Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E02: It's Not Just for Dog Shit

• Start Topic

A step up from the pilot, I thought.  I was pleasantly surprised the show didn't have the dad be so stupid as to not recognize which twin was which, and it was darkly twisted that he forced/is enforcing Alison being Lennon, to protect her yes, but also to punish her, at least on some level.

I was also surprised they bumped off one of the core group so quickly, though maybe not the cutest look in 2021 to kill off not one but two LGBTQ characters first.  And really, we had to throw in a teacher fucking a student plotline even here?

Also, this is so basic, but I really wish the killer was wielding a hook lol.  I mean, skip the fisherman slicker if you want, but c'mon man, bring in the hook!

So is that random weirdo Courtney Riley's mom or sister or something?  I was surprised to see them together presumably at home when Riley got the video of Johnny's murder.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3

"Lennon" is the worst driver in the world. It's only been two episodes and she's already smashed a mailbox, run over her sister, almost had a head-on collision, and narrowly missed hitting a dead goat because she was reading her texts. The killer doesn't need to off her; if she drives around enough she's gonna do that herself.

I liked Johnny in this episode, so of course he was the first to go. It's hard to care much about the fiancé considering we saw him for all of 10 seconds, but watching the LGBT characters get murdered first is a throwback, and not the good kind.

I liked Riley more this ep, too, so she'll probably be the next to go.

Margot is insufferable.

I don't understand the point of Courtney.

I will be positive and say that I liked how the dad immediately recognized which twin he was dealing with. The scene where he dictated Alison's letter was also very well done -- both the acting and the writing. I wish I could say the same for the rest of the show.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, Cranberry said:

"Lennon" is the worst driver in the world. It's only been two episodes and she's already smashed a mailbox, run over her sister, almost had a head-on collision, and narrowly missed hitting a dead goat because she was reading her texts. The killer doesn't need to off her; if she drives around enough she's gonna do that herself.

This reminded me, they did mention in the pilot that Alison had failed her driver's test.  But yeah, if you previously ran over your sister, maybe get a wireless headset for when you're in the car?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • LOL 1
On 10/16/2021 at 2:12 PM, TeeVee329 said:

This reminded me, they did mention in the pilot that Alison had failed her driver's test.  But yeah, if you previously ran over your sister, maybe get a wireless headset for when you're in the car?

Damn Lennison, if a killer on the loose won't get you, your driving will! 

Sad to see Johnny go. I liked him the best out of the friend group. Horror films don't have a great track record with minorities, and it's not a great look to kill off the queer characters first. I am glad that I don't have to watch the show try to romanticize a relationship between a teenager and his high school coach. I cringed enough during the entirety of Aria and Ezra's gross-ship on PLL to have to sit through it again on another show about terrorized teens.

Weird headless goat lady definitely smells like patchouli, but she's also too obvious to be the killer. Maybe, she's just a New Age troll? 

I'm so far impressed by the actress that plays Lennon and Alison. She does a really subtle job differentiating between their two mannerisms.

I guess the police officer likes her coffee leaded, and her sex rough in the store room. I guess everyone has a kink.

What's up with Mongoose Queen, Courtney? What a white trash weirdo of a character. I'd have been a whole lot angrier than Hot Dad was about the smashed window and flying rodent situation. 

• Love 1

Hot Dad and the cop fighting and fucking had me rolling. It was so stupid lol. Also, is Hot Dad the mayor or something? What is this budget they were talking about?

Yikes at a coach/student relationship and killing off the 2 lgbt+ characters first. They’re really going old school lol.

I feel like none of these people are likable and they don’t behave like real human beings at all. Are we supposed to think they’re all sociopaths?

I’ve been wondering who Courtney is and I guess since her and Riley were together at the end that she’s Riley’s mom. She’s around a lot for what seems like a pointless character. Maybe she’s the killer.

• Love 1

Yikes. What the hell? First of all, how incestuous is this central family? The twin looked hot for each other, then Lennison pulled her shorts down and slashed her crotch while her dad stood there watching. It's all so creepy. Also doesn't seem like he or Alison ever liked Lennon very much since neither of them seem to have a shred of grief. And after all that in the first episode with Alison struggling to connect with people and Lennon having a tight-knit group of affectionate friends, somehow Alison can just jump into Lennon's personality completely effortlessly! 

This story worked when the gang had a secret that affected them each in different ways but didn't involve one of them, you know, killing her own twin sister. In these group scenes the attitude was that she was being dramatic somehow. They should be confused as to why she's not upset. About KILLING HER TWIN SISTER. The show really seems to think that the switcheroo explains away everyone else's bizarre underreactions, but it doesn't at all!!

On 10/16/2021 at 12:44 AM, TeeVee329 said:

I was also surprised they bumped off one of the core group so quickly, though maybe not the cutest look in 2021 to kill off not one but two LGBTQ characters first.  And really, we had to throw in a teacher fucking a student plotline even here?

On 10/19/2021 at 1:16 AM, ZeeEnnui said:

Damn Lennison, if a killer on the loose won't get you, your driving will! 

Sad to see Johnny go. I liked him the best out of the friend group. Horror films don't have a great track record with minorities, and it's not a great look to kill off the queer characters first. I am glad that I don't have to watch the show try to romanticize a relationship between a teenager and his high school coach. I cringed enough during the entirety of Aria and Ezra's gross-ship on PLL to have to sit through it again on another show about terrorized teens.

On 10/19/2021 at 2:57 PM, peachmangosteen said:

Yikes at a coach/student relationship and killing off the 2 lgbt+ characters first. They’re really going old school lol.

All of this! So many checked boxes. Hey, they killed off the queer person of color first, shocker! And toss it a little hot statutory-rape-turns-to-love story and it's hard to understand why this isn't on Freeform!

The actress playing the twins is clearly not a smoker. Good for her, but uncomfortable for those of us watching!

I wish I were a user of some mind-altering substance, I already feel like I'm on something watching this show, seems like it'd be the best way to binge it! Instead I'll just foolishly force myself to watch all the way through, unenhanced.

• LOL 1
On 10/16/2021 at 12:44 AM, TeeVee329 said:

A step up from the pilot, I thought.  I was pleasantly surprised the show didn't have the dad be so stupid as to not recognize which twin was which, and it was darkly twisted that he forced/is enforcing Alison being Lennon, to protect her yes, but also to punish her, at least on some level.

Also, this is so basic, but I really wish the killer was wielding a hook lol.  I mean, skip the fisherman slicker if you want, but c'mon man, bring in the hook!

So is that random weirdo Courtney Riley's mom or sister or something?  I was surprised to see them together presumably at home when Riley got the video of Johnny's murder.

RE: the bolded part of your post 

I looked at it more like they were killed for having the inappropriate teacher/student relationship, LGBTQ+ or not.  I don’t think that a teacher/student relationship should be condoned, and I assumed they (the writers) were making a statement that they do not either, so that couple got killed first.  I haven’t watched beyond this episode yet, but I felt like they were implying lesbian vibes with the real Lennon and her friend Riley, in the first episode, so they probably figured they still had LGBTQ+ represented by that pairing also, so it wouldn’t be hated on if they killed off the coach and his boyfriend (their other LGBTQ+ representatives) first, for breaking the teacher/student rules.  Just my interpretation, no disrespect to your opinions at all.  I do agree with you that it was a risky decision.

Edited by Miss Bones
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

I didn't even realize they went with the trope of killing the gay characters first. I was more upset about Johnny dying because he seemed like the only likable one. Couldn't they have killed Margot first? She's so annoying. Riley isn't much better. 

I'm still liking hot dad

• Love 2