Type keyword(s) to search

I Need a Recipe!

• Start Topic

11 minutes ago, annzeepark914 said:

Wow...that's interesting info' re: cumin.  My grandson & family will be here soon and he also has that tree nut allergy (he carries an epipen?

I had no clue about that either. Good to know. 

• Like 2

Apparently they use nuts as "filler" in cumin?   Who knew?  The new mom is really careful about cross contamination, so I expect it's on her list of no-go ingredients. 

I think I might go with this Ground turkey skillet with sweet potatoes and black beans, because I have all the ingredients on hand.  It calls for only a small amount of cumin, so it  shouldn't really affect the taste too much to swap in a mixture of coriander and chili powder.    I'll take some of my cast iron skillet cornbread to go with it.  

• Like 5

Don't be alarmed at all the text, I just like to share all I know so things are clear... this recipe is really easy. And you can make them every day. If you use a bread maker add the ingredients in the order they are listed here...

Ingredients:

1 Cup water

1 Tablespoon of sugar

1 Teaspoon of salt

1/4 Cup oil*

3 Cups of flour

2 Teaspoons of regular yeast

*I use the following oils... avocado, coconut, pecan or olive oils. Sometimes I use GHEE. I find I like avocado best. I don't use vegetable or canola oils.

I bake these like clover leaf rolls most of the time but sometimes I just divide the dough into 6 parts and bake in a giant muffin pan (it only bakes 6 at a time).

Hints on procedures:

Use your bread maker for the dough mixing and risings;

I apply a light coat of oil on the table so the dough doesn't stick when being rolled out'

Spray the pan with nonstick or brush with oil;

If you allow them to rise really high the crumb will be light, fluffy and come off in layers...

If you want the original video... https://youtu.be/H5C7E79D5t4

IMG_1699.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 1