Type keyword(s) to search

Fear Thy Neighbor - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I’ve recently become hooked on this series and couldn’t find a forum for it. ID finally showed a new episode tonight. I’ve been watching prior season episodes on demand so this will be a place for discussing old and new episodes. 
Re: the new episode set in Detroit, Chaz’s girlfriend lied about keeping an eye on the place because it didn’t get junked up overnight. 🙄 I can’t believe the police did nothing when Chaz showed up at the precinct with marks on his neck from being choked.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Bonfire of Blood: Wow. Bob reaped what he sowed. He pushed Walter until he snapped. Wonder why they couldn’t go to the county government to find out about whether that was a public road or a driveway. Why wasn’t that issue dealt with in the deed of purchase?

• Love 1

That was one evil, malicious old man. Scott, the victim, had a witness to two of the old man’s actions against him but didn’t call the police. That was a big mistake. That poor girl Kristen was only 30 when she finally died from the damage caused from being shot by a hollow point bullet. The evil old man committed suicide in prison. Coward. 😡

Thanks for starting this @LittleIggy. 

I just discovered it was back and watched "Hell in Hawaii" yesterday. Not my favorite episode. Yarda was so clearly mentally ill, I don't know why anyone thought restraining orders would stop him, or why the woman who owned the house ever let him move in with her, much less stay after he started screaming at people.  I've never understood people who consider smoking The Worst Thing Ever so it irritated me that her last straw was him smoking on the back steps, rather than constant harassment of her neighbors.   What a tragedy all around.

I prefer watching the petty tit for tat over dogs and garbage cans, escalate to full on murder and often a female instigator egging her man on with, "Are you going to let him get away with that?"  It's the downward spiral when all parties dig their heels in that fascinates me.

• Love 5

nice you made a thread for this.  It's a good theme of seemingly normal people surprisingly spiraling toward murderous ends.  I liked the one old episode where 2 neighbors in an expensive canyon area argued and argued over basically fence rights.  One neighbor got so fed up with it he put a hit out on the other neighbor.  It's very surprising and sad and shocking that because a person is a very bad neighbor/very bad person and the receiver of this suffering comes to murderous blows in real life.

• Love 5

I also got into this show a couple months ago and binged the whole series on Discovery+. It seems like 75% of the episodes are like "You're all assholes, but obviously the person who commits murder is the biggest asshole." And the other 25% is legitimate mental health issues. It also seems like a lot of times, but not always, toxic masculinity is a huge factor in what went down. And people being way too upset about being dIsReSpEcTeD. So many of these tragedies could have been avoided if one side just let it go and ignored the other side.

• Love 9

I watched “Neighborhood Madhouse” today about the Florida psychologist who became obsessed with hounding her neighbor out of the ‘hood after searching him on a criminal database. She didn’t get his name right however and was basing her vindictive  actions on erroneous info. That bitch was psycho. That poor man and his family! That woman needs to be under a jail. 😡

I also watched the episode in which the neighbors moved back after disappearing ten years ago. 😮They came back crazy! I actually cheered when poor Wendell snapped and killed them after four years of hell. He should have got them to come on his property.

I’ve binged almost all of the old episodes. I like “Fear Thy Roommate,” too.

• Love 6
On 4/16/2021 at 12:34 AM, LittleIggy said:

Re: the new episode set in Detroit, Chaz’s girlfriend lied about keeping an eye on the place because it didn’t get junked up overnight. 🙄 I can’t believe the police did nothing when Chaz showed up at the precinct with marks on his neck from being choked.

I just watched the Detroit one yesterday.  Who knew you could set up a junkyard/ body shop on your neighbors property and everyone, including the police, would shrug and say, "It's his livelihood."  I agree Chaz's girlfriend let him down.  That tiny yard couldn't have been that much work to mow.  I also don't think giving him a gun was brilliant.  It might have saved Chaz's life but I think staying inside might have served him better.  It was sad how he felt a "heaviness" now.

