Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E03: Bon Anniversaire!

• Start Topic

I really felt for Camille in the moment she found the skillet in Emily's home. It was such a bummer too, everything was going so well, I thought the show was going to spare us the drama of Camille finding out, but of course not...

The little moment where Julien was upset at Emily and at the same time disappointed that he can't go to her party was really funny 😁

• Love 5

The wardrobe on this show is such an assault to the senses that the topless scene in the spa was a great relief.  Sylvie's outfits were great, though, as was Mindy's lime green dress at the end.    Oh to be a fly on the wall when Lily Collins was introduced to her first outfit of the episode ....  that was a whole mess of crazy.

Camille's scene at dinner, complete with champagne glass throwing, was well done.  But I was kind of hoping they'd drag the secret and Camille's suspicions out a little bit more, as the Camille / Mattheiu scene was a nice bit of tension and I wouldn't have minded seeing more like that.  

Luc in the cemetery, and his philosophy on birthdays, was a nice little scene.  

I really, really wish they'd do something to make Gabriel less dull.  Like he just kind of exists as a plot point right now, and some depth to his character is desperately needed.  

Edited by SlovakPrincess
  • Love 5
On 12/23/2021 at 1:00 PM, Nellise said:

Whatever drama the last scene might have had was killed by Emily having a giant 3 foot bow stuck to her chest.

The episode had one extreme or the other. From nothing covering the boobs to a bow larger than a 5 year old child covering them.

The way Camille jumped from G’s initialed pan in Emily’s kitchen to the conclusion they must have slept together was way too contrived. There are reasonable explanations for why his prized pan ended up in Emily’s place. The way it played out makes no sense to me.  
I think Mindy is my favorite character this season. I’m always glad to see her when she shows up on screen. 

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, DietCokeJunkie said:

The way Camille jumped from G’s initialed pan in Emily’s kitchen to the conclusion they must have slept together was way too contrived. There are reasonable explanations for why his prized pan ended up in Emily’s place. The way it played out makes no sense to me.  

There are but I think it was a combination of all the clues.  She knew how important the pan is to Gabriel.  Gabriel also had been acting weird towards her even though the reason they broke up was supposedly just because of the movie.  But mostly, it was learning from Matthieu that Emily had a secret lover she never told Camille about and that's why he walked away.  It had nothing to do with whatever lie Emily told her about why she wasn't in St. Tropez with him. 

• Love 1

Just when everything seems to be going well, the bomb finally goes off. Camille going off on Emily at her birthday party was well done, although I admit I was hoping they would draw it out a bit more just to avoid the drama. I much prefer Camille as Emily's friend then a woman scorned, although I am not sure I would be very hesitant to forgive Emily if I was Camille. If Emily had just been honest from the start, maybe Camille could have forgiven her, but the lying might be worse then the actual sex.

Julien being mad at Emily but still wanting to go to her party was funny, as was his disappointment at missing the drama and Sylvie's amusement at the whole mess. 

Whoever picked out that bow outfit for Emily needs to pay for what's they've done. 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 2
30 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

the lying might be worse then the actual sex.

It's always the coverup, not the crime.

I think Gabriel needs to take some responsibility for not telling Camille about it. He was there, too.

• Love 5
On 12/29/2021 at 2:36 AM, methodwriter85 said:

In some subconscious level, Emily was dressing herself up as a birthday gift. To herself.

Nailed it, Methodwriter!  Look what Lily Collins said to E! News:

So, what's her favorite season two look?

"It's so hard because Emily is obsessed with fashion," Collins exclusively gushed during E! News' Daily Pop on Jan. 4. "I love this outfit I wore for my birthday party which was this little mini dress with a big pink bow, because I felt Emily thought it was a bit of a present to herself."