Type keyword(s) to search

Masterchef Junior (US) - General Discussion

• Start Topic

(edited)
On 3/18/2024 at 11:57 PM, CoyoteBlue said:

Did Gordon just set Kristell up to fail? She'd been laboring away at that coleslaw and Gordon dumps the task that everyone ignored on her after it was probably too late to fix it. So not fair. Lydia did suck as a captain, so yeah.

On 3/25/2024 at 11:09 PM, mertensia said:

Goddamn am I sick of team events. It's not entertaining. The kids stress out. And the food choices are always boring.

It was really hard to watch the episode with the Globetrotters.  Why would parents put their children through all this stress?  Actually felt sorry for both teams and I don't like most of the kids here.

Edited by cameron
On 4/2/2024 at 6:03 PM, Mr. Sparkle said:

It wasn't on last Monday, and there's a repeat next week, which does seem a bit strange. I assume it'll be back on the 15th. 

My guess is an NCAA final is on next Monday.

• Useful 1
3 hours ago, mertensia said:

My guess is an NCAA final is on next Monday.

Someone on Reddit said this show would be off for two weeks so I think you're most probably correct.

On 3/26/2024 at 12:56 PM, Colorado David said:

GR was really laying into the kids - tho to be fair they were screwing up.  I wonder if Miles brought out 8 (or 11?) filets because he was trying to get ahead of the game? And to be fair I think he could've just popped them back in the oven to keep warm.

Poor Grayson taking it to heart on failing the team. Its fine to accept blame but man he seemed on the verge of tears. I was kinda proud of him using a meat thermometer - he probably doesnt have experience with touching the meat to see if its done.

Agreed Remy has to be SO dramatic. She has been coached how to act for the camera. Overact.

They really overlooked Layla this episode except when GR was admonishing her for running around.

I read on the internet that Remy had been working with a professional chef to get her ready for this show.  Too bad he didn't work on her attitude.

• Like 2
(edited)

Or in the case of tomatoes (but only if they’re raw, apparently) I just roll my eyes and call Bullshit. 

I agree it was Lilo’s time, but it was kind of a record-scratch moment when Alfred fessed up that he doesn’t know meat temperatures. Although I guess he wasn’t far off when he told Aaron he likes them “done."

Edited by dmeets

I thought it would be Alfred, since they make so much drama about the cook of the steak. I thought Lilo's was the most imaginative, but apparently worst executed. 

Insufferable Remy survives for another week.  Thought she made the easiest dish for last night's challenge and her eggs looked overcooked to me.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

Did anyone else think Aaron looked like he'd stopped at a margarita bar on the way to work?

I was thinking that he doesn't add much to this show. They don't need 4 judges for this. Aaron can stay with the grown-up version and they can have Tillie on the Jr. version. She's much less annoying than I thought she would be. 

• Like 3
10 hours ago, cameron said:

Insufferable Remy survives for another week.  Thought she made the easiest dish for last night's challenge and her eggs looked overcooked to me.

Agreed on both counts.  I've been hoping for Remy's departure every week.  That egg yolk didn't run at all when they cut into it.  I was surprised the editing gave us as long a look at it as they did.

I thought Alfred would be going.  I have a soft spot for him for some reason so I was glad he stayed another week although I think his time has about run out.

Lilo is a cute little thing and did well for her age.  I thought one of the other two on the bottom would go so I was surprised but she probably wouldn't have lasted much longer anyway.  

16 hours ago, dmeets said:

Or in the case of tomatoes (but only if they’re raw, apparently) I just roll my eyes and call Bullshit. 

I laughed at her aversion to tomatoes because my younger daughter is the same way about them.  Won't touch them or anything made from them, not even pizza with red sauce.  She's 54.

• Like 1
(edited)
14 hours ago, mlp said:

I laughed at her aversion to tomatoes because my younger daughter is the same way about them.  Won't touch them or anything made from them, not even pizza with red sauce.  She's 54.

I am much closer to your daughter's age than Remy's age and I've never been able to eat raw tomatoes. I don't even want them on my plate. 🤮

Edited by Mr. Sparkle
  • Like 1

My issue with the tomatoes is that I thought I heard her say she only dislikes them if raw. But since this is a cooking competition, why would that be a problem? It’s not as though she had to make a caprese salad.

I don’t know, I feel a little guilty for thinking this since she’s a child, but because she’s been so over the top campy this whole time that it all feels calculated to “make good tv” I find it easy to believe she, or really her parents, intentionally answered tomatoes as her “least favorite food” knowing there’d eventually be a challenge to cook with them. And they figured it’d be easier to cook something delicious with tomatoes than oysters, anchovies, Lima beans, etc.

• Like 1

Either Daphne Oz was pregnant again when this was filmed or she should fire her stylist immediately. Scratch that, the latter is still true as her outfit was terrible regardless.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, jcbrown said:

Either Daphne Oz was pregnant again when this was filmed or she should fire her stylist immediately. Scratch that, the latter is still true as her outfit was terrible regardless.

I don't think she was pregnant.  When I saw the one bare shoulder, I thought she'd been watching too much Meghan Markle.  Then, when the camera pulled back and I saw how short the skirt was, I was horrified.  I can't imagine she looked in a mirror before she walked out.

