Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E15: Runs in the Family (1)

• Start Topic

While Pride and Rita plan their wedding, the FBI arrests Connor in connection to the bar's firebombing as a means of getting to his mother, Sasha Broussard, and Rita may be the only person who can save them.

I can't believe this mess of a story is what they chose to end the show with.   Sasha is awful.  She is literally played like Eddie Haskell.  She's practically twirling her moustache until Connor is within earshot, then it's a whole fake, transparent demeanor.  Connor is annoying.   Hannah and Carter are barely on, which is fine but then Loretta is basically reduced to a cameo role as well.   Tammy and Sebastian have been having the same conversation about her moving out for at least a half dozen episodes--and nothing else.  The "case" they've tossed in the past few episode to try and fool us into thinking this is still a procedural and not a bad soap opera are a joke and receive less time than the commercial breaks.  

Was does Rita have to be the one represent Sasha and broker the deal.  What good does it do for her to know all of Sasha's dirty deeds knowing she won't be able to talk to Dwayne about it?   Why is Dwayne shocked that Sasha would want to take Connor into WitSec?  Given the number of people she pissed off it seems like a logical move.  Why can't Laurel make it to the wedding?   They didn't skip off to Vegas on two hours' notice.  

This season has been awful from beginning to end.  I didn't think I say it about this show, but at this point good riddance.  

• Love 10

Sasha AND Conner are annoying and exhausting. Dwayne needs to get it together and see that Conner does need to go into Witsec with Sasha, because all these people she pissed off to make her plea deal are going to make a beeline for him.

And I agree, this is a sucky way to close out the show.

• Love 6

How old is Connor supposed to be? Because he's acting like a whiny 13 year old on a hormonal tirade and it's annoying and not something I want to watch.

If I didn't know this show was ending next week, I would have deleted the episode about 15 minutes in. I'm only sticking this out since I know there is an end date and I'm apparently a glutton for punishment. Loretta has become a side note, which bums me out because she was such a fantastic, strong, smart character; Tammy and Sebastian are essentially comic fodder; nobody gives a crap about Hanah and Carter; Rita is now allowing herself to be overrun with Pride's family problems and is a shadow of the strong, capable woman we first met; and Laurel is a no show, but I'm actually okay with that one. This show was really good about ruining female characters. 

• Love 3
(edited)

Now I definitely know why it was cancelled. This entire Callie Thorn/ Connor arc was total bullshit. The worst ever.

Edited by preeya
  • Love 8

This show has been a disaster for strong female characters since Pride’s first wife was immediately written out and then Meredith was got rid of for no good reason.

None of us should be surprised at this point. I am surprised that they have seemingly ripped off this secret son storyline directly from CSI:Miami, which really should not be the place where anyone should go looking for inspiration. Oh well.

• Love 6

I think Pride and his wife were already separated when the show started.   The actress was nothing like her character on Person of Interest so no great loss.  Brody was reportedly written off because she wasn't deemed sexy enough by network execs.   Borin never came back for guest appearances because she complained about unsafe conditions on the set.  There was some backstage drama with Percy that I don't remember the specifics of.   To be fair, Lasalle left without much explanation other than wanting to spend more time with his family which is kind of a stock cover answer so it wasn't just the female characters.  There was a lot of housecleaning behind the scenes, which I believe has lead to the weak characterizations the basically vomiting melodrama.  The new regime has managed to ruin Tammy, Wade and Rita, three characters who were strong women before this season when all they contributed were being overwhelmed, making goo goo eyes about girlfriends and sacrificing career to be with her man.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I used to really enjoy this show - but now I'm glad that it's almost over.   This episode was actually painful to watch.  I would like to echo what all of you above said, as it's all true.   It seems like a bunch of out of work soap opera writers came on board for this final season.  It's almost nothing about actual criminal cases and more about Draamaa!  

The entire Pride's secret son story  is bullshit and the Hannah/Carter luv story - blah.  What a way to ruin a good show.  RIP NCIS Nola.  

• Love 8

Agree with most of what was said here.  It's become a soap opera.  I really like most of the cast, so I hope they find good jobs in other shows I can enjoy.  And I'll really miss Tammy.  Love the character.  I hope the actress gets another good role.

• Love 2
(edited)

Why didn’t they use this season to give Jimmy, Sebastian and Triple P happy endings? Why do we have to have a multi episode arc about a person that was a minor in a few episodes and her son?  I like the actress in many shows but this series should not be ending on her story.  

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 1