Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E06: Regal Jumping Spider

• Start Topic

Matilda and Drea plan to spend the night in the woods to prove their independence. Genevieve goes on her first date with Oscar, and it is mostly not awkward.

Airdate: May 6, 2021

I love the girls, but I was really in the mood for some Josh Thomas tonight. At the end, I thought Alex was going to break up with him. Alex seems to be about at the end of his patience.

If I were Oscar, I would have reacted the same way to Genevieve's Aerosmith "joke" - embarrassed by getting all those gifts, and confused by Genevieve seemingly not knowing Aerosmith. 

I like "take charge" Drea. And loved Matilda playing piano and looking so blissful. I wonder if she was composing, or playing something she already wrote.

• Love 5

The art show that Oscar and Genevieve went to actually looked pretty cool, and things seemed to be going pretty well until the end. I am not sure why Genevieve ran away laughing, I guess just because she felt weird about his big speech about authenticity? Of course Oscar might still be into her, if he was so cool with the awkward "joke" gifts he can probably get past a girl laughing and running away when he tried to kiss her. 

Matilda looked so happy playing the piano, I hope that she can find a way back to it again. Drea trying to make steps towards being more independent was nice to see, even with the occasional snakeskin boot debacle. "Why would you put these where snakes could be?" "I think its ok to have boots under a bed." 

• Love 3

Can someone remind me how Genevieve and Oscar met?  I know they had that long awkward phone call (although "awkward" is probably redundant when talking about anything on this show) an episode or two ago, but my mind is a black hole regarding anything before that.  Was it something to do with her "putting herself out there"?

1 hour ago, SoMuchTV said:

Can someone remind me how Genevieve and Oscar met?  I know they had that long awkward phone call (although "awkward" is probably redundant when talking about anything on this show) an episode or two ago, but my mind is a black hole regarding anything before that.  Was it something to do with her "putting herself out there"?

When Genevieve posted her YouTube video he posted saying he liked her and it went from there. I think she knew who he was from school.

• Useful 1
(edited)

I thought Genevieve was being uptight and judgmental with Oscar-- she wasn't into the art show, but I thought it was a cool way to have a date, that allowed them to talk rather than passively watch a movie (or eat). I also thought her joke about Aerosmith was a set up for him to fail-- if he apprecaites it, she thinks he's not cool, and if he doesn't appreciate it, he's rude. I thought she ran away and laughed at his good-bye kiss because she wasn't into him anymore, but it made me like her less. I mean, she doesn't ahve to be into him. But she was kind of awful to him about it.

I like how Matilda and Drea work things out, but I don't know if M's promise never to leave her is realistic, either.  Contrast it with how Alex reacts to Nicholas, though. It's starting to look like Alex hates him, when just a few eps ago he seemed happy.

It made no sense to me that Alex would offer to clean everything up after Nicholas turned the place upside down, though. Alex needs to assert himself the way Drea did. But N didn't even ask him to clean it up, so his offering it struck me as all on Alex, who seesm to have developed a martyr complex all of a sudden. I don't blame him for being annoyed, especially since Nicholas apparently promised not to make that kind of mess anymore. The two of them  need to get clearer with each other, stat.

Edited by possibilities
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, SoMuchTV said:

They go to school together, but it seemed like they didn't really talk until she posted her video and he and made a comment about how she was his new crush.

I didn't get her joke with the gifts. I get the idea of pretending you never heard of Aerosmith and saying it is an indie band, but the shirt and the mug were a bit much. And it also seemed like she was making fun of the fact that he gave her a record of a band she wasn't familiar with. I thought at the end she was just nervous about the kiss, which I can understand, but running away laughing seems a bit mean.

I enjoyed watching Matilda and Drea try to be independent together. But how long were they planning to stay at the cabin? Was the chicken really the only thing they brought?

• Love 1

I did not get Genevieve's Aerosmith joke, but I think that was the point?

4 hours ago, possibilities said:

I thought Genevieve was being uptight and judgmental with Oscar-- she wasn't into the art show, but I thought it was a cool way to have a date, that allowed them to talk rather than passively watch a movie (or eat). I also thought her joke about Aerosmith was a set up for him to fail-- if he apprecaites it, she thinks he's not cool, and if he doesn't appreciate it, he's rude. I thought she ran away and laughed at his good-bye kiss because she wasn't into him anymore, but it made me like her less. I mean, she doesn't ahve to be into him. But she was kind of awful to him about it.

I like how Matilda and Drea work things out, but I don't know if M's promise never to leave her is realistic, either.  Contrast it with how Alex reacts to Nicholas, though. It's starting to look like Alex hates him, when just a few eps ago he seemed happy.

It made no sense to me that Alex would offer to clean everything up after Nicholas turned the place upside down, though. Alex needs to assert himself the way Drea did. But N didn't even ask him to clean it up, so his offering it struck me as all on Alex, who seesm to have developed a martyr complex all of a sudden. I don't blame him for being annoyed, especially since Nicholas apparently promised not to make that kind of mess anymore. The two of them  need to get clearer with each other, stat.

I think she was just being an awkward teenager - Oscar said he didn't have a parent to really show him how dating goes, and Genevieve doesn't either.

I also really enjoyed as Matilda and Drea worked things out.

1 hour ago, KaveDweller said:

I enjoyed watching Matilda and Drea try to be independent together. But how long were they planning to stay at the cabin? Was the chicken really the only thing they brought?

I'm guessing they were planning on overnight and a bit of the next day - since I think if they had a meal for a second night planned, Matilda would've brought it up.

I also loved seeing Matilda play piano again - she seemed so happy.

On 5/7/2021 at 7:33 PM, Evie said:

When Genevieve posted her YouTube video he posted saying he liked her and it went from there. I think she knew who he was from school.

Didn't he say that he sat behind her in math class?