Type keyword(s) to search

A Christmas Peril

AgentRXS
  • Start Topic

Christmas Eve, 1982: An unexpected guest shows Dewey that this is the first in a long line of terrible Christmases. In 1987, Rocky and Dwayne take jobs as a mall Santa and elf. In 1993, Dwayne reluctantly spends a disastrous Christmas with Coach O.

Original Air Date: December 15, 2021

I did think "Big Tim" with the weaponized crutch was kind of funny.  Nice changeup to have Rock telling his story to the young actress girl instead of Randall Park.  I like seeing the camaraderie among all the wrestlers.  The "win Mrs. Claus" match seemed completely believable as something they would do back then.  Nice holiday sentiment in a Christmas episode.  

• Love 4

A fun little Christmas episode, I thought.  I liked how the "Christmas Carol" aspect allowed for all of the "Young Rocks" to interact with one another for once.  And even getting to be alongside the real Dwayne for a scene as well!

I would be so down to attend a Christmas party featuring the likes of Iron Shiek, Andre the Giant, and Randy Savage.  I bet those would be fun as hell!

While I'm glad Little Rock (sorry) did put on a good face at the end, the Radish Baby really did look like something out of a "possessed doll" horror film...

• Love 5

A very fun little Christmas special. Whatever movie that grown up Dwayne was making sounds like the worst Christmas movie I would watch three times, and I like how they used the framing device of him telling her about his various Christmas's. Then using the Christmas Carol set up to have all three Dwayne's interacting was a really fun idea, I love the running joke of every Dwayne thinking that the newest one is several decades older then they really are.

A Christmas party with Iron Sheik, Andre the Giant, and Randy Savage sounds awesome, even if tiny Dewy did have to unwrap a possessed cabbage patch kid. 

• Love 5

This was fun, but on rewatch, I realized the math is all wonky. 10 year old Dewey is in 1982, so he should be born in 1972. Five years later in 1987 he's 15. So far, so good. But the 21 year old version is in 1991, which would make him born in 1970. Has it always been like this?