• Love 7
11 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

I just watched the Detroit one yesterday.  Who knew you could set up a junkyard/ body shop on your neighbors property and everyone, including the police, would shrug and say, "It's his livelihood."  I agree Chaz's girlfriend let him down.  That tiny yard couldn't have been that much work to mow.  I also don't think giving him a gun was brilliant.  It might have saved Chaz's life but I think staying inside might have served him better.  It was sad how he felt a "heaviness" now.

Hey, he worked on their cars for cheap! 😆

• LOL 8
On 4/24/2021 at 3:34 PM, eyesopen said:

nice you made a thread for this.  It's a good theme of seemingly normal people surprisingly spiraling toward murderous ends.  I liked the one old episode where 2 neighbors in an expensive canyon area argued and argued over basically fence rights.  One neighbor got so fed up with it he put a hit out on the other neighbor.  It's very surprising and sad and shocking that because a person is a very bad neighbor/very bad person and the receiver of this suffering comes to murderous blows in real life.

I watched this one today. The whole going to the real estate agent to hire a hit man boggles the mind! I didn’t have any sympathy for Tom. Not that I wanted him dead. He just acted like an asshole and instigated things. Two guys having a pissing contest. 🙄 I really feel sorry for Bill’s wife. Poor woman.

• Love 3
On 4/24/2021 at 9:53 PM, MerBearStare said:

It seems like 75% of the episodes are like "You're all assholes, but obviously the person who commits murder is the biggest asshole."

LOL, right? I could probably count on one hand the number of episodes where I felt one side was clearly sympathetic and the other was the bully. Most of these episodes, I just want to knock everyone's heads together and call them all idiots. 

It also seems like a lot of times, but not always, toxic masculinity is a huge factor in what went down. 

YES. Lord, yes. Seems anytime guys start fighting on these shows it turns into a "Whose is bigger?" contest. Probably explains why so many of them walk around armed thinking/acting like they're such scary, tough badasses, too. No, you're just being obnoxious and shitty and you're gonna get people killed. 

• Love 6
On 4/26/2021 at 10:23 AM, Annber03 said:

LOL, right? I could probably count on one hand the number of episodes where I felt one side was clearly sympathetic and the other was the bully. Most of these episodes, I just want to knock everyone's heads together and call them all idiots. 

YES. Lord, yes. Seems anytime guys start fighting on these shows it turns into a "Whose is bigger?" contest. Probably explains why so many of them walk around armed thinking/acting like they're such scary, tough badasses, too. No, you're just being obnoxious and shitty and you're gonna get people killed. 

The ones I can recall immediately are “Neighborhood Madhouse” with the unethical shrink (mentioned previously), the neighbors who returned after 10 years (also mentioned previously), and the guy in California who went on a killing spree and shot up an elementary school.

• Love 3
31 minutes ago, LittleIggy said:

the guy in California who went on a killing spree and shot up an elementary school.

Oh, god, yes, that one was horrific. I'd also add the episode where that guy went over to the house of the family next door and killed every single one of them, all the way down to the boy who was just...eleven years old, I think, at the time? There was only one member of that family who survived, a teenage daughter, and that's only because she was out with a friend at some other event at that time. 

And the people being interviewed that knew the shooter had their faces obscured the entire show and could only come up with the most half-hearted attempts to defend him. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Annber03 said:

Oh, god, yes, that one was horrific. I'd also add the episode where that guy went over to the house of the family next door and killed every single one of them, all the way down to the boy who was just...eleven years old, I think, at the time? There was only one member of that family who survived, a teenage daughter, and that's only because she was out with a friend at some other event at that time. 

And the people being interviewed that knew the shooter had their faces obscured the entire show and could only come up with the most half-hearted attempts to defend him. 

Yeah, that was horrible. Then the bastard took the coward’s way out and killed himself. A sad postscript to that story is that the the surviving daughter died in a car accident in 2020. 
In tonight’s new episode, the murderer didn’t kill the child in the truck along with his dad, but left him there by himself in the truck with his dead father. In June, I believe, in Arkansas. The asshole was grinning like a fool in his mugshot.

6 minutes ago, LittleIggy said:

Yeah, that was horrible. Then the bastard took the coward’s way out and killed himself. A sad postscript to that story is that the the surviving daughter died in a car accident in 2020. 

