Type keyword(s) to search

S21.E25: Live Finale (1)

• Start Topic

Just watched Hailey perform Olivia Rodrigo. Is it just me or did the judges speak really fast when critiquing her? Especially Kelly and Arianna. They really spit their words out rapid fire. 

Edited by Frisky Wig
Corrected an autocorrect

Paris did an amazing rendition of Mrs Jones. ★★★★★

Over the rainbow was very good. She finally picked a song that didn't pander to a demographic. ★★★

Hailey had to fight to get over her background music. You could hear her struggling at certain points. That's unfortunate but still great to see her singing an age appropriate song. ★★★

GNT had their best performance. They chose a great song to compliment the difference in tones and styles while joining harmonies. ★★★★

It was the same old comments from the judges. I have become immune to the commentary. The judges all have the same idiosyncrasies. Kelly stands, hoots and hollars. Makes faces like she's on stage at an Eminem concert. John talks like he's stoned and plays the sweet flattering type. Blake forgets where he is half the time then sputters out nonsense until something intelligent comes to mind. Ariana gets overwhelmed with emotions and looks heartbroken to not say something uplifting.

But that critique doesn't take away from them as individuals. They are all exceptional humans. Kind, funny, empathic, talented. It's just that they have fallen into routine and have become talking heads more then judges. Imo.

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, Malsatego said:

It's just that they have fallen into routine and have become talking heads more then judges. Imo.

They're not judges though, like on American Idol, they're coaches. They coach during their one-on-one sessions, so I think once the live performances happen, they're just there to support and compliment and to try to get their team to the next round. I guess it's a been a while, but I don't really remember the coaches giving constructive criticism after live performances in past years. Perhaps Adam did. lol

This was probably my favorite performance of Wendy's. Might be because of the song choice. I feel like she's technically gifted, but I think there's a lack of emotion or connection that happens sometimes when she sings, unlike Paris.

• Love 2

No offense to Wendy. OtR was good, but I've heard better, even of that particular arrangement. The show obviously wants her to win, too, giving her the last slot like that when technically Blake's contestants should be going first by the order of the coaches? I don't begrudge her the win even if I'd say I Will Always Love You and Jolene are the only two performances she's had that I really loved.

I didn't think the second song was a good choice for Hailey, but the first one was alright. I think it was a good showcase that she could be relevant in the market today.... Not that anyone from this show goes on to be able to do much, but you know what I mean. Perhaps they're thinking Ariana could call in some favors to help her though? Who knows. Girl Named Tom's second song was my favorite performance, personally. And Jershika was alright with RitD.

This is one of the few times I've watched a Voice finale where the performers all seemed fairly good. Most seasons of this show, I'd be lucky if I liked even one contestant.

On 12/14/2021 at 6:47 AM, Babalooie said:

It is a shame that the accompaniment overpowered her vocals.  This has been an issue since Season 1 of this show.

I have found that when I go listen to these on YouTube, the vocals are much easier to hear than when I watch episodes on my tv. On my tv, the background music and singers often overpowers the singers and I can barely hear them even when I crank the volume up.

Edited by ChristmasJones
  • Love 1