Type keyword(s) to search

Interview with the Vampire Media

• Start Topic

i notice the trailer is very careful not to show you Lestat at all beyond the painting on the wall, which is probably a good choice. Still really not sold on the casting for Armand, but I'm trying to reserve a certain amount of judgement until we see how it shakes out. The actor wasn't really playing Armand as we know him throughout the first season and he never got to play off Lestat at all.

• Like 1

The trailer is interesting (the 1940's version of Theater Des Vampires!) and Madeline (if she is the woman lying in front of Claudia and nodding) looks just like she did in the books. 

• Like 1
On 7/20/2023 at 1:23 PM, Superclam said:

Assuming the strike is settled, of course. 

Is that supposed to be Louis in the suit? 

Given that writing and filming is complete, even if the strike isn’t settled are they still allowed to go ahead with airing? I would assume so- but I’m not knowledgeable on the contract terms with the unions. 

On 7/21/2023 at 6:03 PM, AngieBee1 said:

Very cool. 

I really enjoyed season 1 and am looking forward to season 2. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Scarlett45 said:

Given that writing and filming is complete, even if the strike isn’t settled are they still allowed to go ahead with airing? I would assume so- but I’m not knowledgeable on the contract terms with the unions. 

I assume they can show stuff that's already finished since they are now airing new seasons of shows like The Wonder Years and Miracle Workers, and new movies are still coming out. I think they just can't do new interviews to promote it?

• Like 1
Just now, Snow Apple said:

I assume they can show stuff that's already finished since they are now airing new seasons of shows like The Wonder Years and Miracle Workers, and new movies are still coming out. I think they just can't do new interviews to promote it?

That’s what I assumed as well. 

• Like 1

Yeah, I assume the shows are written, acted and presumably paid for, so they're ok. They just can't do new stuff. I imagine the strike will affect the next year or two of shows, even if it's settled soon. 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

They can air completed things but the actors can't promote those projects while the strike is ongoing. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
(edited)

The production was shut down. They didn't stop filming because it completed, they stopped filming because SAG-AFTRA members cannot work if the collective bargaining agreement they are working under is the contract in conflict. Which is why Eric Bogosian left Prague and returned to NYC and joined the picket line.

It's highly unlikely AMC would release the season in parts. Also, writing is an ongoing process. Things can change on the day, so while they have completed scripts they may likely change things while filming. 

Edited by AngieBee1
  • Like 2

Promotion is planned well in advance and likely, as the SAG-AFTRA members have not had a strike since 2000 (and even then that was only for the Commercials Code, not the TV or Theatrical agreement), I'm sure many doubted they would actually strike this time. 

Rollin Jones was intending to not pause production while the WGA strike, even though that meant he couldn't have any hand in the writing while filming was underway. But once the actors struck, they had to shut down. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
3 hours ago, Superclam said:

I have to wonder why AMC released the promotional material.

The promotional material was made for San Diego Comic-Con 2023, where they wanted to promote a number of AMC properties.

• Useful 1

Posting also in The Walking Dead forums:

‘The Walking Dead’ Spinoffs & ‘Interview With The Vampire’ To Resume Production As AMC Networks Strikes Significant Agreements With SAG-AFTRA

The Walking Dead spinoffs Daryl Dixon and The Ones Who Live and Interview with the Vampire are set to resume production after AMC Networks struck agreements with SAG-AFTRA.

The three shows are part of interim agreements with thebroadcaster that will allow filming to resume on the three high-profile series.

Deadline understands that Interview with the Vampire will resume filming its second season in Prague, while The Walking Dead: Daryl Dixon will film its second season in Europe. The Walking Dead: The Ones Who Live, which stars Andrew Lincoln and Danai Gurira reprising their roles as Rick and Michonne, has work left to do in post-production including ADR.

AMC Networks CEO Kristin Dolan said earlier this month that the writers and actors strikes wouldn’t begin to threaten the company’s programming supply until “well into 2024.”

• Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 1
19 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Thanks for sharing @nodorothyparker- someone who knows more about this than I do- do you think other networks will follow suit?

That's the big question.  One reason I've read that the strike is lasting so long this time is that the AMTP is made up of more disparate types of businesses than in the past.  You have your tech bro companies (Netflix, Apple and maybe Amazon).  You have your companies for whom production is just a mere drop in the bucket overall of their businesses (Disney, Apple, Amazon...etc.)  And then you have your more traditional production companies like Sony.  If it were just the more traditional production companies, a deal probably would have been made or close to being made. 

But it's the influence of Wall Street in some of these other companies and their other businesses that help keep the entertainment side afloat that are causing issues.

I've seen some spec that some of these production companies, like Sony (affiliated with AMC) might give up doing the AMTP thing and develop side hustles with the guilds directly.

• Like 1
On 10/28/2023 at 3:56 PM, Iguessnot said:

The new actress that is now playing Claudia gives no illusion of being a teen.

I agree. 

On 10/14/2023 at 6:44 AM, nodorothyparker said:

It feels like a very deliberate choice not to show us Lestat at all in any these previews, considering where they left the character at season's end. You notice this version of Armand threw Lestat's name out there to gauge Louis's reaction to it. 

I think so too. Jacob Anderson is so talented, I felt the tension coming through the screen. 

I have to admit, I'm in love with Sam Reid and I think he's fantastic as Lestat, so if it's gonna be a while before he gets back I may have to fast forward some scenes. If I remember correctly, if this season is just the second half of Book 1, he probably wouldn't be in it that much.

However, if they ever do get around to The Vampire Lestat, than he should be taking center stage again. Although I do wonder how they will change it, because he kinda becomes the main character of the series after Book 1, and Louis is relegated to very supporting status, almost a background character at times. Doesn't seem like this show would want to go that route, but they'd have to change quite a lot if they don't.

• Like 2