Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E07: Trust Me

jewel21
  • Start Topic

So this episode was the just the full and complete destruction of the character of Jay Halstead?  He used to be my favorite, and I still like the actor, but... wow.  WHY is he still with Hailey?????  And making decisions on his own that jeopardize a bunch of people?  I guess I only liked when he told Voight that he didn't trust him, but Voight would have to kick him off the team to explain to everyone why.  That was a nice ultimatum... but they still have the tension and issues and neither one is leaving, so what was the point?  

• Love 5

Knight on a white horse Jay vehemently defending his girlfriend!  BARF!  Yes Voight is dirty as hell, but Felony Barbie having a breakdown when she's done so much worse than this is just bad writing!  He has no clue who he's engaged to.  They've ruined both characters of Jay and Hailey and they both need to be go!

That opening scene with Voight in the restaurant was confusing at first.  I thought it was for Olinsky until he talked to Platt.  It was also weird at the end when he didn't mention Erin.  I have to assume they keep in touch at least, but they act like she never existed.  She was like a daughter to him.

• Love 2

I knew the diner scene was about his son. Voight looked so desolate. I’m glad he had the food boxed up. One of my pet peeves on tv shows is people being served yummy food then leaving it untouched. At least Hank thought about bringing the food back to the station. Trudy said it would not go to waste! I bet it didn’t last long in the break room. 😛

Edited by LittleIggy
  • Love 3

I really don't get where Barfstead fans see the great chemistry. I sure as hell don't see it. And I'm sick of the treatment Upton gets. She's a Big Girl, she made her choice now acts like she's not the woman who ordered Darius'es death with a Smirk on her face. What's so great about her ? On the Shallow end of the pool, she's not even that attractive I don't get what's so awesome about this woman that Jay "Loves" Her and Got Ruzek in her bed at one point 

• Love 3

I guess Eid is making sure he ruins every character before he leaves. Halstead is a joke, and people want him to be a leader? Really? The guy who blew up an undercover op because he was pissed off with Voight (even though the past two weeks he's been totally fine...hello continuity) and ended up getting another man killed. Good work idiot.

At least this week Upton actually took responsibility for her own actions, not that Jay paid any attention to that & I'm sure next week she'll be back being the victim again. A bit like her idiotic fans Jay wants to blame Voight for everything and refuses to see what's right in front of him. She's a lying manipulative shrew with form.

His carry on about planting the drugs in the car was ironic considering Upton was sent to the FBI for doing exactly the same thing. So you hate on Voight for that, just wait until you find out Felony Barbie has this on her rap sheet as well. Voight is right, you've got no idea who you are sleeping with. 

And yet another week passes with Burgess having absolutely zero signs of PTSD. She was shot at again this week and not even a single flicker of recognition. It's a joke that they are completely ignoring the victim of Roy's rampage to make this all about Upstead. Poor Hailey, angry Jay (who looks more constipated than angry tbh)...give me a break. 

Anyhoo, I enjoyed Anna, I can see her and Voight developing some kind of co-dependency relationship. She was unpredictable but cunning and it was kinda nice to have a new character who is not an evil mustache twirling villan...well not yet anyway. I liked her and hope we see her again. 

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Guildford said:

At least this week Upton actually took responsibility for her own actions, not that Jay paid any attention to that & I'm sure next week she'll be back being the victim again. A bit like her idiotic fans Jay wants to blame Voight for everything and refuses to see what's right in front of him. She's a lying manipulative shrew with form

Yeah, it was nice to see someone finally owning their (expletive) for a change. Let's see how long it lasts

The only way that Jay can be saved as a character is if Erin were to come back for a storyline and they are given a sendoff together.  I don't get his beef with Voight, he was childish whiny surly and vindictive.  What pisses me off is that he is acting like this over Upton of all people..

• Love 6

Such a corny theme (Trust Me). All throughout Voight's pitching to the UC that trust is so important, then they end the episode with Halstead saying he doesn't trust Voight.

He (Halstead) should be looking at his bed partner when it comes to trust issues. 

• Love 2

When it comes to screen time I'll take Anna 10 times out of 10 over Felony Barbie. I really like the character, but there's just not much they can do with her on the show beyond as a C.I. She's got a record and has done time so no way she ever gets into any type of law enforcement; as a C.I. she's only useful until she isn't, so my guess is she either ends up dead next week, or at best, into some kind of witness protection arrangement or she goes back to being a DEA asset and is never heard from again. Which is too bad, because she brings a bit gravitas that I found refreshing.

I've said here in previous threads that for a unit working the worst crime areas of Chicago that this almost-all-white team would stick out like a sore thumb, and having deep UCs with Anna's smarts, connections, and yes, good looks, would have really helped the show. At first I thought she was going to be undercover from maybe ISP or some other agency, who'd transfer into CPD after an existing cast member leaves.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, NJRadioGuy said:

When it comes to screen time I'll take Anna 10 times out of 10 over Felony Barbie. I really like the character, but there's just not much they can do with her on the show beyond as a C.I. She's got a record and has done time so no way she ever gets into any type of law enforcement; as a C.I. she's only useful until she isn't, so my guess is she either ends up dead next week, or at best, into some kind of witness protection arrangement or she goes back to being a DEA asset and is never heard from again. Which is too bad, because she brings a bit gravitas that I found refreshing.

She's a total bad-ass who could be a Kim Burgess clone.

Edited by preeya