Type keyword(s) to search

S41.E06: Ready to Play Like a Lion LIVE CHAT

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

Had my new college class start tonight so won’t be able to chat live, but just sneaking in to say ‘heh’ to Ricard and Shan still fighting about J.D.’s advantage.  This is gold!  

2 minutes ago, vb68 said:

I'm going to need Shan's and Ricard's games to blow up tonight.

I just hate how wishy-washy Shan is.  She wants to be this schemer but also plays too much with her emotions.  Maybe if she was as bad ass as she thinks she is she could actually carry a tune.  

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, vb68 said:

I'm going to need Shan's and Ricard's games to blow up tonight.

Yessssss please! There must be some sort of merge or swap coming because otherwise what happens if Shan/Ricard lose? They draw rocks?

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

I'm still deciding if I like Jeff talking to the camera like it's a Big Brother Diary Room session.

Jeff is no Julie. But now I am imagining Otev and Zingbot on Survivor. And a challenge where they all wear tutus and spin around 10 times.

4 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

I'm still deciding if I like Jeff talking to the camera like it's a Big Brother Diary Room session.

I don’t.  It’s too distracting, and even though we know something is coming, it takes away a little bit of the suspense.  See what happens when we take away “come on in guys?”

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

A little behind but the more I listen to Liana when it comes to Xander, I can't help feeling like her attitude towards him is personal. She's had it out for him from like jump, to the point of full on weeping when her alliance chose to go for the other guy instead of him. Then she keeps going on about all these advantages he has, when unless I'm mistaken, isn't it just the idol he has that was useless until all the other tribes found their clue?

Then she says he's so trusting of her but takes it to mean that he doesn't see her as a threat at all, as if he doesn't respect her game when I'm thinking maybe it's because he thinks being such a small tribe that had to fight so hard to stop losing immunity challenges, they've developed some kind of alliance? Not sure if I'm making sense but it's just an odd feeling I get with her towards him. 

Like a woman's alliance is fine and it's fine if she just wants to boot as many guys as possible in favor of her female alliance partners. But I just feel like the way she speaks about Xander would make you think he's this awful person. Again, it's just a weird vibe with her when it comes to him. 

Meanwhile, I will need the show to return to regular Survivor next season. I'm not against twists but a million in one season is just overkill. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 3

In the words of Blanche Deveraux, Erika was "stunned, just stunned...the only word to describe her was just, stunned." Girlfriend clearly thought she was tight enough to be picked on automatic and instead her tribemates were all, "yeah we just kind of went rock paper scissors".

Btw,  I don't buy that. I think they picked Naseer outright but didn't want to clue Erika in that she's pretty much on the chopping block. Didn't work though because I think she still got the message. 

• Love 3

I feel bad for Erika. Her description of essentially being on the winning tribe but still being powerless was very poignant. I hope this is a turn for her, and this 100% solidifies her turn against her original tribe. She isn't sticking with them once she joins the merge. And, if this power on Exile is something detrimental to her old tribe, I can see her screwing them over.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

I feel bad for Erika. Her description of essentially being on the winning tribe but still being powerless was very poignant. I hope this is a turn for her, and this 100% solidifies her turn against her original tribe. She isn't sticking with them once she joins the merge. And, if this power on Exile is something detrimental to her old tribe, I can see her screwing them over.

She looked mad lol. I can’t blame her, and I do think it should tell her exactly where she stands.  

Yeah, not so sure Erika is feeling so happy-go-lucky now.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1
Just now, vb68 said:

Erica will probably get some advantage.

Jeff outright said that the person going to Exile would get major power in the game. So she will.

I really don't get why Danny/Deshawn/Sydney seem to not like Erika. Them targeting her, specifically, makes it seem personal. I get it's a game, but just seeing Erika so dejected and seeing that she was so in tune to the actual reasons for her going to Exile, I feel like it's more than just game related reasons.

• Love 2

I gotta give Tiffany credit, she’s observant.  So if Xander had someone his idol for safekeeping, and Liana asked him for it, she wouldn’t get it, right?  Although it sounds like she wants to go after Naseer’s idol more.

2 minutes ago, Lamb18 said:

Nice, Shan, thanks for blabbing about Liana's advantage in front of Tiffany. 

But watch Liana ask Shan for her idol.

That would be hilarious.  

Edited by LadyChatts

I think kids are taught too much in Kindergarten about sharing and teamwork, and that's why everyone is sharing advantages and idols. Kindergarteners should be taught how to keep a secret and to hold tight to their own stuff and play cutthroat to win. That's the way to play Survivor!

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

This episode dragged knowing that no ones going home.  

Uh, Liana, I think Big Brother and the Cook-out stole your thunder with the all-black alliance.  Funny thing is, based on filming, these guys did it first.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • LOL 3
14 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

I really don't get why Danny/Deshawn/Sydney seem to not like Erika.

I think Danny's flip with her came when she floated the idea of getting rid of Sydney to him. He felt it showed how sneaky and untrustworthy but also smart, she is. Thereby making her a threat. I also think as they've watched the way things have played out with the other tribes, the idea of a woman's alliance emerging and taking them out has really played into their heads. 

• Love 2