Type keyword(s) to search

The Cast In Other Roles: Beyond Their Stations

7 hours ago, TotalHellion said:

Who saw Bohemian Rhapsody? Was I the only one surprised to learn that Allen Leech played the man Freddy Mercury leaves near the end of the movie just before he tracks down the man who ultimately became his partner? 

His voice sounded familiar to me but he looked different enough that I didn't know right away. By the end, though, I was pretty sure it was him and the credits confirmed it.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, jpgr said:

His voice sounded familiar to me but he looked different enough that I didn't know right away. By the end, though, I was pretty sure it was him and the credits confirmed it.

I didn't even realize it was him until I saw the credits. I was happy that he had pretty significant part in the movie. 

• Love 1
On 3/5/2015 at 4:56 PM, DHDancer said:

I just came across From Time to Time (netflix) released in 2009.  Directed by Mr Fellowes and starring almost all his Downton cast! I guess he has his rolodex of favourite folks to work with.  http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1031241/reference

Hugh, Maggie, Allen, Daisy (yes, Ms Bunting), David (Robb) ...

Actually not a bad movie.

I always feel that England has a small band of actors and they are in everything.  I caught Peter's Friends, years ago, and then noticed the entire cast in tons of other movies.

I can't believe our Mr. Branson was the nasty guy in Bohemian Rhapsody.

• Love 5

Just started watching, ok binging, Game of Thrones.  It is brutal!  Anyway a Wildling woman from north of the wall was caught by John Snow and they tussled.  I kept saying to myself, "I know that voice and that woman".  It was our Gwen!  The housemaid who became a secretary then married well and came back for a luncheon.

• Love 1
On 7/19/2019 at 8:12 PM, jumper sage said:

Just started watching, ok binging, Game of Thrones.  It is brutal!  Anyway a Wildling woman from north of the wall was caught by John Snow and they tussled.  I kept saying to myself, "I know that voice and that woman".  It was our Gwen!  The housemaid who became a secretary then married well and came back for a luncheon.

The actress who played Gwen, Rose Leslie, is now married to Kit Harrington (Jon Snow).

• Love 3
On ‎3‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 5:26 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Julian Fellowes, Michael Engler & Elizabeth McGovern discuss The Chaperone:

I watched that last night on the PBS site using my "Passport" that you get for donating 60 dollars or more.  Darn thing took me twenty minutes to activate, but it was worth it.  It's really about the Elizabeth McGovern chaperone character and not the career of Louise Brooks, which may disappoint some people but was just what I wanted. I was happy to see Elizabeth have a much better chance to use her acting skills than Downton ever gave her. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I just discovered that they are filming the novel Defending Jacob as a television series, and Michelle Dockery will join Chris Evans in playing Jacob’s parents.  I loved the book so this could be very interesting.  

• Love 1

Kind of an interesting thing. 

For those who may not know, "The Crown" on Netflix is a (planned) 6 season series about Elizabeth II and the royal family and lifestyle.  They are changing out the entire cast every two years so that age-appropriate actors can be cast.

In seasons 1 and 2, Harry Hadden-Paton (Edith's husband, Bertie) played the part of Martin Charteris (Princess Elizabeth's aide).  In seasons 3 and 4, that role will be played by Charles Edwards (Marigold's father).  

• Love 4

A few days ago I watched the season finale of 'Call the Midwife' on PBS and Thomas Howes (William Mason) played a guy who had both a fiance and a girlfriend--both pregnant. Of course, it all hits the fan with some drama and humor.  I didn't recognize him until someone online mentioned who it was playing the role because he's gained a little weight, but his face still looks about the same.  

• Love 1
On 4/24/2018 at 8:45 AM, humbleopinion said:

Michelle Dockery's gun shooting, horseback riding, well digging, American accent in Godless is worth the watching in the 7 episode series on Netflix...

Just finished watching it. She was awesome. At first I was all "N'awwwe Mary escaped to the American midwest and found her cowboy!" But she quickly became "Alice" and not "American Mary"