Type keyword(s) to search

Media for Agatha: Westview Gazette Updates

• Start Topic

FEAfRplVkAcivas?format=jpg&name=900x900

kathryn-hahn-wandavision.jpeg?crop=0px,1

Agatha: House Of Harkness is a spin-off from the Disney+ show WandaVision. Kathryn Hahn will play Agatha Harkness, a witch in this dark comedy.

WandaVision head writer Jac Schaeffer will return to serve as writer and executive producer on the series.

• Love 1

Before filming on her TV Series Agatha: House Of Harkness in Georgia in October of 2022, Agatha Harkness will team up with Mordo and become some of the villians that have to be dealt with in the upcoming Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness movie.

• Love 2
On 1/13/2022 at 11:15 AM, AnimeMania said:

Before filming on her TV Series Agatha: House Of Harkness in Georgia in October of 2022, Agatha Harkness will team up with Mordo and become some of the villians that have to be dealt with in the upcoming Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness movie.

Wait, what? Source?

10 minutes ago, Brn2bwild said:
On 1/13/2022 at 2:15 PM, AnimeMania said:

Wait, what? Source?

Marvel's New Doctor Strange 2 and WandaVision Villain Team-Up, Explained

Probably more of a rumor and I didn't realize.

• Love 1

Kathryn Hahn attributes success to 'complex' roles for women her age
By Rachel Schonberger    February 24, 2022 
https://ew.com/tv/kathryn-hahn-on-complex-roles-women-her-age/ 

Next on Hahn's plate are two hush-hush projects: Knives Out 2 and her WandaVision spinoff, Agatha: House of Harkness. In the former, she will star alongside Daniel Craig, Leslie Odom Jr., Kate Hudson, and an onslaught of billboard names.
Although her upcoming Marvel series is still in development, she hinted that what she's seen so far is "exactly what I would have hoped and dreamt."

• Love 2
(edited)

Marvel's Agatha Disney+ Spin-off Receives Release Date Window
By Russ Milheim   May 23, 2022
https://thedirect.com/article/marvel-agatha-disney-spin-off-release-date-window 

New information has been uncovered thanks to the Writer’s Guild of America that reveals when fans can expect to see Kathryn Hahn’s Agatha: House of Harkness.

The show is credited as a comedy for the 2023-2024 TV season, indicating that it's eyeing a premiere in the second half of 2023 or the first half of 2024.

Production for the project is currently set to begin in late October of this year. If everything goes smoothly, and efficiently, that could line up with a Halloween 2023 debut. Though, given the recent trend of production & post-production delays, the show's premiere could easily be pushed back.

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1

The Dish: Is Sacha Baron Cohen Joining MCU?
By Nellie Andreeva    October 18, 2022
https://deadline.com/2022/10/sacha-baron-cohen-mcu-ironheart-mephisto-marvel-disney-plus-1235147636/ 

Like with any major Marvel characters, word is that Cohen would appear in other projects. If the Mephisto alter ego is confirmed, that could include the upcoming WandaVision spinoff Agatha: Coven of Chaos as Mephisto had a presence (but was never shown) on the praised mothership series starring Elizabeth Olsen.

‘Heartstopper’ Star Joe Locke Joins ‘WandaVision’ Spinoff ‘Agatha: Coven of Chaos’ for Disney+ (EXCLUSIVE)
By Joe Otterson     Nov. 1, 2022
https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/heartstopper-joe-locke-wandavision-spinoff-agatha-coven-of-chaos-disney-plus-1235418355/ 

“Heartstopper” star Joe Locke has been cast in the “WandaVision” spinoff “Agatha: Coven of Chaos” for Disney+, Variety has learned exclusively from sources.

Locke joins Kathryn Hahn in the Marvel Studios series, in which Hahn will reprise the role of Agatha Harkness, whom she played in “WandaVision.” Exact plot details, including the character Locke will play, are being kept under wraps. Emma Caulfield Ford is also set to reprise the role of Dottie from “WandaVision” in the new series.

