Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E01: First Impressions Are Everything

• Start Topic

Bethany kicks off the search for her VIP of operations with a cocktail party, where first impressions send candidates home before they can say “Skinnygirl” Later, a social media aptitude test leaves Bethany underwhelmed.  

Original air date 2021.04.29

(edited)

I’m not understanding this competition. Is she looking for a vip for all her business or just a social media person because that’s what it’s honestly looking like she wants. Why would you hire a person to run a 100million dollar business through a reality show who literally has no background and would be so green to do the job? That just sounds like a recipe for destruction right off the bat. 

second she bitches because they drank at a coacktail party and didn’t take this like an interview for a job but in the next breath states they didn’t know she would be there and that this was a casual party before the competition. 

honestly she would be the LAST person I would wanna work for. A boss that constantly tells you your stupid talks down to you mocks you and treats you like you’re  below them… no thank you. 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 17

I enjoyed the preview, and so I figured that I would enjoy the show.  So I asked for the topic.

And I am enjoying the show!

I didn't understand what was wrong with Brody.  Why did Bethenny eliminate him?  The rest I get the reasons because Bethenny explained them.

• Love 4
(edited)
5 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I enjoyed the preview, and so I figured that I would enjoy the show.  So I asked for the topic.

And I am enjoying the show!

I didn't understand what was wrong with Brody.  Why did Bethenny eliminate him?  The rest I get the reasons because Bethenny explained them.

I dont hate it :) I just have questions .. I am 100% glad you asked for the topic ... I think if I just take this show for entertainment and not as an actual hunt for someone to run her company with her (again does it seem she is just looking for a social media manager?) I'll be better :P 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 5

Like anything BethennMEEEEEE does, this show is to keep her ever changing face on TV.  I used to really admire her and loved her quick, witty and cutting remarks on RHONY in the early years.  But ever since she left that show (for the first time) she has become meaner and nastier with her attitude with the goal of being mentioned anywhere on social media.  For a woman who insists she “comes from a place of yes”, I’m not sure she knows what that really means.  It certainly doesn’t mean everyone in her orbit has to kowtow and show obeisance by spouting”YES!!!” to her every wish.

So, IMO this show is in no way shape or form a legitimate “search” for an employee to “run” her operations (seriously...does anyone think Bethenny would ever relinquish an ounce of control over her empire?). It’s just another vanity project for Queen B.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8

Forgot to mention: 1) how much I detest Nicole. What an obnoxious twit. As soon as she started yapping about how amazing she is,  and sucking all the oxygen out of the Hamptons, I knew she’d make it through the first show.  Did this idiot have “Miranda Sings” episodes playing on a constant loop during her formative years? Nicole is the very extra embodiment of every millennial  stereotype that Gen X-ers and BabyBoomers think of when they hear someone is an “influencer” ( excuse me, “content creator”)

2) if Bethenny was reaaallly looking for a professional head honcho to run her businesses, she would have one of her minions look into high-end head hunter agencies.  Or even LinkedIn FFS!  There are thousands of business executives with MBA’s who could easily do what she says she’s looking for. 

• Love 3

The four person cut right off the back seemed harsh.  I'm guessing this was only intended to be a 5 contestant show. I actually thought some of the people she cut were pretty interesting.  

Also, it's pretty telling that she cut the HR person who has helped companies learn to communicate positively with its employees and then spent the rest of the episodes dropping f bombs.  I'm guessing her company culture is trash.

On a side note: didn't Bethenny sell the Skinny Girl liquor business?  If so,  I'm really curious how her side of the brand interacts with the liquor side.  If Bethenny comes up with a bunch of random Skinny Girl products, could that diminsh the brand value of the Skinny Girl liquor business (which I'm assuming is quite lucrative)?  But I doubt we'll get any real business challenges, probably just a bunch of social media stuff.

• Love 3
On 4/29/2021 at 3:05 PM, Keywestclubkid said:

I’m not understanding this competition. Is she looking for a vip for all her business or just a social media person because that’s what it’s honestly looking like she wants. Why would you hire a person to run a 100million dollar business through a reality show who literally has no background and would be so green to do the job? That just sounds like a recipe for destruction right off the bat. 

On 4/29/2021 at 5:59 PM, BusyOctober said:

So, IMO this show is in no way shape or form a legitimate “search” for an employee to “run” her operations (seriously...does anyone think Bethenny would ever relinquish an ounce of control over her empire?). It’s just another vanity project for Queen B.

Oh of course this isn't a serious search!  This is a Bethenny project.  If B was seriously looking to fill a position ( and paid a headhunter)  someone like Nicole Rose (LOL) would never even get an interview.  But B knows Nicole is good reality TV - much like Bethenny was/is and so far I'm enjoying it.  I do feel bad for the woman in sales who is actually pretty good and would probably also not get an interview because she's over 40.  I wish she didn't think this was real.  

My favorite part of this episode was Bethenny  walking down the street and then putting on her sunglasses only right before she walks into the building.  

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Cosmocrush said:

My favorite part of this episode was Bethenny  walking down the street and then putting on her sunglasses only right before she walks into the building.  

What a good catch!  I wish I picked up on that.

• Love 2

Say whatever you want, but Bethenny has come full circle. Seems like she took notes from when she was a contestant on Martha Stewart’s apprentice show in 2005. She’s not everyone’s cup of tea, but I give her credit for creating and growing her brand the way she has. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Say whatever you want, but Bethenny has come full circle. Seems like she took notes from when she was a contestant on Martha Stewart’s apprentice show in 2005. She’s not everyone’s cup of tea, but I give her credit for creating and growing her brand the way she has. 

But she needs to read the room this is 2021 not 2005 the way she speaks to those people is no longer acceptable. 

• Love 10
21 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

But she needs to read the room this is 2021 not 2005 the way she speaks to those people is no longer acceptable. 

Eh, no one is stopping any of them (her actual staff or the potential hires) from leaving. 

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Eh, no one is stopping any of them (her actual staff or the potential hires) from leaving. 

You get that’s victim blaming right? She is NOT entitled to speak to potential employees in that manner. I mean it’s no longer acceptable. You shouldn’t have to deal with that ti a point of walking away. 

• Love 12
(edited)
16 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Good point and just more reason this show shouldn't be mistaken for being anything remotely real - by the viewers or the contestants.   It's an entertainment show.    Much like The Bachelor isn't a guide to finding a husband.

Besides that, unfortunately there are employers who speak to their employees that way - even in 2021.  

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Cosmocrush said:

Good point and just more reason this show shouldn't be mistaken for being anything remotely real - by the viewers or the contestants.   It's an entertainment show.    Much like The Bachelor isn't a guide to finding a husband.

Besides that, unfortunately there are employers who speak to their employees that way - even in 2021.  

company's have been sued for less .. its emotional distress ... I mean i am amazed that she hasn't been taken to court already with the way she speaks to some of these people ... its viewed as an imbalance of power ... I mean if i were her i would just be super careful .. if it is an act that just makes it worse because she is all about "authenticity" and being "real"

• Love 3