Oh, my god, seriously? No :(!

Damn. How incredibly tragic. 

In tonight’s new episode, the murderer didn’t kill the child in the truck along with his dad, but left him there by himself in the truck with his dead father. In June, I believe, in Arkansas. The asshole was grinning like a fool in his mugshot.

Ughhhhh, yes, that poor child. What a horrible thing to witness. Damnit, people, put down the freaking guns. 

• Love 2

I was struck by the bitter irony at the end of that episode, too.. All that fighting to try and keep that gate up...and they ultimately wind up having to sell the property and the road goes back to being used by the other neighbors when all is said and done, and still don't get any of what they want out of it. 

• Love 6

I just finished watching Bloodland.  I’m not even going to try and justify that older man killing the younger one.  That was horrible, especially leaving the son alone and traumatized afterwards while going home to mix himself a stiff drink.  However, I really didn’t get why the wife was so adamant that no one be allowed to access the property.  It seemed so petty and selfish.  I can understand not wanting random strangers using the road, but I doubt neighbors who had been using it for years were going to cause any trouble.  Why create friction?  Then when she said, at some point, “where I’m from we’re good to our neighbors” all I could do was roll my eyes and think well that is rich coming from you. 

In the end, I’m glad the road was open to the public.  All that heartache over one stupid road wasn’t worth the trouble. 

• Love 7
32 minutes ago, Fable said:

However, I really didn’t get why the wife was so adamant that no one be allowed to access the property.

I could not believe that woman was playing chicken on her tractor with her little boy on her lap.  She was the one with her heels dug in over the gate, while that nice husband of hers ends up dead.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

I could not believe that woman was playing chicken on her tractor with her little boy on her lap.  She was the one with her heels dug in over the gate, while that nice husband of hers ends up dead.

Yeah, in this case it was the wife who was playing the alpha who wouldn’t give an inch. The problem appeared to be strangers driving ATVs over their property not the neighbors using the road. The neighbors could have been given keys (which the poor husband did to the one neighbor only to have the wife change the lock 🙄). Richard was an awful person, but the wife didn’t help matters and her easy-going husband got killed.

• Love 5

The Enemy Upstairs: I looked up this case, and, while Smitty was almost 80 when he was murdered, his wife Yvette was 62 and Bruce was 59. The casting made it look as if Yvette and Bruce were much younger. Anyway, I hope Mary the neighbor bought a lottery ticket the next day because, boy, was she lucky.

• Love 1

That ending was utterly horrifying. Good lord. 

"She was screaming for help, and he thought, 'Oh, she's rejecting me again'." - NO SHIT BRUCE YA THNK?!?! Murdering the man the woman you love is with, pointing a gun at her, and having an extended period of harassing and threatening her, kind of tends to dampen her desire to be with you. Just saying. 

Poor Yvette and Smitty. And yes, thank goodness Mary wasn't there. Crazy ending. Absolutely insane. 

• Love 2

Whew.  The Enemy Upstairs was not my favorite episode.  I hate it when someone is obviously mentally ill and the police wont see that he's "a danger to himself and others."  I expect his sister knew more than she was saying, but she cut out without warning anyone.

I do wish Yvette had recognized how dangerous he was and not exacerbated the situation with broom handles and tales to Smitty, but it all might have happened anyway. 

What I liked was nosy Mary and Ronnie, they were great narrators and they seemed to realize what was going on in Bruce's head long before anyone else did.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

The Enemy Upstairs: According to the news account I read, the feud ran for 10 years before Bruce went on his murderous rampage.

Wow.  I watched the reair this afternoon.  That guy Bruce was a real piece of work.  I’ve had to deal with my share of noisy upstairs neighbors but to solve the issue with murder is not the way.  IMO he was going to be an ongoing problem for anyone living upstairs from him even if Yvette and Smitty moved.  