• Useful 1

‘Agatha: Coven Of Chaos’: Ali Ahn & Maria Dizzia Cast In ‘WandaVision’ Marvel Spinoff For Disney+
By Nellie Andreeva     Nov 3, 2022
https://deadline.com/2022/11/agatha-coven-of-chaos-ali-ahn-maria-dizzia-cast-wandavision-spinoff-1235162743/  

EXCLUSIVE: Ali Ahn (Raising Dion) and Maria Dizzia (The Staircase) have been added to the cast of Agatha: Coven of Chaos, Marvel’s upcoming WandaVision spinoff series for Disney+.

They join lead Kathryn Hahn, who is reprising her role as WandaVision bad gal Agatha, male lead Joe Locke as well as Aubrey Plaza, who is believed to be playing a villainous role. Details about Ahn and Dizzia’s characters are being kept under wraps. A rep for Marvel declined comment.

In addition to Hahn, Emma Caulfield Ford also is expected to reprise the role of Dottie from WandaVision.

• Useful 1

WandaVision's Emma Caulfield Teases What to Expect from Agatha: Coven of Chaos
By DANIEL TRAINOR NOV 10, 2022
https://www.eonline.com/news/1354207/lessigreaterwandavisionlessigreater-s-emma-caulfield-teases-what-to-expect-from-lessigreateragatha:-coven-of-chaoslessigreater 

"I have fittings next week," Emma Caulfield, who reprises her role as Dottie on Agatha: Coven of Chaos, exclusively told E! News at the BoxLunch Gala Honoring Feeding America Nov. 9. "It will be a really great surprise for me to see what I'm doing and how I am. I know nothing. It's a wonderful surprise. I can't wait to see."

Caulfield said she begins filming "next month" and has high hopes for what the spin-off might mean for Dottie.

"I think she could probably level up her personal life a little bit," she said. "I don't know what I am. Maybe I'm fabulous."

• Love 1

Marvel Studios Reportedly Recruits Wednesday Director for the MCU
By Gillian Blum    December 9, 2022
https://thedirect.com/article/marvel-studios-wednesday-director-agatha-mcu 

According to Production Weekly, and as previously reported in part by The Illuminerdi, Wednesday director Gandja Monteiro has signed on to direct Agatha: Coven of Chaos.

The production breakdown also states that Agatha's principal photography will begin the first week of 2023.

• Love 1

‘Agatha: Coven Of Chaos’: Debra Jo Rupp Joins ‘WandaVision’ Marvel Spinoff For Disney+
By Nellie Andreeva    January 3, 2023
https://deadline.com/2023/01/agatha-coven-of-chaos-debra-jo-rupp-cast-wandavision-marvel-spinoff-disney-pls-mrs-hart-1235210760/ 

EXCLUSIVE: That ’70s Show and That ’90s Show star Debra Jo Rupp has been added to Agatha: Coven of Chaos, Disney+/Marvel WandaVision spinoff series headlined by Kathryn Hahn, sources tell Deadline.
No details about Rupp’s role are revealed but it’s safe to assume that she may be reprising her WandaVision role as Mrs. Hart, which she played in five episodes of the original series. A rep for Marvel declined comment.

Edited by tv echo
  • Like 1

2023 TV Preview: The Last of Us, Ahsoka, Mayfair Witches, Wolf Pack and 16 More Shows We're Excited About
By Team TVLine / January 5 2023
https://tvline.com/lists/best-new-tv-shows-2023-the-last-of-us-ahsoka/ 

AGATHA: COVEN OF CHAOS (Disney+)
WHY IT EXCITES US: Plot details are minimal, and a release date timetable is still vague. But “Kathryn Hahn reprising her role as Agatha Harkness” is all we need to hear to be 100 percent in on this forthcoming WandaVision spinoff, which will hopefully reveal what became of the titular witch after Wanda trapped her in her neighborly Agnes persona. And we’re further intrigued by the reported returns of WandaVision‘s Emma Caulfield Ford and Debra Jo Rupp, who will join a stacked (though rumored) ensemble that also includes The White Lotus‘ Aubrey Plaza, Heartstopper‘s Joe Locke, Broadway vet Patti LuPone and more. — Rebecca Iannucci

SERIES PREMIERE DATE: Winter 2023

Edited by tv echo
  • Like 1

Agatha: Coven of Chaos Marvel Spinoff May Feature 'A Little Song Here or There,' Kathryn Hahn Hints
By Matt Webb Mitovich / January 14 202
https://tvline.com/2023/01/14/agatha-coven-of-chaos-musical-wandavision-spinoff-kathryn-hahn/ 

Well, TVLine spoke with Hahn on Saturday afternoon at the Television Critics Association winter press tour, following her appearance on the panel for Hulu’s upcoming Tiny Beautiful Things. With Agatha: Coven of Chaos due to start filming this Tuesday in Atlanta, we asked Hahn what most excited her about revisiting the witchy role.

