHEE. I find I like avocado best. I don't use vegetable or canola oils.

I bake these like clover leaf rolls most of the time but sometimes I just divide the dough into 6 parts and bake in a giant muffin pan (it only bakes 6 at a time).

Hints on procedures:

Use your bread maker for the dough mixing and risings;

I apply a light coat of oil on the table so the dough doesn't stick when being rolled out'

Spray the pan with nonstick or brush with oil;

If you allow them to rise really high the crumb will be light, fluffy and come off in layers...

If you want the original video... https://youtu.be/H5C7E79D5t4

IMG_1699.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 2

I don’t know if this is the right thing to ask here but…

There is an Epicurious recipe I made a long time ago and want to try again. Specifically, I want the cooking technique info.  There are similar recipes I can easily find, but I think the cooking techniques might be slightly different (or maybe I am just remembering it wrong).

Cold Poached Chicken with Ginger Scallion Oil, Gourmet magazine, Aug. 20, 2004

Gourmet also put out a cookbook including a recipe of the same name on page 357 and a website called Eat Your Books has it available, but I am not a member of that website.

Many thanks to anyone who can help.

15 hours ago, Scatterbrained said:

There is an Epicurious recipe I made a long time ago and want to try again. Specifically, I want the cooking technique info.  There are similar recipes I can easily find, but I think the cooking techniques might be slightly different (or maybe I am just remembering it wrong).

Gourmet also put out a cookbook including a recipe of the same name on page 357 and a website called Eat Your Books has it available, but I am not a member of that website.

I don’t have the cookbook. I was curious about the web site, so I tried their “free” membership to see what it was all about. The full recipe was not available. It’s not clear whether it would be available on the paid version. Strange web site. Good concept but probably a lot of copyright problems so not really useful. 
Your best bet might be to get the hard copy from the library. I bet they’d have it. 

1 hour ago, EtheltoTillie said:

I don’t have the cookbook. I was curious about the web site, so I tried their “free” membership to see what it was all about. The full recipe was not available. It’s not clear whether it would be available on the paid version. Strange web site. Good concept but probably a lot of copyright problems so not really useful. 
Your best bet might be to get the hard copy from the library. I bet they’d have it. 

Thanks!  I appreciate your efforts!  

• Like 1
6 hours ago, EtheltoTillie said:

There may be digital archives that they can help you access as well.

• Useful 1
On 5/2/2024 at 3:49 PM, Scatterbrained said:

I have the cookbook and the recipe is in it, would you like me to send it?

On 5/3/2024 at 5:56 PM, justspiffy said:

I have the cookbook and the recipe is in it, would you like me to send it?

I’m so curious!  Is the technique really different?  

I'm trying to re-create a fast food item and could use some advice on one of the ingredients. I'm going to attempt to make a copycat version of Little Caesar's Pretzel Crust pizza (with the pepperoni and cheese sauce). 

I'm not going to do this completely from scratch, but will use packaged pizza crust dough and will follow the directions for creating the pretzel-type crust. I've found some recipes online, but have a cheese question.  Instead of a red sauce, this pizza has a cheese sauce, and different versions call for different types of cheese. Does anyone have a recommendation for what I should use?  One calls for jarred cheese sauce/dip, another for cheddar cheese soup, and there are some that call for making the sauce from scratch (which I'm not going to at least for this first try). If it helps, I will be mixing the sauce with some shredded cheddar cheese.

• Fire 1
On 5/11/2024 at 2:01 PM, EtheltoTillie said:

I’m so curious!  Is the technique really different?  

You would have to ask the OP, all I have is the cookbook, and I don’t know what the other recipes had as techniques.