Type keyword(s) to search

S36.E21: Reunion Part 2

• Start Topic

Good Reunion, heartfelt farewell to Leroy. Great to see Fessy dragged some more and for Lolo not even be mentioned. Of course, I don't think Nam would've said a bad word about her. He's good people.

Fessy is still an asshole. Devin is still thirsty for Johnny's clout. And I kept expecting Josh to break out maracas and sing a few verses of "Cuban Pete." Damn, that shirt was LOUD.

I was half-expecting Leroy to propose to Kam. Ditto for Aneesa to announce her retirement after we got a montage of her in Double Agents.

May the next season be an improvement from this one. But I'm never hopeful about that . . .

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

This is the first time in years that I've watched both episodes of the reunion. When they started making us wait for the reunion to find out who won the Challenge I would only watch up until then and then skip out because I didn't care about the fights and frankly, there was always too much Johnny. Once they stopped doing that there was no reason for me to even watch them. So I was surprised at much I actually enjoyed both episodes. I think it was the cast mix this time around.

They really had enough of Fessy crap to carry it over for a second show! He did so much that I actually forgot about the thing with Nelson. Fessy kept trying to act contrite and say he "owned" everything he did but then would follow it up with some crap excuse. I was shocked to realize how much Cory really has matured over the years with the advice he was giving Fessy. Good for you, Cory.

Amber M is really trying to work up a new label of the mistreated underdog victim, isn't she? However I loved when she called out Josh for white knighting all show long. He really had something to say about everything. I wanted him to shut up so badly.

I'm glad Aneesa was given her props on the show even if she really does need to work some things no matter what they say.

• Love 8

I like Aneesa and appreciated the props--but it would have been fair to have asked her the following: " We all saw how tough the final was. After watching that, Aneesa, do you think you could have finished? do you think you could have been competitive?" Because as much as I like her, I don't think she could have--and I'd like to know if she really thinks she could have. There is a big difference between competing in dailies or eliminations and the final--and she always gets upset for people not wanting her in the final. I get that, provided that she has what it takes to compete there. She hasn't shown that she does. I say this as a non-athletic person who know one would want with them as a partner in these things. I could only complain about that if I actually could handle the final. I'd like her to make an effort to be competitive in the final. She doesn't have to be skinny but does she have endurance--we saw a challenge where running a 1/2 mile was too much. 

• Love 15
10 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

and for Lolo not even be mentioned

Aneesa mentioned her when she was asked about Lolo's whining about how Aneesa supposedly manhandled her in the mud and Aneesa's response to Lolo's statement that Aneesa was playing dirty and Aneesa's response, "We were in the mud."

Anyone know why Wes wasn't part of the reunion beyond the "I'm going to be a meme" thing?

That wasn't particularly noteworthy in any direction. The "goodbye video" for Leroy seemed cobbled together from people who attended the reunion. It would have been nice if they had put ANY effort into it--maybe gotten a message from TJ, or Bananas, or a couple of his original castmates not at the reunion. It was better than nothing, I guess, but nothing would have been a close second. It was basically "here are some thoughts from the people who are currently sitting with you on the stage." Why not ask them to give a short statement right then and there? That would have been more personal.

13 hours ago, TiffanyNichelle said:

This is the first time in years that I've watched both episodes of the reunion. When they started making us wait for the reunion to find out who won the Challenge I would only watch up until then and then skip out because I didn't care about the fights and frankly, there was always too much Johnny. Once they stopped doing that there was no reason for me to even watch them. So I was surprised at much I actually enjoyed both episodes. I think it was the cast mix this time around.

They really had enough of Fessy crap to carry it over for a second show! He did so much that I actually forgot about the thing with Nelson. Fessy kept trying to act contrite and say he "owned" everything he did but then would follow it up with some crap excuse. I was shocked to realize how much Cory really has matured over the years with the advice he was giving Fessy. Good for you, Cory.

