Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E05: I Thought You'd Be Happier To See Me

paulvdb
  • Start Topic

Hope is tracked down by the one person who could help her Rebekah Mikaelson. Rebekah is fearful of what path Hope has chosen but makes every effort to get through to her. Josie and Lizzie hold out hope in a seemingly dire situation as MG figures out what he can do to help. Meanwhile, Kaleb wants to set things right and turns to Cleo for guidance.

Airdate: November 11, 2021

That was a very good episode. Not perfect but still better than most of season 3. 

As great as seeing Rebekah again was, these short episode visits of TVD/Originals characters are annoying in that they don’t really conclude in feasible ways. We have Freya and Rebekah both visiting Hope and the visits end in very bad ways but we are supposed to believe they are just going to go back home and live their lives? 

I am annoyed that they had this idea for the Triad and haven’t used till now. We had to go through these seasons dealing with Malivore instead. This idea of the Triad hunting Hope could be very interesting and actually about Hope. 

Wondering who will make up the Triad. Seen spec that the person on the phone was Aurora from the Originals. It would be interesting if each of these Triad had some type of history with Hope’s family. 

• Love 4
On 11/12/2021 at 12:21 PM, ybrik said:

Wondering who will make up the Triad. Seen spec that the person on the phone was Aurora from the Originals. It would be interesting if each of these Triad had some type of history with Hope’s family. 

Because I only watched bits and pieces of The Originals, I don't know who Aurora is...but didn't the bartender guy who Hope killed say the Triad is composed of the very first witch, werewolf and vampire.

And that confuses me because aren't the Mikaelson's the very first vampires?  Maybe the future episodes of Legacies will expand on who are the Triad...

If Aurora is the person on the phone she can fit as being a first vampire for a couple of reasons. First she is the first of Rebekah’s sire line. Also she was compelled by Elijah to think she was Rebekah for over a hundred years. Also this may be a coincidence but she and the first sired vampires of Klaus and Elijah were known as the Trinity. 

The first werewolves could be interesting as there was a time where people/witches could turn into wolves but then because of the hollow, the werewolf curse was created which Hope’s mom was a descendent from the first family of cursed werewolves. 

And regarding a witch it’s got to be a Bennett right. They have to be descendants of the first witches as they seem to be part of so many spells/curses. 

After seeing the episode again, still got a kick of Rebekah referring to herself as a fancy bitch. 

• Love 1

I like that this show is bringing in characters from Hope's past. I enjoyed seeing Rebekah and Freya. And I'm glad they brought in the actress who played young Hope in The Originals. This is probably the most interesting this show has been in years. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, jewel21 said:

I like that this show is bringing in characters from Hope's past. 

I never watched The Originals because I hated the characters when they were on TVD. They really ruined that show for me, so I was very happy when they went off to their own show & I didn't have to see them again. I am not doing the happy dance seeing them show up on this show, I wasn't loving the show before, this may be the last straw for me.

• Love 1

People in this franchise really are remarkably forgiving, I would prefer it if people were just a bit miffed at Kaleb for at least an episode or two. I love Kaleb but what he did was messed up and I wouldn't blame people if they didn't trust him for a bit.

I was never that into The Originals but its cool seeing some of their characters stopping by, even if I have to do some googling to totally remember everyone's backstories. Things are going to be really awkward when Hope turns her humanity back on.

I knew that the Triad is still attached to Malivore, but at least it feels a bit different.

On 11/16/2021 at 4:17 PM, tennisgurl said:

Things are going to be really awkward when Hope turns her humanity back on.

Still catching up so I don’t know how things shake out, but in the spirit of TVD/TO these characters are very forgiving. She has the excuse that her humanity was switched off and it seems like she didn’t even do it intentionally. 

I’m amused that now that Hope has gone to the dark side she’s wearing leather jackets because black leather = evil. Also loved seeing Rebekah and young Hope again. 

Edited by BaggythePanther
  • Love 1
On 12/11/2021 at 12:26 PM, BaggythePanther said:

I’m amused that now that Hope has gone to the dark side she’s wearing leather jackets because black leather = evil. Also loved seeing Rebekah and young Hope again. 

One of these days, genre TV will give us a hero who turns evil and starts dressing in floral sundresses. 

• LOL 2