Type keyword(s) to search

Favorite Challenges and Garments

• Start Topic

Share your favorite challenges and garments from Project Runway through the years.

One of my favorites is the Hershey challenge from season 4. Jillian's Twizzler dress was my top choice.

X0nKb0k.jpg

• Love 4

My all-time favorite is the post office challenge from Season 1.

The designers really seemed to have fun with that challenge. Is that the one where Austin ended up modelling Jay's outfit?

My top 10 (in a loose but more-or-less accurate order) includes: Michelle's Guggeinheim Print, Seth Aaron's Harlem Inspiration, Jillian's Metropolitan Museum, Mondo's Godspell Costume, Jillian/Victorya's Avante Garde, Chris/Christian's Avant Garde, Leanne's Marlene Dietrich, Emilio's Paris Couture, Epperson's Western Costume, and Mondo's Jackie O.

Honorable mentions to Viktor's Makeover (I generally don't like him as a designer, but this was epic) and Leanne's Car Parts.

I also loved the Post Office challenge and Kara Saun's design was great, but so was the vest Jay did.  Also, Austin was adorable!

I wasn't a big fan of the floral challenge in Season 2 (I think because their budget was so tiny they couldn't afford actual flowers), but then when they re-did that challenge in the Teams season, it was actually kind of glorious and wonderfully beautiful.

I always love the unconventional materials challenge-Kelly's coffee filter dress, Austin's corn husk dress, Amy's burlap dress.  I thought everyone except for Elisa and Sweetpea in Season 4 KILLED that challenge (example:  Christian's Reese's cup wrapper dress that didn't even make the top 3), although, to be fair, Season 4 got to work with more traditional fabric than most seasons.  

I always love the print challenges!  Mondo's HIV pants, Seth Aaron's awesome look, Michelle's creepy print, Melissa's blood vein print, Dmitry's perfectly put together print with the jacket cutouts.

Jay's Chrysler Building dress from Season 1, Jillian and Victorya's avanet garde coat from Season 4 (I cover that coat), Korto's seat belt coat from Season 5. Andre's gutter water dress from Season 2 (Inspiration). 

• Love 2

Jay's Chrysler Building dress from Season 1, Jillian and Victorya's avanet garde coat from Season 4 (I cover that coat), Korto's seat belt coat from Season 5. Andre's gutter water dress from Season 2 (Inspiration). 

Yes to all of these!  Jay's and Andre's especially.  

I love the make-your-own-print challenge.  It's always interesting to see what the designers come up with and how it fits into their style and their design.  

I missed a few of the Lifetime seasons (I gave up for a while after the Gretchen fiasco). Most of my favorite challenges are from the Bravo years, including some that have already been mentioned.

My #1 episode, though, is the dog challenge from Season 3. I loved the way the designers interacted with the dogs. Yeah, maybe the dog outfits were a bit silly, but I just loved the vibe of the episode. It made some of the designers (Jeffrey, in particular) seem more likeable. I remember watching it more than once because, unlike so many of the episodes in this franchise, there was no drama, no bickering, no ugliness. It was a fun episode. And Uli made a really cool dress. 

• Love 2