Type keyword(s) to search

S01:E06 Be Prepared

• Start Topic

When Coach Long and Bill take the boys on a camping trip as part of their newly formed scout troop, their starkly different approaches to the outdoors show Dean that his father isn't good at everything. As a thunderstorm threatens an eerie quest through the woods, Bill leans into his expertise to save the day.

Original Air Date: October 27,2021

I liked the camping episode. It was funny seeing him using all the kids to fix the sink and weed the garden. Then they actually went camping with Coach Long and Dean kept missing all the great stuff.

• Love 4

Why couldn't Dad let the competent parent run things? His kid would still be happy. This ego crap is really not sympathetic and it doesn't show love for his son. I didn't really feel bad for him when he was humiliated. He brought that on himself and was given numerous off-ramps to prevent it. 

• Love 9

Better yet, why not just let the competent parent be the leader and he could stay home, which is what he wanted to do in the first place?  But nooooooo, Dean had to not only badger him into it, but he put him on the spot....IMO Dean was out of line and if I were his father I would have told him about himself and took his ass home.

• Love 3

Dean snapping at his dad in front of everyone wasn't alright, but I don't really blame him, his dad should have apologized as well. He almost ruined the trip Dean was looking forward to because his pride wouldn't let him admit he wasn't any good at camping.

The kids doing chores was funny, and I did laugh at Dean's dad pulling out more and more useless expensive camping equipment out. "That salesman must have been working on commission." 

• Love 4
20 hours ago, Cress said:

It was funny seeing him using all the kids to fix the sink and weed the garden.

I thought that was very clever of him - and really, those are skills too that are just as valuable as outdoor skills!

• Love 8