Amber M is really trying to work up a new label of the mistreated underdog victim, isn't she? However I loved when she called out Josh for white knighting all show long. He really had something to say about everything. I wanted him to shut up so badly.

I'm glad Aneesa was given her props on the show even if she really does need to work some things no matter what they say.

There was SO much Fessy stuff, and that's with not even addressing the fact that there was someone back home who thought she was his girlfriend as he kissed Ashley and Gaby and openly crushed on Tori. 

Amber M really wants an invite back. My hopes are not in alignment with hers.

4 hours ago, RedbirdNelly said:

I like Aneesa and appreciated the props--but it would have been fair to have asked her the following: " We all saw how tough the final was. After watching that, Aneesa, do you think you could have finished? do you think you could have been competitive?" Because as much as I like her, I don't think she could have--and I'd like to know if she really thinks she could have. There is a big difference between competing in dailies or eliminations and the final--and she always gets upset for people not wanting her in the final. I get that, provided that she has what it takes to compete there. She hasn't shown that she does. I say this as a non-athletic person who know one would want with them as a partner in these things. I could only complain about that if I actually could handle the final. I'd like her to make an effort to be competitive in the final. She doesn't have to be skinny but does she have endurance--we saw a challenge where running a 1/2 mile was too much. 

Totally--Aneesa seems to constantly equate people feeling she can't do endurance with her body shape or weight, maybe because she came up in the challenge at a time when that would have been true. But currently, I don't hear anyone saying that people with different body types can't run finals, just that Aneesa can't run finals, because she has consistently shown she lacks endurance for long distance running, 

• Love 10
(edited)
4 hours ago, Jillibean said:

Totally--Aneesa seems to constantly equate people feeling she can't do endurance with her body shape or weight, maybe because she came up in the challenge at a time when that would have been true. But currently, I don't hear anyone saying that people with different body types can't run finals, just that Aneesa can't run finals, because she has consistently shown she lacks endurance for long distance running, 

Aneesa kind of reminds me of Fessy in that way. He's all "I can do anything physical, one on one, no one can beat me, I am the best" and it's like yeah you are good at that but the Challenge and the finale is more than that. If the finale was just one elimination where you get to rest up, compete for a short while, and then go back to the house and rest up, yes, Aneesa would be great in a final. But there's a reason why everyone always talks about who they want or don't want to "run a final" with. I mean look at what Amber B did.

Edited by TiffanyNichelle
forgot did in the last sentence
  • Love 5

Every now and then in pro wrestling, there comes along a "future star" the ownership insists on giving the star treatment even though they can't carry the show and just as often a natural talent that gets lost in the shuffle because they aren't a six-five monster with biceps like watermelons. I mention that because I felt both parts of this reunion were working hard to make Fessy the new villain of the show, but he lacks the personality to carry it. He's smug and arrogant, but so un-self-aware it's not something he can use to play to the camera. Meanwhile, you have Devin, who is becoming a favorite in some circles because he's so obnoxious/funny, and Kyle is almost a top competitor and very funny in a similar way, and they get the Vanilla M***** treatment (reference supplied purely for wrestling fans) where they are rarely the feature and exist to prop up other storylines.

• Love 6
(edited)
21 hours ago, aghst said:

So Leroy is opening a barber shop.

OK, he will definitely be back or go on the All Stars.

🤗

Leroy's been barbering for a long time. As we saw this season, Leroy is usually the resident barber for every season he's on. He explained on The Challenge podcast that he always sits in the middle, one foot in and one foot out, and never fully commits on continuing his barber business and competing on The Challenge. He's stepping back from The Challenge to commit full time on his barbershop. He seems to enjoy it.

He's part of the comic relief on The Challenge. I hope he'll be back. The new people they're bringing on have cardboard personalities. The rookies gave no drama or comedy.

Edited by AntFTW
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5

That whole “giving Aneesa her props” felt forced to me, because you just know that the cast is going to not want her as a partner yet again when she appears on her next season.

• Love 4