“Um, her costumes and her nails. They’re fabulous,” Hahn enthused. “And who knows, there may be a little song here or there… but no one is saying anything about that — certainly not me!”

‘Agatha: Coven of Chaos’ Sets Directors as Production Readies for Next Week
BY BORYS KIT    JANUARY 13, 2023
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/agatha-coven-of-chaos-director-revealed-wandavision-1235299122/  

Agatha will likely take off from there as David Payton, David Lengel, Asif Ali, Amos Glick, Brian Brightman, and Kate Forbes, all of whom appeared on WandaVision, are returning for the spinoff. (Caulfield and Rupp also appeared on the series.)

Miles Gutierrez-Riley, Okwui Okpokwasili and Maria Dizzia are newcomers to Agatha.

Edited by tv echo
  • Like 1

Heartstopper Season 2 Star Joe Locke Says Marvel’s Agatha: Coven of Chaos Was ‘Very Emotional’ to Film
Editor’s note: SAG-AFTRA members are currently on strike; as part of the strike, many actors are not promoting their film and TV projects. This interview was conducted prior to the strike.
BY K-CI WILLIAMS  AUGUST 8, 2023
https://www.teenvogue.com/story/heartstopper-season-2-star-joe-locke-solo-profile 

Working on Marvel’s Agatha: Coven of Chaos in Atlanta was the second most incredible experience of Locke’s life (“I don't think anything could ever beat the experience of Heartstopper, especially season one and the release and the bonds created there”), having spent six months with “the most incredible women, surrounded by the most talented, genius people,” he says. The upcoming Disney+ series stars Kathryn Hahn, Aubrey Plaza, Debra Jo Rupp, and Patti LuPone, “women who have made names for themselves and are real forces for what they believe in.” Taking the job, which he found “very full on, very physical, very emotional,” was his way of proving to himself that his acting career doesn’t start and end with Heartstopper.
He offers endless praise for Agatha showrunner Jac Schaeffer. Locke adds that Schaeffer directed a few episodes of the forthcoming series, something she hadn’t done on Wandavision. “There’s something so incredible about working with the person who knows the story better than anyone else,” Locke says. It’s Oseman’s involvement in Heartstopper that has made the comic-to-screen adaptation such a roaring success, and it’s Schaeffer’s multi-disciplined hand steering the Agatha ship that Locke found incredible. “She knows these characters and this story more than anyone else in the whole world, so who better to direct the episode than the person who created it?”

Edited by tv echo
  • Like 2

According to The Hollywood Reporter article (linked above), this series is now called Agatha: Darkhold Diaries...

Agatha, the WandaVision spinoff starring Kathryn Hahn, was originally announced for a winter 2023 release has been pushed back to early fall 2024, where it will serve as a lead-up to the Halloween holiday. The show, which completed its filming before the strikes, was previously titled Agatha: House of Harkness and then Agatha: Coven of Chaos before falling on its currently name, Agatha: Darkhold Diaries.

Edited by tv echo

Agatha: Darkhold Diaries will probably be released some time around Halloween 2024.

agatha-11.jpg

Here is a description of the show taken from the professional website of someone who worked on the series (not official).

Spoiler

When a new series of tragedies strike the city of Westview again, the newly reformed Agatha Harkness will be forced to join forces with the reincarnation of her former enemy's son, Billy Kaplan, to discover what force from the past is causing chaos in Westview as she seeks redemption for her mistakes of the past.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

I thought if there was one thing that Disney learned from John Carter, it was that you don't just use a random name for a title, unless it is a unique and well-known one like Loki.

Agatha sounds like it could be anything from a rom-com to biography and I would probably just pass on it, if I didn't already want to see it.

• LOL 2

How many more times are they going to re-title this show?

Don't get me wrong I'm still excited to watch it, but it's starting to feel like Marvel are a little nervous about the show.

• Like 2