Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E09: Drag Tots

• Start Topic

The All Stars turn themselves into magical characters fit for the hit animated series, Drag Tots. Guest Judge Charli XCX stops by for this fierce foray into fantasy and fun.

Wow! I really did not enjoy this episode. I just found it boring for some reason. Maybe I just didn't understand the challenge but none of the girls looked like live-action animated characters. I guess I was expecting more cartoony makeup and costumes. And I don't get how the judges struggled to find something negative to say; to me they were all meh. Quick thoughts:

• TKB looked like a Halloween Furry (and not in a good way)
  • Ginger was...Ginger.
  • Ra'Jah looked like...Ra'Jah. It was like Diana Ross ate Violet Bouregards magic gum
  • Kylie was the Wicked Witch rolled in glitter and bland
  • Eureka was actually the coolest outfit, although again not cartoony or drag tot

I also worry that the dragged out (no pun intended) game within a game will be some stupid lip sync challenge with one eliminated player coming back into the game. I'm ready for this season to be over. I like all the queens and won't really be upset at whoever wins at this point.

• Love 6

Wow, I have no interest in ever watching drag tots, and I resent that this episode was one big commercial for it.  I thought Ginger's character sucked, and her outfit was too plain, even though of course it got praised by the judges.    Kylie's look reminded me way too much of Kyrsten Sinema.  Trinity's furry was a lot, but if the point was to be cartoonish she nailed it? Rajah's was blah.   This episode took a whole hour to reach the most forgone, obvious conclusion in the world; that Eureka's out.  Except next week is some lip-sync contest where an eliminated queen will get a chance to come back and be included in the finale?

• Love 3

I also thought this episode was boring, but I don't understand what Drag Tots is supposed to be and I blame that. Is it subversive adult humor (what are you subverting locked to an LGBT targeting paid app?)? Is it a kids show where the characters need to learn lessons about being fierce or whatever to teach the audience? It sure didn't seem to be about being funny or entertaining.

I tried a few minutes of Drag Tots to try and clarify. I don't recommend it, but it just seemed to be terrible animation and famous lines from drag race. Plus a Ru song, I think. 

Huh, I think it's clear now. They really don't think much of the audience. That's fair, probably. I consume all this stuff regardless of quality, probably will for another season or so. 

• Love 1

Yeah this episode was a bit all over the place and hard to judge that challenge. 

I think we have 3 more episodes to go. (2 extra episodes for All Stars 6 and S13 due to the cancellation of Celebrity Drag Race this year). Hopefully this lipsync battle is as thrilling as LalaParuza in All Stars 4.

This was the most boring episode in the whole season (and that's saying a lot, 'cause the other ones were certainly not peak TV entertainment). I don't know what Drag Tots is, the animations were awful and I thought it was too close to being simply a drag version of the Powerpuff Girls (which I was never a fan of to begin with) to find it even remotely interesting. Plus, I didn't understand what the challenge was (were they supposed to be superheroes? Cartoon characters? Because none of them looked like either.)

Eureka looked like Olenna Tyrell from Game of Thrones, but not nearly as funny. Nonetheless, I don't think she should've been the one going home, because that's Kylie, and I've been saying this since the get go. She doesn't seem like she belongs on this show, I don't know how to explain it but it's like, she's not "silly" enough. Maybe it's her voice, she always sounds so professional.

I think Ra'jah didn't put any effort on that lip sync on purpose. She basically just walked up and down the stage. I guess she didn't want to have the responsibility of sending a queen home and the cash prize wasn't enticing enough. I'm curious to see who she had chosen next week.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, stormy weather said:

I think Ra'jah didn't put any effort on that lip sync on purpose.

Apparently she said on social media (instagram?) that "sometimes we just don't vibe with a song (no shade)" and that she hadn't expected to be lip syncing and so hadn't prepared enough. (There was a screenshot of her post about this on reddit.) Makes sense to me. It's not as though she could hide who she voted for forever anyway, so why throw away a chance at the cash? 

Edited by akr
7 hours ago, Wonderlad71 said:

I think we have 3 more episodes to go. (2 extra episodes for All Stars 6 and S13 due to the cancellation of Celebrity Drag Race this year). Hopefully this lipsync battle is as thrilling as LalaParuza in All Stars 4.

Aww, I loved Celebrity Drag Race! Is it gone forever or just due to covid? 

Man, reading all these threads, it turns out I'm actually not disappointed about missing this season. If it ever does turn up on cable, I might not even bother. Ru needs to get it together.

1 hour ago, Ananayel said:

Man, reading all these threads, it turns out I'm actually not disappointed about missing this season. If it ever does turn up on cable, I might not even bother. Ru needs to get it together.

I've actually quite enjoyed it, even though there's plenty to pick apart (and I will never watch Drag Tots). The formula may be getting old, but the queens are easy to root for and I've enjoyed the camaraderie among this particular group. I'm also glad that, at least so far, they've been voting based on perceived merit rather than trying to get rid of their biggest competition. Maybe at this point they worry that it will turn the fandom against them. 

I suppose it helped that I had very low expectations, and that I never watch anything without also doing something else - checking email or news or such - so I can tune it out when there's just too much filler. But mostly, there are just a bunch of them who I didn't remember very well and have enjoyed getting to know again.  

• Love 2
8 hours ago, stormy weather said:

I think Ra'jah didn't put any effort on that lip sync on purpose. She basically just walked up and down the stage. I guess she didn't want to have the responsibility of sending a queen home and the cash prize wasn't enticing enough. I'm curious to see who she had chosen next week.

No effort at all.

I've read all the spoilers about the game within a game, and its dumb. The whole season is a farce.

I had no idea Drag Tots was real until this episode. Must be for diehard RPDR fans? I like animated series but yeah, nope.

Eureka's sashaying away was not surprising. I'll catch her again on We're Here, which I love. I like Rajah but wasn't super impressed with her runway. I wasn't impressed with any of their runways, actually. 

So two more episodes left?