Type keyword(s) to search

S20.E14: Live Top 17 Results

• Start Topic

One artist from each team is revealed as safe by America's votes. Each coach selects one more artist to move forward and the artist with the next highest votes from each team competes in the Wildcard Instant Save for the last spot in the Top 9.

Original airdate: 5/11/21

1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I missed some parts.  What’s status of John’s team so far?

America saved Victor and John saved Pia. I haven't finished the show so no idea about the instant save. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Team Blake, Cam unsurprisingly got America's vote, and Blake rewarded Jordan for his Gold Dust Woman cover. Had Jordan given a slightly weaker performance, I think Blake would've gone with Pete.

Team John, I guess the 3 ladies on John's team split the vote and that let Victor (going uptempo with Stevie Wonder certainly helped his cause) sneak through. John should've saved Ryley...but he didn't. He saved Pia, who will almost certainly be eliminated next week..

Team Kelly, Kenzie got America's vote in probably the least surprising result of the whole hour. Then I think Kelly whipped out some serious The Voice strategery. She could've saved Corey. On merit she should've saved Corey. But, I think she rightly realized that Corey would be a heavy favorite in the WC instant save. So she saved Gihanna (who absolutely wouldn't of had a chance in the 4 way instant save) instead. She might've come 4th in the voting on Team Kelly, after Kenzie, Corey, & Zae. There's always at least 1 contestant who lasts this far on the Voice that just absolutely mystifies me and Gihanna is 100% that contestant on S20.

Team Nick, Interestingly, none of the huge diva voices that the judges lose their shit over week after week got America's vote. Not even Dana. Ended up being Rachel Mac, which forced Nick to save Dana. Although had Dana gotten America's vote I do think Nick probably would've saved Rachel. Maybe Andrew, but probably Rachel.

I would've given the 4 way to Ryley with Corey & Pete being close behind. It's interesting that we no longer get to see the percentages like we did in earlier seasons..

Edited by PhD-Purgatory15

I hate that they cut so many so quickly. I always want to know who the top whatever were regardless of team!  Ryleighs instant save performance was awful and I've liked her previously. 

I wasn't surprised Corey won but I wanted it to be Jose or Pete. I just don't care for Corey. 

10 hours ago, waving feather said:

Still don't know what Blake sees in Jordan. He's a mediocre singer at best and not the most original. The only reason I can think of is that Blake likes him as a person or he wants his voters to focus on Cam. 

It’s the hair! 🤣

• LOL 1
14 hours ago, waving feather said:

Still don't know what Blake sees in Jordan. He's a mediocre singer at best and not the most original. The only reason I can think of is that Blake likes him as a person or he wants his voters to focus on Cam. 

Blake knows how to play the game. IMO, he knows the rocker will not win, Cam has a better chance of getting more of the votes. I noticed that after Pete sang in the 4 way sing off Blake didn't really fight for him like he usually does if he wants them to stay. I'm not saying Blake didn't want Pete to stay but like I said I believe Blake plays the game and he has a better chance with Cam. I really liked Pete and his vibe but my issue with him was he sang too low, I wanted them to turn up the mic or turn the band down because I had a hard time hearing him.

Didn't this show used to have a top 12?

I think the top 2 will be Cam and Kelly's country singer.

I wish Kelly would get a new stylist. That pink dress she had Monday was awful and the black one wasn't much better. She looks like she's wearing a tight corset or something the way she sits so board straight.

• Love 5
16 hours ago, PhD-Purgatory15 said:

Team Kelly, Kenzie got America's vote in probably the least surprising result of the whole hour. Then I think Kelly whipped out some serious The Voice strategery. She could've saved Corey. On merit she should've saved Corey. But, I think she rightly realized that Corey would be a heavy favorite in the WC instant save. So she saved Gihanna (who absolutely wouldn't of had a chance in the 4 way instant save) instead. She might've come 4th in the voting on Team Kelly, after Kenzie, Corey, & Zae. There's always at least 1 contestant who lasts this far on the Voice that just absolutely mystifies me and Gihanna is 100% that contestant on S20.

Team Nick, Interestingly, none of the huge diva voices that the judges lose their shit over week after week got America's vote. Not even Dana. Ended up being Rachel Mac, which forced Nick to save Dana. Although had Dana gotten America's vote I do think Nick probably would've saved Rachel. Maybe Andrew, but probably Rachel.

I would've given the 4 way to Ryley with Corey & Pete being close behind. It's interesting that we no longer get to see the percentages like we did in earlier seasons..

I don't think Gihanna would have won the four way instant save either.  I think it would have been Pete if Corey wasn't there.  I'm glad Corey won since I like him but I liked his KO the best out of his performances. 

I don't think the general audience appreciates diva voices either.  I was still surprised that Dana didn't get the votes.  Yesterday, I predicted that Dana and Rachel would be Nick's final two but I thought Dana would get the votes and Nick would choose Rachel.

I like the percentages.   However, I can see how it can affect people's votes.  It doesn't matter to me since I can't vote live.

15 hours ago, Court said:

I hate that they cut so many so quickly. I always want to know who the top whatever were regardless of team!  Ryleighs instant save performance was awful and I've liked her previously. 

I wasn't surprised Corey won but I wanted it to be Jose or Pete. I just don't care for Corey. 

I also hate that they cut so many people at once.  I liked it better when they eliminated one contestant at a time during lives.

Technically, I thought Jose was the best out of the four but I'm happy that Corey won.  I think Pete knew that he didn't give his best performances on Monday or last night.  That's why he said good-bye to Blake.

14 hours ago, waving feather said:

I haven't liked Jordan since I thought he was rude to Kelly in the blinds.  However, I do think he gave a better performance than Pete on Monday.  If it was based on who Blake liked, I think he would have chosen Pete over Jordan just because he's known him longer. 

• Love 2

Watching the format of this show play out reminded me of my senior year math class where I sat there thinking what's even happening right now. People coming and going, then coming back out, crying and goodbying, saving, more voting and goodbying and a wildcard or something. All we're missing is a dart board and fire.

• LOL 6
14 hours ago, Toni Press-Coffm said:

I liked Jose the best of the "save" 4 by FAR.

Listening to Cory is like listening to the same song over and over and over and over.

On my previous post, I said that technically Jose was the best.  However, I was wrong since he was also a great performer and was the most professional sounding out of the four.  But I also had a feeling that he wouldn't get the save.  It was going to be between Pete and Corey based on the Voice audience