Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E03: Forgive Us Our Trespasses

Pallas
  • Start Topic

Wow... this show seems to not be very popular. I understand why. Although it has great actors, the story is dull. I don't even care who killed Pete. But, does this take place in the past? The soundtrack has mostly songs from decades ago. 

• Love 2

But, does this take place in the past? The soundtrack has mostly songs from decades ago. 

The novel was published in 2009.  The "Hillary maybe running for president" scene from The Mill puts it in either 2007-08 or 2015-16.   I'll have to rewatch some scenes and pay attention to whether most of the characters have iPhones (which only came out in 2007)  or flip  phones!

• Love 2

All I can remember from this episode was what seemed like 5 minutes of Billy’s ass moving up & down. Yeah, we get it, they’re fucking. Again  😕
The rich daughter, whatever her name is, is she a gold digger because it’s sickening  how easily she can cheat on her husband?   Can’t stand Issac. He really has no street smarts either. Do we all believe it’s obvious he did it, unless they are leading up to some weird twist? 

• Love 5

I'm very worried about Issac, the small-town homophobia and dire poverty he's lived with have clearly made him so depressed he's self-destructing, he's had no one looking out for him for a long time, and it's really very convenient that Billy decided he was the one who should leave town a guilty wreck and steal from his sister (since after all that would bring her back to town for Billy so they can sleep together; he never gave a damn about her or Isaac) even though I'm sure Billy played the more active role in killing that loser cop. 

• Love 3
On 9/28/2021 at 7:19 AM, chediavolo said:

Can’t stand Issac. He really has no street smarts either. Do we all believe it’s obvious he did it, unless they are leading up to some weird twist? 

IDK? they've shown us :

Billy saying I want to talk to him (Novik)

Sheriff Dell removing the jacket that bore Billy's football number, 51 from the crime scene

Sheriff Dell telling Billy  to replace the size / brand of athletic shoe he wears and ditch the old ones

Billy saying to Isaac "what story?  we were never there"

and the anonymous phone witness providing his(Billy's)  full name name

...but if things are as they seem, it's not going to be much of a series. I feel ep 3 didn't move the story along at all. Except     Isaac and Lee's father might finally get that nurse/caregiver.

• Love 2

I'm still not feeling that there is anybody in this show that I can root for other than maybe, possibly, Grace and Dell, and that's even stretching it. 

Billy is one of these losers who is going to find trouble (or trouble find him) no matter what.   Does it bother him that his ex-girlfriend is now married with a much better life than he can give her?   Nope.   Anybody want to bet that she's going to wind up pregnant by him?   And for a newly married woman, she doesn't seem to love her husband all that much.   The allure of an old flame is understandable but it doesn't mean that you actually have to act on it.    Especially when it might totally fuck up the very nice life you now have after escaping that hell hole pit of a town.  

Dell's revelation.  Looks like his guilt is playing out by him moving to this ring of PA Hell.   Yeah, ok, so you want to escape your evil fellow cops in Pittsburgh but you come to this place.... because?    And frankly, the writers should have come up with a better crime than bringing a child molester to vigilante justice.   I'm not saying that murdering the molester was the right thing to do, but police do things of the everyday more mundane variety like planting evidence on innocent people or the type of things that brought about the BLM movement.  

I dunno.  Mare of Easttown was engaging tv - this is a slog.  I'll keep watching to see it through, but it's not a show I'd recommend to anybody.

• Love 5

I love Jeff Daniels in almost anything he does, but even he can't help this.

Could they make this anymore of a back woods, hick town?  The way they're writing this, I'm surprised they don't have them sitting by lantern light, getting water from a pump in the kitchen and using the out house.

I had high hopes, but they've been dashed.

And on a very shallow note, what has Maura Tierney done to her lovely face?

• Love 6
1 hour ago, LegalParrot81 said:

Could they make this anymore of a back woods, hick town?  The way they're writing this, I'm surprised they don't have them sitting by lantern light, getting water from a pump in the kitchen and using the out house.

Yeah they could.  We could be hearing "Dueling Banjos" as the background music. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
On 9/27/2021 at 6:00 AM, The Wild Sow said:

The novel was published in 2009.  The "Hillary maybe running for president" scene from The Mill puts it in either 2007-08 or 2015-16.   I'll have to rewatch some scenes and pay attention to whether most of the characters have iPhones (which only came out in 2007)  or flip  phones!

iPhones.  Which not everyone in that socioeconomic group would have had in the first year or 2 they existed. So it’s 2015-16.

• Love 1