Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E10: The Turducken of Golf

JTMacc99
  • Start Topic

Finalists face off on three of the course's most popular holes; the round one winners battle it out in the second knockout round, where one is eliminated; the final two champions face off on the longest extreme mini-golf hole ever created.

This is the season finale.     Next week is the new season of Station 19, and Grey's Anatomy.    

Stephen Curry goes back to the NBA, not Pro Holey Moley (several accountants told him it was a sure way to bankruptcy).  

On Hole #2 (porta potties), the Zamboni driver (Jack Bennett) was nailed by Santa (3rd from the end) on Hole #2, the blackjack dealer (Cindy Woo) made almost to the end, and the Rugby player (Rachel Lentsch) runs past the porta potties.    Rachel Lentsch wins the hole, and into the finale. 

The next group to The Pecker, first Tyler Gattoni falls off the pecker,  David Biggy puts on his goggles, and misses the pecker,  and Todd Engel (he made it over the pinball flippers) the Animal Whisperer, slides off the Pecker.  The winner, and final threesome qualifier is: Tyler Gutoni  

(Rob says the woodpecker hole is frost covered, and he's right). 

The last group to Corn Hole with Jose Alvarez, Grounds keeper of Mini Golf, gets nailed by the popping corn kernals, Ben Rogers from Australia, he makes it past the corn kernels, and Blake Sledge from Denver gets popped by the corn kernels.     All three are very close to the hole, but the winner is: Jose Alvarez.

It is between Jose Alvarez, Rachel Lynch and Tyler Gattoni on the Fishing Hole.  Sponsored by Take Me Fishing . org.   

I love that they have to get past the giant fish.    Jose goes first, and gets nailed by the fish, so much for Rob's Start Stop method, Rachel Lentsch get nailed by the fish, Tyler Guttoni gets by the fish with Rob's Start-Stop method.  

The finalists are: Tyler Gattoni in the final, with Rachel and Jose fight to go against Tyler.    Second finalist is Rachel Lentsch.

The last hole is: ParfishDutch, 300 ft long, with the giant pinball machine Lumberjack with Uranus, bobbing fish, and Dutch Courage en Fuego.  

Tyler is holding on to the flipper, and getting repeatedly dunked, and goes into the drink,   Rachel gets Uranus, but then the flippers where she missed the second flipper by a lot.   Then, they hit through the fish hole.    Rachel gets nailed by the first fish, and Tyler hits the ball, and it bounces off of a fish.    Tyler vs. the fish, toss him in the water.   

Their strokes add up through the three holes.   

Then, on to the Dutch Courage en Fuego.   Tyler gets dunked by the blades.   Rachel gets through both windmills, and they're tied at 7.   

The winner of Season 3 is:  Rachel. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 2

Hell yeah! That was the result I wanted, so that was good.

I love this show, but I will say I'm glad the season's over (and it seems like Rob and Joe feel the same XD). It's such a summer vibe show, and having the finale so late was infringing on my autumn feels.

I liked all 9 of the finalists so this was a great episode. We got pecker and Uranus jokes. There were epic falls and obstacles overcome. Don't think there were any holes that they didn't include that I missed. So much better than tomb of Nefertiti and a much more satisfying winner. I might have to watch college football to get my Joe T fix. 

• Love 4

Two ducking duck holes in the same episode? Two women in the finals, and they were in the same first round heat? The best I can offer: It was better than Nefertiti. They’ve already filmed S4, so they won’t have known how S3 was received and be able to retool. If S4 is more of the same, I can’t see myself watching it. To quote the worst bride ever from “Four Weddings”, this was blan. B-L-A-N blan.

• Love 1

Yeah, if there were only going to be two women in the final, I'm glad that one of them was the final winner. I was really pulling for Jose because he was just such a great guy, not seeming to play a character. But once he was out, I was ready for Rachel to take Tyler down! Way better than the worst guy winning last year!

But yeah, having this show start in June and not finish until September really does it a disservice. I had completely forgotten about half of the contestants (even BLAKE SLEDGE!) by the time we got here. I know there were Olympics or whatever, but they gotta run this show straight through, 10 weeks in the meat of the summer.

• Love 4

It was a good finale and I liked the last hole. Made it feel more like a super-sized minigolf. Good battle too at the end.

My problem was the reusing of holes and similar holes in same episode. Cornhole and #2 are basically the same. Then reusing the fishing hole right after doing it. There were so many other holes they could have used to add variety. Guess they were already breaking down or retooling the other holes for season 4.

We noticed the 2 women competing against each other seemed odd. My take is that the pairings were random or they thought putting 2 together would up the odds of getting a woman in the final 3. In the end it worked out.

Lots of choking from some really good putters. That 2 foot miss will haunt that guy for life. 

Bring on Season 4!

• Love 5

I was rooting for the guy in the cool pants. Jose? I don't remember the woman winner from the season, not that that means anything. For some reason, i wanted the guy to win. But in all, a fun season although the finale did seem sort of a let down. Maybe I was just tired but it seemed Joe and Rob were kinda out of steam. I still think this a fun show and I'll be back next season. Rooting for Holey Moley to go Pro!

• Love 2

Did anyone else notice that besides the whole “Where is Stephen Curry?” open and the joke press conference, they didn’t mention him in relation to season 4?  It all makes me wonder if they’ll go solo without him or if they’ll replace him.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, DaWezl said:

Did anyone else notice that besides the whole “Where is Stephen Curry?” open and the joke press conference, they didn’t mention him in relation to season 4?  It all makes me wonder if they’ll go solo without him or if they’ll replace him.

I sure hope so. His involvement got less and less interesting. All of the press conference stuff was so forced and cringy. At least in the first season they had him be part of a hole.

Speaking of which, I hope they bring back pirate Jon Lovitz. 

• Love 5
12 hours ago, lynxfx said:

I sure hope so. His involvement got less and less interesting. All of the press conference stuff was so forced and cringy. At least in the first season they had him be part of a hole.

Speaking of which, I hope they bring back pirate Jon Lovitz. 

Fact. The jokes are funny once, maybe twice, and then it’s 9 more episodes of Uranus jokes.

4 hours ago, Quickbeam said:

I really love when Riggle brings out his Marine-isms like NAFOD (no appropriate fear of death). He has layers! But buffoon Riggle always makes me laugh.

I looked that up when he said it. I’d never thought something like that would ever happen, but it rang true. Turns out, it is! I guess it’s dangerous for the other troops if someone isn’t worried about getting killed. Makes sense, but man.

• Love 2