Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E06: Just Because You're Paranoid

ESS
  • Start Topic

Rebel and Lana track down a former sales rep who could be the secret weapon in their case against Stonemore Medical. Meanwhile, Sean reveals his truth to Ziggy; Nate and Misha grow closer; and Cruz has doubts about Angela’s intentions.

• Love 1

This was a pretty good episode, it goes to show why networks should let shows air more than five episodes before cancelling them. It can take time to get into a flow.

Angela or whatever her real name is sure is a good liar to pull off being offended when she is actually the spy. Maybe she is a spy who really had cancer (or maybe not), but she still is a liar. 

I think Rebel actually went a whole episode without breaking the law or being terrible to other people. She actually used logic and persuasive words to try and convince someone to do something. 

• Love 10
(edited)

What another great episode once again!! 

Rebel & Lana once again the best team ever!!! ♥️

Rebel interrogating everyone to who stole the heart valve was great! So glad Lana found out the truth about Angela and I was starting to feel bad for her when told Cruz about her cancer, but then wow another twist.. she lied. I didn't know who to believe after a bit, but I still think it's most likely Angela who did since she was at the hospital.

Poor Sean I'm so glad I was wrong about that pregnancy theory at least so far. I was a little upset that Ziggy & Sean broke up for a bit, but I was glad he was honest with her although I know it made her upset, but what did she expect? she wanted honest from him and she got it. I knew they still liked each other so I'm glad they worked it out. 

Oh man what a ending I was so shocked with Lana's car chase I hope she won't be too badly hurt(some are saying it's Angela, but to me it definitely looked like Lana) I can't imagine how Rebel's gonna feel when she finds out about Lana as that's her best friend and family. 

Grady did a good thing (finally) so I have to give him a bit of credit for inviting Sean into the guest house to sleep that was nice of him to do, but I still am not sold on him at all what he's doing to Rebel and continuing to do. Also was upset to hear Maddie's baby died, so sad, but not surprising.

I can't wait for next week's episode.

Edited by dubbel zout
Removed unnecessary spoiler tags
  • Love 4
(edited)

How did Angela know that Rebel was on to her at that particular moment?  She took off our the back door without even knowing why Rebel was there.  Rebels’ there a lot and asking Cruz to ‘come outside’ - what made Angela think it was about her? It’s not like she could have  heard Rebel quietiy point to her photo and say her name. 

and yes, it was Lana who crashed 

at this point I like the doctor and Rebels’ son the doctor- they are cute together.. and I like Helen.  I don’t care about the rest of them.  

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 2

The deposition scenes were quite good.  I went through a civil suit deposition, and our lawyers told us ahead of time that the only permissible answers, if possible, were 'yes, no, and I don't remember'.  Cruz knew that the best path was to use Stonemore's boss's arrogance to get him to unload during the deposition, and it almost worked, at least for the first session.

On 5/21/2021 at 7:55 PM, KaveDweller said:

Maybe she is a spy who really had cancer (or maybe not), but she still is a liar. 

I think there's a real possibility that she's a spy because she has cancer.  Stonemore Medical might have made her an offer (under the table, of course) of medical care in return for 'just this one little thing.'

18 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

and yes, it was Lana who crashed

Somebody tell me where this occurred.  I want to drive on an LA street where there is actually space between the cars.  :)

• Useful 1
5 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

The deposition scenes were quite good.  I went through a civil suit deposition, and our lawyers told us ahead of time that the only permissible answers, if possible, were 'yes, no, and I don't remember'.  Cruz knew that the best path was to use Stonemore's boss's arrogance to get him to unload during the deposition, and it almost worked, at least for the first session.

I think there's a real possibility that she's a spy because she has cancer.  Stonemore Medical might have made her an offer (under the table, of course) of medical care in return for 'just this one little thing.'

Somebody tell me where this occurred.  I want to drive on an LA street where there is actually space between the cars.  :)

The beginning of that chase scene was hilarious.  All the other cars on the street sitting perfectly still( or perfectly spaced)  while these two whipped in and out between them.  

• Love 3
On 5/23/2021 at 4:52 PM, mythoughtis said:

at this point I like the doctor and Rebels’ son the doctor

This episode was the first time their interaction didn't annoy me, and I even kind of enjoyed it.

On 5/24/2021 at 10:57 AM, Dowel Jones said:

Yeah, I figure there's a reason she's doing this - she's not a "professional" spy - and the cancer thing made me think that's at the root of it.

On 5/24/2021 at 4:10 PM, mythoughtis said:

The beginning of that chase scene was hilarious.  All the other cars on the street sitting perfectly still( or perfectly spaced)  while these two whipped in and out between them.  

That was indeed so terribly obvious in its staging.  It's as if they thought cars needed to social distance.

I need to see a healthy Helen, but I guess I have another episode to go until that happens.

• LOL 1

Just read in another thread here that this show's been 'canceled' or not renewed... or whatever the current terminology is.

Sad. Seems every time I decide to try out a new show, and "like" it (I'm shallow at times), it gets the axe.

There again, I'd probably enjoy watching Andy Garcia snore. Maybe I just enjoy a show without a lot of physical gore?

(edited)

Shocked and sad! Just when it was getting good!  It seems like every character is beginning to settle down and act (as opposed to overacting). Makes it more believable. 

Edited by Daff
  • Love 1

I had pretty much decided I wouldn't watch this any more, but since it's cancelled, I am going to watch the remaining episodes.

This one pulled me in and got me engaged more than the previous episodes.  I still have trouble keeping track of who's who, how they relate to Rebel, and what they're doing to further or thwart her cause.  Now it's more like a British series, which generally run a more limited number of episodes. I like that.  

The Sharon Lawrence character Angela may be both, woman with cancer and a spy.  She sure looks guilty, even with her plausible explanation for being at the hospital.  Also glad Sean came clean, and now has a safe place to stay.

I predict Lana will be injured but OK, but Rebel will end up having to replace her reliable old vehicle.

• Useful 1
4 hours ago, zoey1996 said:

I had pretty much decided I wouldn't watch this any more, but since it's cancelled, I am going to watch the remaining episodes.

This one pulled me in and got me engaged more than the previous episodes.  I still have trouble keeping track of who's who, how they relate to Rebel, and what they're doing to further or thwart her cause.  Now it's more like a British series, which generally run a more limited number of episodes. I like that.  

The Sharon Lawrence character Angela may be both, woman with cancer and a spy.  She sure looks guilty, even with her plausible explanation for being at the hospital.  Also glad Sean came clean, and now has a safe place to stay.

I predict Lana will be injured but OK, but Rebel will end up having to replace her reliable old vehicle.

Woodrow Flynn is Rebel's first husband and her son's Nate's father the doctor, Benji Ray is Rebel's second husband and father to Cassidy, Grady is her third husband who wants a divorce and Ziggy is their adopted daughter. Lana is Rebel's best friend and sister in law she's also Benji's sister. Grady and Rebel have been married 10 years they adopted Ziggy when she was 6 years old. Finally Cruz is Rebel's boss and Cruz's wife Sharon was Rebel's best friend. Luke isn't family to anyone including Rebel he just works at Benji's firm and Amir isn't related to Rebel either he just works there as well, but he is or was dating Cassidy, Rebel's daughter and Sean is dating Ziggy Rebel's youngest daughter. I hope this answer you're question about who is who. 

• Love 2