Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

Abishola and Kemi take a directionless Christina to see a Yoruba priest, where she learns that her toxic relationship with her mother may be stifling her growth. Also, Bob deals with the fallout of promoting Kofo over Goodwin when Goodwin has a panic attack at work.

Airdate: 11/29/2021

I really enjoyed this episode. It made me laugh out loud several times, and I thought every storyline was, for the most part, good, although Christina's was a little weak. (I liked in the scene with the Nigerian priest that even though Abishola and Kemi are Christians, the pull of tribal traditions is still strong within them.)

I got a kick out of Abishola and Goodwin's conversation in his hospital room and how they both acknowledged that, as Nigerians, they wouldn't respect "panic attack" as a legitimate condition.

It's interesting how few scenes Bob and Abishola have together. Other than the opening episodes, how much have we seen them interacting as a married couple? It's almost as though having married them so quickly,  TPTB don't know what to do with them as a married couple. And while I like Bob and Abishola together, their getting married was the endgame.

I can understand why the creators didn't want to spend seasons showing them courting -- Billy Gardell already starred in that show with Melissa McCarthy in "Mike and Molly." It just makes me wonder where TPTB are going with Bob & Abishola. 

And speaking of Billy Gardell, he has lost an enormous amount of weight, even from the season premiere. It was really noticeable in this episode.

Edited by SmithW6079
  • Love 9

That was a really fun episode, I laughed several times. I hope that the Nigerian priest pops back again, I liked him a lot. "You keep asking that, and the answer is always no!"

Not a lot of Bob or Abishola, who were both basically supporting characters in other peoples stories, but I was alright with it. Its great that the show has built such a strong supporting cast that they can carry so much of an episode. 

You know things are bad when your doing puzzles after work...

• Love 3

On 11/30/2021 at 3:02 AM, SmithW6079 said:

It's interesting how few scenes Bob and Abishola have together. Other than the opening episodes, how much have we seen them interacting as a married couple? It's almost as though having married them so quickly,  TPTB don't know what to do with them as a married couple. And while I like Bob and Abishola together, their getting married was the endgame.

I can understand why the creators didn't want to spend seasons showing them courting -- Billy Gardell already starred in that show with Melissa McCarthy in "Mike and Molly." It just makes me wonder where TPTB are going with Bob & Abishola. 

I agree.  This is still bothering me.  If we didn't already know they got married, would that be obvious to us in this episode?  No.  They don't even show them in bed together.

On 11/30/2021 at 3:02 AM, SmithW6079 said:

And speaking of Billy Gardell, he has lost an enormous amount of weight, even from the season premiere. It was really noticeable in this episode.

Yes, he looks great, but they really need to start tailoring down his suits to fit him better.

• Love 5
20 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Im kinda annoyed that Goodwin just expects the promotions ... gets upset and throws a tantrum basically and is still reworded at the end ... NO

I saw it differently.
Did you hear all of this part?

• [Bob to Goodwin] You know, you and I are the only two who can do every job in this company.
    I'm sorry for the way I handled promoting Kofo. I should've talked to you first. 

• [Goodwin] Nonsense. You are the boss. You have the right to break the hearts of your employees. 

• [Bob] Look, it was a tough call, but you got to make those decisions when you're in charge... you'll see. 

• [Goodwin] What do you mean? 

• [Bob] One day, I'm gonna step aside and you're gonna be the unfortunate soul that has to deal with it. 

• [Goodwin] You want me to be in charge of MaxDot? 

• [Bob] Eventually. Who else can I trust this place with, Douglas?

• ( Both laugh )...

Bob saying that Goodwin "can do every job in this company" implies that Goodwin has had other promotions and therefore hoped for more.

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

I saw it differently.
Did you hear all of this part?

• [Bob to Goodwin] You know, you and I are the only two who can do every job in this company.
    I'm sorry for the way I handled promoting Kofo. I should've talked to you first. 

• [Goodwin] Nonsense. You are the boss. You have the right to break the hearts of your employees. 

• [Bob] Look, it was a tough call, but you got to make those decisions when you're in charge... you'll see. 

• [Goodwin] What do you mean? 

• [Bob] One day, I'm gonna step aside and you're gonna be the unfortunate soul that has to deal with it. 

• [Goodwin] You want me to be in charge of MaxDot? 

• [Bob] Eventually. Who else can I trust this place with, Douglas?

• ( Both laugh )...

Bob saying that Goodwin "can do every job in this company" implies that Goodwin has had other promotions and therefore hoped for more.

no he threw a fit because he wasn't promoted before his cousin ... he dogged his cousin because he had "been" there longer .. and expected the promotion insted of him... then trying to  push bob out faster and to give it to him in writting like bob would lie and screw him over so he could be the boss was fucked up .. I cant with his entitlement

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
On 12/1/2021 at 11:10 PM, mary2013 said:

Is the actress who plays Christina pregnant?

49 minutes ago, MarthaEllisanne said:

I wondered the same thing. Giant purse clutched to her front, pillows, the usual tricks to conceal pregnancy. 

Apparently, there's a lot of speculation online, but nothing from what I would consider legitimate websites.

On 12/2/2021 at 2:04 PM, Keywestclubkid said:

no he threw a fit because he wasn't promoted before his cousin ... he dogged his cousin because he had "been" there longer .. and expected the promotion insted of him... then trying to  push bob out faster and to give it to him in writting like bob would lie and screw him over so he could be the boss was fucked up .. I cant with his entitlement

Yup all that and he also quit and walked out in a huff at one point too!

I didn't think the later part where he seemed to change his tune made up for all of the above either.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2