Type keyword(s) to search

La Brea Speculation Thread: Anything Goes

shapeshifter
  • Start Topic

From https://tvline.com/2021/11/30/la-brea-recap-season-1-finale-josh-vanished-gavin-sinkhole/

TVLINE | And just to be clear, Silas is in fact Isaiah’s grandfather?
[APPELBAUM] Yes. He is.

So Silas is either Gavin's grandfather or Eve's grandfather? 
Or should we even speculate that Silas could be Levi's grandfather?
Or does the show's time traveling leave open the possibility that in an alternate universe Gavin's or Isaiah's or any character's parents are not the same as in the universe seen in the opening minutes of the show's pilot?

Edited by shapeshifter
1 hour ago, shapeshifter said:

From https://tvline.com/2021/11/30/la-brea-recap-season-1-finale-josh-vanished-gavin-sinkhole/

Or does the show's time traveling leave open the possibility that in an alternate universe Gavin's or Isaiah's or any character's parents are not the same as in the universe seen in the opening minutes of the show's pilot?

Since we don't know what year Silas is from, he is probably from the future, like Doc Aldridge and has likely traveled back and forth in time quite often. Gavin's parents could be anybody, in any time line, I don't think that will be that big of a factor, at least not yet.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, EllaWycliffe said:

<installs the white wine replicator for everyone's convenience and need>

If Isaiah is Gavin, then who is Gavin's father/Silas's son or daughter?

I think Gavin’s bio parents are going to be a major part of S2. I remain unsure whether we’ve seen them already since Silas is an unreliable narrator.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

It is a time travel show, so they could do anything. But since Josh and Izzy almost died when Isaiah didn't go through the light, it seems that a character's parents must be their parents in any and all universes they are in. If time was altered and their parents didn't meet, they wouldn't still exist as a remnant, they would die like Josh and Izzy almost did.

But I do think Silas is from a different time and may even be an older version of a character we have already met. 

• Love 1

I've only caught up to about halfway through season 2, but I'll speculate anyway: this whole thing is Gavin's hallucination/delusion  and he's going to wake up in a pool of puke, committed to a rehab center as Eve and Levi wave at him through a tiny window to his cell.

I started watching out of a mild interest in the mysteries and some of the supporting characters were interesting, but because the dumb writers insist that I am clearly supposed to think that Gavin is the bestest, most spe-shull superhero evah and because he makes my freaking skin crawl....I've decided he's just the type of greasy, d-bag meglomaniac to pickle his feefees of not belonging in vodka and create a delusion of himself as this savior of humanity by being this super cool time traveler on a quest to save his twue wuv. 

These other poor saps are just collateral damage. And I'm not sure how much longer I can watch this basic manbun bro's fantasy....

ETA: I am badly embittered toward greasy haired average dudes who get built up to be such saints/heroes that the entire show becomes about how special they are (see This Is Us, which I had to stop watching because of the incessant St. Jack worship) and how every freaking character has to admit how wrong they are in the face of such goodness. I'm waiting for the wolves and tigers and other ferocious creatures to worshipfully approach Gabe-a-Vision with flowers and apologies for taking healthy chomps out of his family. 

Edited by potatoradio
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

6 episodes is not a lot to wrap things up.

Yet these writers will probably still introduce Eve's long-lost grandpa and Gavin's long-lost great aunt, as well as a new set of pointless out-of-nowhere "mysteries" and side quests before realizing they had one episode left.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

Hopefully 6 episodes is enough to maybe explain where the Confederate gold came from ?

Or explain why some holes align geographically between future/past, but some don't ?  Like the Seattle sinkhole.

Or how they were able to build a skyscraper in the distant past ?  Never saw any construction equipment sitting around.  Did they just will it into existence ?  Did a wizard do it ?

• Like 1

Reading the showrunner's post Season 2 interview, there seems to be 4 main threads in Season 3.  How they will pace that within 6 episodes, yet still give us a satisfying resolution is the question.

“[Eve's disappearance] continues the theme of the show in a very dramatic way, but also sets up a very interesting mystery for us going into Season 3,” he explained. “Where did she go? How do we get her back? It’s a great story driver for Season 3.”

“That symbol [on Levi's tattoo] is the symbol of the organization behind the military base that Petra tells us there in 10,000 B.C. They’re going to be an important group we’ll interface with as we go through Season 3,” he explained. "We’re going to find out Petra and her mother came from that military base, and Levi interacted with them...not in 10,000 B.C.  but while he was in Los Angeles in modern times. They are going to be a key component to a larger story into what’s really going on.”

“One of the fun conceits of the show is these auroras can bring things from any time period, and for us the coolest thing we could think of was to bring dinosaurs [laughs],” Appelbaum said. “So that’s definitely a tease of dinosaurs for Season 3, but really anything could be down here from any time period as we saw all these auroras open up at the end of Season 2. Anything could be around the corner.

[Gavin's sister mentioned by his father] might be an antagonist, or she might not. We might assume one thing about her, but who she is and where we find her? That will be a surprise.”

I'm guessing to "save" Eve, they will need to go the military base, which is also where Gavin's questionable sister is.  On the way, in Episode 1, they face dinosaurs where the show will blow their whole Season 3 budget.  Eve in the past meets Gavin's sister from the past, who is full of cryptic non-answers.  Episode 2, they face Confederate soldiers working for the military base and get kidnapped.  Episode 3, they are brought in front of Gavin's evil sister who is full of cryptic non-answers.  But dun dun dun, she was Levi's wife in the 1980s.  Episode 4, we kill some time with Veronica and Lucas and Ty and Paara.  Episode 5, Eve finds a way back just as Gavin is about to kill his ruthless sister, and Eve runs in at the last moment, "Nooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"   Episode 6, Silas crawls back and tells them about the special emergency portal that's hidden under the sabre tooth tiger cave and Levi sacrifices himself so they can go back.  Don't forget the Kleenex as they take one last walk around that clearing.  

Edited by Camera One
  • Like 2
  • LOL 1