• Like 1

Alfred was my favorite.  I knew he wouldn't win but I still was sorry to see him go.  I keep hoping they'll get rid of Remy.  I find her annoying.  I'm sure she's somebody's little princess.

I hope they're done with wasting food (or whatever they use to mimic food) by throwing it at the judges.  Hate that.

• Like 2
8 hours ago, cameron said:

Hopefully Remy gets the ax on the next show.  Her time has come to an end.

Unfortunately the judges don't seem to think so.

• Like 1

I think that this overall  group of kids, with the exception of one or two are particularly annoying.  More so than in the past.

• Like 2

I had liked Alfred up until this episode but they gave him so much screen time to presage his being sent home and it did not help me to like him any more. Quite the opposite.

11 hours ago, jcbrown said:

I had liked Alfred up until this episode but they gave him so much screen time to presage his being sent home and it did not help me to like him any more. Quite the opposite.

Back when I was his age; he would have been known as a "nerd".  

13 hours ago, cameron said:

Back when I was his age; he would have been known as a "nerd".  

As a fellow nerd, that was actually what I liked about him. To me, in this episode, he seemed more performative and I thought he came across as pretty tiresome.

10 hours ago, jcbrown said:

As a fellow nerd, that was actually what I liked about him. To me, in this episode, he seemed more performative and I thought he came across as pretty tiresome.

I found most of his appearances to be that way.

When Remy was talking to the judges about the chicken dish she was working on, I began to think she's not so bad. Cute kid. Seems nice enough.

Then they cut to her interview where she was all Miss Sassy and full of herself, gesturing, telling the other kids to step aside as she walks by. Ugh.

A parent should stop that.

• Like 5
2 hours ago, Tango64 said:

When Remy was talking to the judges about the chicken dish she was working on, I began to think she's not so bad. Cute kid. Seems nice enough.

Then they cut to her interview where she was all Miss Sassy and full of herself, gesturing, telling the other kids to step aside as she walks by. Ugh.

A parent should stop that.

Totally agree.  Not a nice trait to have and it doesn't shed good light on the parents that in all likely hood encourage this type of attitude.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, mertensia said:

STILL stuck with Remy. Hope the duck a la orange task took her attitude down a notch.

Bye, Asher.

I'm thinking that surviving that challenge probably made her attitude worst.

• Like 1

I LOVED it when she "corrected" Gordon's pronunciation of shallots and he shot right back at her! Set her back on her heals a little bit I think! Seems she isn't often put in her place by an adult.

• Like 7
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 5/7/2024 at 8:28 AM, lilysmom said:

I LOVED it when she "corrected" Gordon's pronunciation of shallots and he shot right back at her! Set her back on her heals a little bit I think! Seems she isn't often put in her place by an adult.

Totally! I prefer the kid version to the adult version because it's generally kinder, but in this case the snap at Remy was warranted. 

Edited by Mr. Sparkle
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

It's always a treat for me to see Gordon cook.

But I do agree, that I loved when Gordon told Remy to pay attention when she tried to "correct" his pronunciation of shallots.

Michael for the Win! He's so good, so focused, and he's a sweet kid.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

It's always a treat for me to see Gordon cook.

But I do agree, that I loved when Gordon told Remy to pay attention when she tried to "correct" his pronunciation of shallots.

Michael for the Win! He's so good, so focused, and he's a sweet kid.

Big fan of Bryson.  He never once called Gordon by his first name, always Chef.  Now, that's good manners.

• Like 1

I will be happy with Michael or Bryson.  Not Remy.  I've been hoping she'd get sent home since the first episode.  If she wins, she'll be even more insuffereable than she already is.

• Like 5

Sounds catty, but seeing Remy's mother pulling her skirt down multiple times throughout the episode, it seems like a lack of self-awareness runs in the family.  If I were going to be on TV, sitting down, in the front row of the family section, I'd have practiced sitting down before even buying that dress.  

Maybe she's as impressed with herself as her daughter is with herself.  And they both seem to think everything they do is noteworthy.  Well, it is . . . but for all the wrong reasons.

• Like 4

I'm glad I'm not the only one who finds Remy obnoxious.  Also, her "girl power" bits got old really fast.  I'll be happy with either of the boys winning.  I like both of them.

• Like 5

Glad that Bryson won.  Thought that Gordon's comment about Bryson showing respect for everyone was spot on.  Noticed that his parents applauded the other two finalist when they were presenting their dishes.  Didn't see the other two sets of parents doing that.

• Like 2

I know she is only a child, but brownies seem a little lackluster for the finale. Both Michael and Bryson went for more ambitious desserts.

• Like 2
13 hours ago, cameron said:

Glad that Bryson won.  Thought that Gordon's comment about Bryson showing respect for everyone was spot on.  Noticed that his parents applauded the other two finalist when they were presenting their dishes.  Didn't see the other two sets of parents doing that.

I was going to say exactly the same things.  I've been pulling for Bryson since the second episode and I'm delighted that he won.  Michael seemed like a very nice boy with talent but he needs a couple more years on him.  As for Remy............Just go away.  And take your mother with you.

• Like 1

Did Remy say “shrimp stuffed with girl power?”

For her own good, please, someone make her stop that.

Yay for Bryson. Seems like a great kid. 

• Like 4