Type keyword(s) to search

S1.E07: Skin of Her Teeth

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

On 12/19/2021 at 10:51 AM, Morrigan2575 said:

Huh, that was interesting. I still don't understand how they bought the dad excuse. OK yes the DNA wasn't a 100% match, I guess it was a degraded sample. However, they still have all the other circumstantial evidence.

Well they need to beef up the evidence on all the other missing women and try and find some bodies.  Then they would have a case against Kurt.  The other circumstantial evidence is too flimsy.  Okay, so he lied about face-timing his son.  All that proves is he is being weird.  He invited podcast girl to his cabin.  So what?  It's one of those things where a jury would vote not guilty based on the evidence, but if you asked them do they think he did it, they would say "yeah."

• Love 3
On 12/21/2021 at 8:32 PM, DoctorAtomic said:

That's a huge leap from lying about talking to your son to being a suspect in a 25 year old murder.

For Angela, or for Dexter?

For Dexter, wasn't it that he was following the podcast girl and thought the way Caldwell was acting was textbook predator behavior? He was suspicious of Caldwell but I don't think he thought Caldwell was murdering women until he followed them and busted into the abandoned cabin.

Angela is super contrived, that's for sure. I get it, she's pissed she had 60 civilian volunteers out in the middle of winter looking for Matt, and she hears he's been holed up in a 5 star hotel dodging her calls.  I'd be pissed too. But, legally speaking, is Matt obligated to call her? The shooting of the white buck is not her jurisdiction. The attack on Matt and his blood being found on the scene might warrant a few questions, but as far as Angela knows, he's the victim. Are victims legally required to cooperate with police? You'd think most people in Angela's shoes would just shrug and say what a dick, and move on. But Angela drives to NYC to confront him, then strong arms the hotel clerk into showing security footage (who checks out at the front desk anymore???), thus confirming this is a large conspiracy started by Kurt. Then she manages to recall a conversation she had with Kurt which leads her to conclude he obviously wanted to avoid the PD searching the caves. I went back and watched the scene where she tells him they are searching the caves, and he does express surprise she thinks Matt could be out that far, but nothing about his reaction was over the top or something that would really stick in your mind.

So, Angela is basically naturally suspicious and has a great memory when the storyline warrants it, and completely oblivious and indiscreet when the storyline warrants that as well.

• Love 4
35 minutes ago, DoctorAtomic said:

That's basically what I meant. Good summation. 

I actually check out at the front desk because I do like talking to the staff and they call me a taxi. 

Frightfully clever of Caldwell to actually install someone in the hotel under Matt's name (vs just making the reservation and letting the no show fee come up on his credit card)...too bad he didn't consider that the one time Angela actually does her job, she really goes above and beyond.

• LOL 2

Based on the Longmire Police Academy, Tribal Police can request assistance to apprehend fugitives / suspects that are off reservation.  If Matt was in Iron Lake / Moose Creek, Angela would have clearance to detain him. However, she would need NYPD to arrest him.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Tatum said:

Frightfully clever of Caldwell to actually install someone in the hotel under Matt's name (vs just making the reservation and letting the no show fee come up on his credit card)...too bad he didn't consider that the one time Angela actually does her job, she really goes above and beyond.

What I can't wrap my head around is Angela, who is not some rookie cop but the chief of police, confiding in and taking along some blabbering YouTube podcaster "personality"civilian on an investigation. Show? Really?

Oh, Angela. You make Joey Quinn look like Steve McGarrett.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
On 12/21/2021 at 10:38 PM, aghst said:

This last episode was apparently the highest rated of the series.

Something like 8.2 million for all views.

Showtime is going to want to renew it so it's a matter of the show runner and Hall wanting to keep doing it.

Because someone floated the idea of Harrison taking over but that actor is unknown (I've never seen him in anything) and probably can't carry a show on his own.

True.  I’m not fond of the young actor. I suppose he served their purpose, though.  I would have preferred Nick Robinson.  He’s probably too busy.  He was in A Teacher.  He’s very talented and can carry the lead.

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I would have preferred Nick Robinson

Hell, yes. I never saw him before and he's 25 years old (of course, can't have an actual minor if the actor is going to curse, smoke, or have sex) but from what I can see in this clip, he appears to be quite talented and can come up with more than one or two expressions. Maybe the actor playing Harrison was chosen because he looks pretty young. There's no info about him on IMDB.

• Useful 1

I only just watched this episode last night, that's how compelling I find this show anymore. 

Harrison has as much charisma as a wet rag so every scene with him bores me to tears. I don't know if it is the writing or the actor but I just can't bring myself to give 2 shits about him or his "struggle." He also perpetually looks like he is about to burst into tears so I'm not buying his "dark passenger" schtick. 

Maybe I just need to stop watching re-boots of my beloved series. Between this, And Just Like That, and Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life, I have yet to see anything that hasn't disappointed me to the point of anger. 

• Love 2