Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E01: Diplos

• Start Topic

15 hours ago, Swartz said:

The first episode is free to stream on Peacock.  So far so good.   i really enjoyed it

Isn’t the whole series on Peacock?

I forgot why I never finished the podcast, back injury/surgery scares the crap out of me. Made it through the first ep will see if I can handle it.

• Love 3

It seemed like there was quite a bit of hopping from one thing to the next and jumping timelines at first.  I had a little bit of a hard time with that.  Also, the surgery part is so much harder to actually watch than just listen to on a podcast!  But I'm enjoying it so far and look forward to watching more episodes.

Maybe I'm not remembering correctly but I thought with the podcast, you kind of came to the conclusion by yourself to question whether he was intentionally doing harm or he simply had no idea how to even do surgery.  With the show, they are coming right out and questioning it from the start.  

Great cast - lots of eye candy!  Love me some Joshua Jackson and Alec looks good with his distinguished gray hair.  

• Love 4

I think listening to the podcast first helps, so if you haven’t, maybe do that since it helps with the time jumping. They changed the parents names I noticed but not some others like Drs Henderson and Kirby. My husband doesn’t like podcasts so he hasn’t listened to it so it took him a bit to catch on. He’s had two neck fusions before he was 35 so this hits a bit close to home. We’re enjoying it. 

Christian Slater seems to be having a career rebirth of taking on TV adaptions of popular podcasts.  

• Love 2
On 7/16/2021 at 12:05 PM, Kiki620 said:

Also, the surgery part is so much harder to actually watch than just listen to on a podcast! 

Yes, don't make the mistake I did and try to eat while you watch. 😁

• Love 1
On 7/16/2021 at 11:05 AM, Kiki620 said:

It seemed like there was quite a bit of hopping from one thing to the next and jumping timelines at first.  I had a little bit of a hard time with that.  Also, the surgery part is so much harder to actually watch than just listen to on a podcast!  But I'm enjoying it so far and look forward to watching more episodes.

Maybe I'm not remembering correctly but I thought with the podcast, you kind of came to the conclusion by yourself to question whether he was intentionally doing harm or he simply had no idea how to even do surgery.  With the show, they are coming right out and questioning it from the start.  

Great cast - lots of eye candy!  Love me some Joshua Jackson and Alec looks good with his distinguished gray hair.  

My brother & his husband recommended this to me, but my bro-in-law said to watch the 4 part docuseries in Hulu first. I binged that and then these 8 episodes. So glad I did. With all the time jumps, I would’ve been lost. The 4 part series really laid everything out chronologically. 

Christian Slater looks like he’s having a blast. Dr Kirby is kind of quirky. I bet the behind the scenes was fun w/him and Baldwin. 

They also did a good job with Dr Death’s weight gain & the prosthetics that JJ wore. I guess when you stop doing coke, it catches up w/you. 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Love 2
On 11/27/2021 at 6:33 PM, bettername2come said:

I listened to the podcast and just recently got Peacock so I'm watching. Enjoying the performances. This is really well-made. I would kind of love to see Henderson and Kirby's reaction to the actors playing them. 

The podcast has a few bonus episodes. One of them is Dr. Kirby meeting Christian Slater.