Old Friends, Bad Neighbors: Two alpha males plus a ne’er-do-well brother-in-law who likes to stir the 💩. Knew that wasn’t going to end well. I figured Jon was just going to kill Sandy, but wow! I don’t know if the inappropriate touching occurred, but Jon was stupid to be alone like that with a 14 year old girl. BTW, that pit bull had the shortest legs I have seen on a bully. He was cute.

• Love 3

It still boggles my mind that Jon was so afraid of going to jail for the molestation accusations, but didn't seem to care about going to jail for murder. I guess in his mind if he's going to jail it's going to be for something he actually did, rather than something someone claimed he did, but still... It's very strange logic all the same. And if you want to prove that you're not the kind of awful person that people are accusing you of being, murdering three people is about the most wrong way imaginable to prove that. 

I was surprised that Sandy's mom was murdered. She didn't seem to have any role in any of this beef at all, so why kill her? I guess just 'cause she was there and he wanted to make everyone suffer? Thank goodness he wasn't able to get to the children. It always amazes me on this show how these adults are supposedly "so concerned" about their children's welfare and whatnot, and then they're out there fighting with and harassing each other and shooting each other and going to jail. So now these kids have either lost parents to death or prison, everyone's miserable and traumatized, and nobody feels safe anymore. Yep. Good job, people. That really kept those kids safe in the end, mmhm. 

As for the allegations...honestly, given some of the weirdly sexual barbs and sexual harassment accusations that were flying between the adults, it honestly wouldn't surprise me if there was some truth to those allegations somehow. That said, I agree that the people chanting "Chester the Molester" and blaring that song weren't helping matters. If I thought someone had abused my child, and I knew they had weapons besides, I don't think I'd take my chances antagonizing them further. 

I also found the restraining order aspect so pointless  considering they lived right next door to each other and kept working together in the business and whatnot. And the police just shrugging it all off and leaving it up to them to sort out...yeah, remind me, guys, how well that suggestion worked out? It amazes me how little it seems the cops can or want to do in these situations before it gets to such a tragic point. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Annber03 said:

It still boggles my mind that Jon was so afraid of going to jail for the molestation accusations, but didn't seem to care about going to jail for murder. I guess in his mind if he's going to jail it's going to be for something he actually did, rather than something someone claimed he did, but still... It's very strange logic all the same. And if you want to prove that you're not the kind of awful person that people are accusing you of being, murdering three people is about the most wrong way imaginable to prove that. 

That sounds unfortunately similar to a case that was on Forensic Files once upon a time; Jonathan Binney, who chose a victim at complete random to murder because he would rather go to jail as a murderer than what he was originally going to jail for, the sexual assault of his infant daughter. 

• Love 2

There was so much stupidity all around with the "Good Friends, Bad Neighbors," crowd, I didn't know who to root for, but once again the chief instigator got away free.  Joey planted the idea that something happened under the blanket with the teen girl and Jon. Joey planted the idea that something happened in the hot tub, and Joey started the loud music and "Chester molester" campaign that finally made Jon snap.

7 hours ago, Annber03 said:

I was surprised that Sandy's mom was murdered.

Me, too, but then I know they don't have time to cover everything and she might have sneered at Jon the same way her husband did.  What got me about all these people was their disregard for the children.  They talked (shouted) about everything right in front of them, got drunk and did the hot tub thing while they were around, exhibited a terrible work ethic for them,  and kept a pit bull that was known to have attacked people around the kids. 

If your daughter told you a man had touched her inappropriately wouldn't you keep it hushed up?  The whole neighborhood must have heard the "Chester molester" shouts and so every kid in her school was probably talking about it.  Now the poor girl will always feel like her parents and grandmother were killed over her.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, LexieLily said:

That sounds unfortunately similar to a case that was on Forensic Files once upon a time; Jonathan Binney, who chose a victim at complete random to murder because he would rather go to jail as a murderer than what he was originally going to jail for, the sexual assault of his infant daughter. 

I think they said Jon didn’t want to go to prison as a sexual offender of a child because of the way the other inmates treated child molesters. Being a murderer is more “honorable.” 🙄

I remember that "Forensic Files" story, too, yeah. So disturbing.

