Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E05: Rainbow

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

I loved Higgin's story about how he met his wife, and how he and his wife looked at each other when they got to the stadium.  It was so sweet.

Also, the image of Higgin playing upright bass a la air guitar was hilarious.

The only part of the episode I didn't like was the breaking the 4th wall couple.  I know it was a homage to When Harry met Sally, but it was still s little jarring.

• Love 8
On 9/23/2021 at 1:42 PM, KittenPokerCheater said:

The only part of the episode I didn't like was the breaking the 4th wall couple

Damm, I missed it. Not even sure which couple to look for.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, A.Ham said:

Damm, I missed it. Not even sure which couple to look for.

It was the “When Harry Met Sally” couple who described how they met when he snuck into the match and sat in her family’s section. They’re suing the people who wrote “Titanic” for stealing their story.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Kiddvideo said:

It was the “When Harry Met Sally” couple who described how they met when he snuck into the match and sat in her family’s section. They’re suing the people who wrote “Titanic” for stealing their story.

Thank you!

• Love 2

This show has to be the best at callbacks; I'd love a thread of just those! But, I was rewatching "Rainbow" the other night to cheer myself up, and I had remembered that it's the episode in which Ted finally gets to tell Beard the punchline of his "British Owl" joke that he tried telling Beard and Nate in S1 and they wanted no part of because they were mad that Ted didn't want to bench Roy. But that same conversation is also when Ted tells Beard that he thinks it shouldn't take longer than the length of "Easy Lover" to get dressed, which sets up his getting dressed before Rebecca's father's funeral. (Call-forward?)

Edited by Turtle Wexler
Finishing a thought.
  • Like 1
  • Love 8

I love the subtle reference to You've Got Mail, with the way Sam and Rebecca are communicating with each other (while it's still anonymous).  No photos, no personal info, and Sam's screen name is LDN152, as Tom Hanks's was NY152, and for both of them, it was the number in their addresses.

• Like 1
  • Love 8

OMG I adored this (though now spoiled alas for some future stuff) but I thought this episode with its rom communism and callouts to Jerry McGuire and  Notting Hill and when Harry Met Sally and Love,Actually was beautiful and I teared up when he was running with the SHES A RAINBOW playing z and then the crowd did his cheer. Roy Kent Roy Kent he here he’s there he’s every fucking where.

i have to go.. what was that from?

• Love 3
On 8/21/2022 at 9:24 PM, lucindabelle said:

OMG I adored this (though now spoiled alas for some future stuff) but I thought this episode with its rom communism and callouts to Jerry McGuire and  Notting Hill and when Harry Met Sally and Love,Actually was beautiful and I teared up when he was running with the SHES A RAINBOW playing z and then the crowd did his cheer. Roy Kent Roy Kent he here he’s there he’s every fucking where.

i have to go.. what was that from?

I think it was from Sleepless in Seattle, when Meg Ryan’s character tells her fiancé all about Tom Hanks’ character, and how she was supposed to meet him. Then, she looks out the window, and sees the windows lit up like hearts in the Empire State Building, and says she has to go.

• Love 2