Type keyword(s) to search

S21.E11: The Knockouts Premiere

• Start Topic

Ed Sheeran serves as Mega Mentor to all of the teams on the first night of the Knockouts. The coaches, who each have one steal, pair their artists to perform individually against a teammate, then select a winner to move on to the Live Playoffs.

Original airdate: 10/25/21

From the front, it looks like Arianna’s stylist/designer said “let’s attach matching sleeves and gloves to this turquoise bra!”

Edited by Frisky Wig
Added the gloves. Can’t forget those!
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

I don't know what it says about the episode itself, but my favorite part was that they credited Superstar to Delaney & Bonnie, rather than the Carpenters or Luther Vandross.  I love it when they give the originals their due (I also would've accepted Leon Russell).

• Love 3

Wow, the excitement for this show is really over the top isn't it? People can't even be bothered to comment anymore.  I'm too lazy to look up the ratings but if this board is any indication, people are either tuning out or only watching out of habit.  I have Hulu (not live) so I could watch the next day if I wanted to.  I've started waiting two or more days to even bother watching.

• Love 1

I'm kind of watching, but switching channels a lot.  I think one of the problems with the show is that there is way too much back story/sob story and very little actual singing.  Also, they don't show all contestants equally, just the ones the seem to have sob stories or are younger (probably trying to appeal to demographics that may not even watch the show).  And it seems like for some of the contestants they show their sob stories every single week (or at least every time they are featured in the episode).  I get it, I get it, the producers want to show that some of the contestants have dealt with severe issues, but the reality is that we have all had difficulties in our lives that we have had to face.

• Love 3

I have noticed one thing that stands out to me this season.  I wonder if it has to others.  It makes me wonder if they have a secret surprise in store.  There has been a lot of uproar about some dynamic deserving artists who went home. No one saved them and it was shocking. Then a judge would look forlorn and comment about what a tragedy it was.  So…..I’m wondering if they will have a surprise wildcard where one or three of those artists return and compete.  Didn’t they do that one year?  Recall, one of the cooking contest shows did it. Called Last Chance Kitchen or something.  Just thought this would be an interesting twist.  Not a bad idea.  The show needs some spicing up imo.  

4 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I have noticed one thing that stands out to me this season.  I wonder if it has to others.  It makes me wonder if they have a secret surprise in store.  There has been a lot of uproar about some dynamic deserving artists who went home. No one saved them and it was shocking. Then a judge would look forlorn and comment about what a tragedy it was.  So…..I’m wondering if they will have a surprise wildcard where one or three of those artists return and compete.  Didn’t they do that one year?  Recall, one of the cooking contest shows did it. Called Last Chance Kitchen or something.  Just thought this would be an interesting twist.  Not a bad idea.  The show needs some spicing up imo.  

It was actually announced at the end of Monday’s show that there would be a wildcard.  They showed the 4 candidates and the number to text to vote.

I was all set to dislike Ariana because her singing annoys me enough to switch stations when her songs are played, but I am very pleasantly surprised by her enthusiasm and commitment.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Koalagirl said:

It was actually announced at the end of Monday’s show that there would be a wildcard.  They showed the 4 candidates and the number to text to vote.

I was all set to dislike Ariana because her singing annoys me enough to switch stations when her songs are played, but I am very pleasantly surprised by her enthusiasm and commitment.

I’m laughing, because I did not see that! 🤣 Oh well….at least I read the signals right. Thanks.