4 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

Me, too, but then I know they don't have time to cover everything and she might have sneered at Jon the same way her husband did.  What got me about all these people was their disregard for the children.  They talked (shouted) about everything right in front of them, got drunk and did the hot tub thing while they were around, exhibited a terrible work ethic for them,  and kept a pit bull that was known to have attacked people around the kids. 

If your daughter told you a man had touched her inappropriately wouldn't you keep it hushed up?  The whole neighborhood must have heard the "Chester molester" shouts and so every kid in her school was probably talking about it.  Now the poor girl will always feel like her parents and grandmother were killed over her.

Excellent point. And if the allegations were true on top of that, then she'd have to deal with everyone knowing about something she was struggling with, which would've just added to her trauma.

I also liked your reminder that Joey seemed to be the instigator of everything. He definitely should thank his lucky stars, 'cause had Jon found him that night, he would've surely been among the dead, too. 

• Love 3

As I noted initially, the BIL was a 💩stirrer. I have no doubt the friendship would have fallen apart since Jon and Sandy were both hotheads who liked to drink. I read an article online that said business problems were a major stressor on the friendship. I just wonder if sans Joey things wouldn’t have gotten out of control. 

• Love 4

What’s Mine is Mine: The people who sold their house to Jerry and Robin must have been delighted to find buyers who didn’t know about their crazy neighbor. Dude actually though Pres. Obama personally read his letter and wrote him back. 🙄 Jerry just couldn’t resist poking the bear with a stick though. I can’t believe Robin still lives in the house where her husband was murdered.

• Love 5

Practically every episode of this show:

Neighbors: Harass, threaten, attack each other for months/years on end, eventually pull guns/other weapons, someone winds up injured or dead. 

One of the people being interviewed: Nobody ever imagined things would turn out like this. 

Just amazing. 

15 minutes ago, LittleIggy said:

Dude actually though Pres. Obama personally read his letter and wrote him back. 🙄 

That was...surreal. I'm just surprised he actually did get a letter back from anyone at all. But wow, the fact he couldn't see that they basically told him to go back and do what he'd already done a ton of times to no avail... 

Jerry just couldn’t resist poking the bear with a stick though.

Seriously, I was sympathetic to his and Robin's plight having to deal with this guy for so long, but yeah, that was a really dumb move on his part. You see the guy speeding off in anger the morning of the shooting, you know he's harassed you in the past and you know he's armed. WHY ARE YOU PROVOKING HIM? Their wives were the smart ones in this story, they tried to stay out of this whole mess, and Herbert's wife just up and left altogether. 

I can’t believe Robin still lives in the house where her husband was murdered.

Seriously, I can't imagine how eerie that would be. I suppose the memories she has of her husband are of some comfort to her and everything, but...still. 

I just can't get over how quickly things changed for her that morning. One minute she's kissing her husband goodbye and off to run a simple errand, the next she comes home to....that

The police response in these stories is always so frustrating, too. I can't believe the guy constantly hassling everyone down at the courthouse, and even making his "What if I just killed him?" comment, wasn't enough for them to step in and bar him from coming back there or something. Again, I get that officers' hands are often tied, but for god's sakes, there should be something they can do to try and put a stop to this stuff before it gets to the point where people are shooting each other. 

At the very least, this episode highlighted once again that we desperately need to improve the mental healthcare system in this country. Clearly Herbert needed a lot of help that others either couldn't or wouldn't give him. 

• Love 6

I feel so sad for Robin.  She loved her husband so much and was very wise, trying to lead him away from the situation, but he thought it would be a good idea to poke the crazy old man with a gun. 

The county clerk should have called the police and reported PeeWee's threat. Surely then they would have grounds to take him in as a "danger to himself and others."

• Love 4

The problem with Robin trying to sell the house is that because of what happened, I'm sure buyers will be scared away, and the few that want that house will want a huge price reduction. 

The problem with getting mental health help is that the person has to want help, and someone like this never would accept it.   

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

The problem with getting mental health help is that the person has to want help, and someone like this never would accept it.   

