Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E14: Hustler

Airing May 18, 2021:

The team heads to D.C. to protect Ortiz’s former informant after a hitman tries to kill her. Also, Sarah helps Jess’ family prepare for Byron and Marie’s last-minute wedding on Jess’ farm.

(edited)

The writers didn't have enough good material for this episode that they had to shovel in the crap wedding/Jess & Sarah's nonsense with a sprinkle of Tali's giggling and Crosby's inability to get the hint Charlotte is pregnant to fill the hour.

The agents thought Sheri and Lindsey looked alike?

Was the female assassin high on drugs at the time she killed Lindsey and didn't know her intended target Sheri? She seemed detailed to know who to go after or was killing the sister part of the elaborate plan to blame Nikolla for this?

No need for the agents to call ahead to cancel the race and warn the runners. 

Episode was so dull. The highlight was the wife slapping the congressman!

Jess' sister doesn't know Crosby's name? She told Jess a "guy" is in barn as if some stranger walked on the property and went in to the barn.

I don't think it will end well for Jess and Sarah. Too much of bringing up the ex to not have something happen. But it's dragging already! Get to it.

Edited by mxc90
  • Love 1

I liked parts of this episode and disliked other parts - I liked getting some focus on Ortiz, he’s been a solid addition to the team, and the case was pretty good and I liked how it shifted focus midway through, so I guess it was the woman the Congressman hired who killed the sister at the start of the episode? That was the one thing I assumed but wasn’t quite clear on. The case was pretty good, but it didn’t have quite as much meat as some of the other cases, and as a result we had a long filler ending.

The part I didn’t like was the overfocus on the LaCroix family, I’m really sick of their drama, all of it, LaCroix’s dad, his sister, his girlfriend, Tali, all of them. I hope this is the end of that drama, but I’m concerned about all the references to the ex, I’m afraid there’s more drama on the horizon for them. And is Clinton gone for good? And where are LaCroix’s in laws, they have all these people staying in their house, they must be on a long vacation. 

• Love 3

Just watched it. I liked it. Focused more on Ortiz, who has been a great addition to the group. Tough, loyal & I love it when he calls LaCroix “Boss”. I might start doing that myself with my supervisor haha.

The family drama doesn’t bother me. However, what the hell ever happened to Clinton? Did he evaporate or something?

• Love 2

Clinton not being there doesn’t exactly bother me what does is Jess’s dead wife’s side of the family.  I know Clinton is supposed to represent that on the team but isn’t there other members who also “disappeared” too?   I get they are trying with the new gf who I actually like a lot but the show needs to explain the missing side of the family.

As for the episode in general I found it kind of meh.  They can’t all be winners but I haven’t really bonded with Ortiz and this episode didn’t do much for me.

• Love 2
(edited)

The case is mehhh.

Miguel Ortiz needs to work more on his facial expressions and line deliveries. He is not that engaging onscreen.

I would prefer watching Jess’ in-laws than his own family. Byron/Marie/Louise/Tali are annoying characters. Nelson and Marilou make Tali bearable to watch, for me.

The wedding scene is also mehhh. Byron and Marie aren’t having a couple of their best friends in their wedding? And Jess’ subordinates are all there? Weird.

If Jess and Sarah are now really in love, and they’re in a serious, committed relationship, why Jess never kiss her on the lips??? 🤔

Edited by SnazzyDaisy
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

If Jess and Sarah are now really in love, and they’re in a serious, committed relationship, why Jess never kiss her on the lips???

Mmmm...I'm guessing the whole pandemic thing.

A lot fewer smooches going on in most shows right now.

• Love 2
(edited)

I liked the episode but I didn't love it.  The wedding and all the family BS turned me off.   I'm not sure about Jess and Sarah.  She's OK but so far I'm not feeling it. 

And what was with that so called dancing?  They weren't dancing.   They were hopping up and down.

Edited by AnnA
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

I really don't get why they focus so much on Jess' family. It's  "FBI Most Wanted" not, "FBI Most Wanted Lead and His Family." I was ok with the stuff with his in laws cause I actually liked the actors and it wasn't melodramatic and over powering. But now we have this stupid romance, his love interests drama and his drama with his dad? Ugh. 

The story was ok. Good twist. Don't like Ortiz had slept with her because frankly, she came off as insincere and dodgy to begin with. Could have been the actress but I didn't buy Ortiz falling for her. 

• Love 2

Kudos to the random FBI guy who loaded the handcuffed congressman into the SUV. He seemed like the only FBI agent around who was taking the pandemic seriously by wearing a mask.

• Love 1
On 5/21/2021 at 1:23 AM, luvmylabs said:

These things would make me happy.  Get rid of LaCroix's father and his wife.  Bring back his in laws and Clinton Skye.  Sarah can stay (for a while).  Just my opinion.

I watched a recent video on YouTube about FBI: Most Wanted. Whole cast talked about how Season 1 was all about LaCroix’s in-laws & season 2 was more focused on his own family so I was planned the whole time. No worries. 

Hope tonight is good! 🤞