Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E04: To A Different Day

• Start Topic

I think it’s worse that Micah’s professor has sex with her students just to have sex with them than if she actually liked them. Like, girl, buy a vibrator or get on Tinder and don’t troll your classes for dick.

Ralph Angel. When your wife finds a pile of money and you are broke, you take the money. Hell, even if you aren’t broke! You don’t have to go into all the farm stuff - just say it’s for the new baby. His macho pride is ridiculous. Based on the preview, he, a felon who already missed like half his first child’s life, would rather risk going back to jail & missing his second child’s birth and who knows what else than take FREE MONEY. It’s just sitting there! That’s just dumb, I’m sorry.

Watching Hollywood fishing with Gabriel (which is one of my favorite boy’s names!) was so sweet. Hollywood is such a good man.

I meditate every morning. When my father passed, I started some new habits and one of them was meditation. I found a great meditation on grief through an app, and now I do all kinds of meditation. I like that they’re exploring mental health with Micah.

Prosper has a crush! I LOVE IT. This show does small moments of joy so well. His “wait a minute now!” face when he saw the nurse’s face was priceless.

Edited by Empress1
  • Love 11

Charlie's sappy love message to Davis was too much. Who talks like that in real life? I dislike this relationship as much as I disliked Nova and Calvin's. Now, Prosper and the nurse-I'm here for it!

You would think RA would be mighty upset with Nova again. It's because of her his land is being torn apart. I wanted to see him tear in to her but it looks like she's getting a pass again. 

• Love 9

I am so sick of Nova's sanctimonious behavior and her constantly getting a pass for her actions.

Its making me tired and starting to dislike this show that I have loved.  Why are they going to put poor Ralph Angel thru the mill again?   

I think they might have just run out of good ideas. 

• Love 7

I have been waiting for the cops to show up to investigate Nova's crazy story about her dad killing someone since we heard it, so while this is clearly retaliation against Nova, I am just going to go ahead and call this Nova's fault. At least RA remembers that her book was bullshit, even if he clearly should have told Nova to go fuck herself when she was going on about it being "speculation" and "metaphor" fuck Nova and her metaphors, RA's land being destroyed is not a metaphor. I continue to hate how everyone continues to give her a pass for her horrible actions. 

If Micha's professor doesn't want college kids to show up in her office like they're something to each other, maybe she shouldn't be banging them? She's sleeping with kids not old enough to legally drink, then gets pissy when they act immature? What a creep she is, I hope that Micah is done with her. 

Hollywood fishing with little Gabriel was so sweet, especially as the kid has probably not had very many good male figures in his life. And looks like Mr. Propser has a crush! Now this is a love story that I can get behind, unlike the cringy reconciliation between Davis and Charlie and the awkward flirtations between Nova and her neighbor.

• Love 6

I watch this show on Amazon so I don't get ads which means the segue from Prosper and the nurse's duet to Micah laid out on his bed all emo because he got dumped was comedy gold.

However the segue from Micah's meditation to Nova smoking weed felt right. Perhaps because I was doing one of those things while watching the show.

The scenes of Hollywood and Gabriel fishing were beautiful and I mean that in the visual sense. All that Black skin popping against the greenery of the nature around them was just so gorgeous. I suddenly was my 12-year-old self back at Girl Scout camp.

Nova's book is still screwing up folks lives. Damn her.

Darla, hon just take the money and deal with the fallout later.

Edited by marceline
  • Love 5
On 9/28/2021 at 9:14 PM, Empress1 said:

Ralph Angel. When your wife finds a pile of money and you are broke, you take the money. Hell, even if you aren’t broke! You don’t have to go into all the farm stuff - just say it’s for the new baby. His macho pride is ridiculous. Based on the preview, he, a felon who already missed like half his first child’s life, would rather risk going back to jail & missing his second child’s birth and who knows what else than take FREE MONEY. It’s just sitting there! That’s just dumb, I’m sorry.

Yep. I understand that pride is a powerful thing. But if your choices are eating some shit via your in-laws and going back to prison while you have a baby on the way? You swallow your pride. It's hard to be sympathetic if this is the choice he makes when there is money available.

On 9/30/2021 at 12:27 PM, tennisgurl said:

If Micha's professor doesn't want college kids to show up in her office like they're something to each other, maybe she shouldn't be banging them? She's sleeping with kids not old enough to legally drink, then gets pissy when they act immature? What a creep she is, I hope that Micah is done with her. 

I hope there's more story there, I don't want a predator like that to just go unchecked by the show, especially after the story about Billie at 18.

• Love 3

Well that was an unexpected blast from the past. I thought Nova had realized she was mistaken about her father. Did she not disavow it publicly?

They're really doing a slow burn on Nova and that young guy. He may have a girlfriend but  Nova's already proven she's okay with being the sidepiece. 😏

I liked Gayle's red shoes and I'm impressed she still wears heels like that.

Aren't there negative tax implications of pulling out funds legally set aside for college if they're not used for college expenses?

Lol, Prosper immediately fell in love with that home health aide. Good for him. Wonder if his daughter deliberately set that up?

TMW the boytoy doesn't want to stay in his lane. I see potential trouble for that professor if Micah gets stuck in his feels and goes to the university administration about her.

Ehhh, ditto comments upthread, I'm not enjoying all this schmoopiness between Charley and Davis either. For sure he's going to cheat on her and put her political ascension in jeopardy.

Oh please, those bones could've been there for centuries. Or recently planted. Either way, that excavation is some utter b.s. and it'll largely be Nova's fault if RA loses the land over it. Not that she'd  care. 🤨

• Love 1