Yep. I said the same thing to my mom when she was wondering why nobody tried to get him help. I think that would've clearly been a losing battle for them, unfortunately. The fact his family, by and large, seemed to kinda keep their distance from him after a while was telling. 

On 5/20/2021 at 11:59 PM, Annber03 said:

Practically every episode of this show:

Neighbors: Harass, threaten, attack each other for months/years on end, eventually pull guns/other weapons, someone winds up injured or dead. 

One of the people being interviewed: Nobody ever imagined things would turn out like this. 

The families, neighbors, and police are always so shocked that something to this extent would happen after months years of battling back and forth, and often the police have been called and aren't able to or willing to do anything. It is so damn frustrating to watch this show, more so any of the other offerings from ID.

On 5/21/2021 at 12:59 AM, Annber03 said:

The police response in these stories is always so frustrating, too. I can't believe the guy constantly hassling everyone down at the courthouse, and even making his "What if I just killed him?" comment, wasn't enough for them to step in and bar him from coming back there or something. Again, I get that officers' hands are often tied, but for god's sakes, there should be something they can do to try and put a stop to this stuff before it gets to the point where people are shooting each other. 

This show always reminds me that law enforcement in the US has almost zero interest in prevention or harm reduction. How many times do people have to keep going to the police to warn the police that things are about to pop off? And nearly every time the police are like ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. We need to completely reconceptualize policing and how people access social services in the US. 

• Love 4

This episode in Hawaii with Yarda might be the one that pisses me off the most. So Yarda harasses and threatens the neighbors so that they feel unsafe even walking to their cars or to the mailbox, that's fine. But he smokes a cigarette, well that's a deal-breaker. Lois may have been a nice person, but she wasn't a kind person. And I don't blame the neighbors for threatening to sue her over it.

Also, there are episodes where I can truly believe that no one saw it coming. Petty, tit-for-tat behavior rarely results in murder. But when a paranoid man with anger management issues is stockpiling weapons, yeah, that's going to end in violence.

• Love 5
23 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

This show always reminds me that law enforcement in the US has almost zero interest in prevention or harm reduction. How many times do people have to keep going to the police to warn the police that things are about to pop off? And nearly every time the police are like ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. We need to completely reconceptualize policing and how people access social services in the US. 

Yep. I'll avoid getting too political here, but these incidents are great examples of precisely the kind of police reform people have talked about wanting in this country. There's other things that can be done alongside that, too, of course, but yes, changing that stuff would do wonders. Not just for your average citizens, but for the officers themselves, too. It would make it a lot easier for them to be able to help people in the ways they're supposed to. 

• Love 4

I just watched a re-run,   "Not in My Yard"  (one man blew leaves in the shared gutter, so when it rained it stopped up and made a mess,  so naturally someone had to die) and I thought the two houses with their long parallel driveways looked familiar -- they were the same two houses the business partners lived in in, "Good Friends, Bad Neighbors."   Heh.

• LOL 4

I just started binging Fear Thy Roommate today, and I am about halfway through.  Yikes!  I'm not sure which is worse, Fear Thy Neighbor or Fear Thy Roommate.  Both make me want to lock myself up somewhere and stay away from everyone!  

• LOL 2
  • Love 7

Another tale of two alpha males. They were both assholes, but Tony irritated me the most. He came across as an obnoxious redneck. Not saying he deserved his fate, but, gee, what a dickhead! Even in the late nineties, headphones existed. And that yard. 😬Tony kept poking Rob until he exploded. I don’t understand the people depicted on FTN who taunt people who are packing heat. 🙄

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, LittleIggy said:

I don’t understand the people depicted on FTN who taunt people who are packing heat. 🙄

I don't get that, either. Especially since he had children and a fiancee at home. Lord knows we've seen more than enough stories on here where someone with a gun takes out not just the person they're angry with, but a bunch of innocent people around them, after all. 

And the whole thing with his legs sticking out in the road bugged the hell out of me, too. Forget about sticking it to Bob, what if someone else was driving down that road? They're either going to run over you accidentally or swerve and potentially get into an accident because they're trying to avoid your legs. Get the hell out of the road. Especially since he did that multiple times and it did nothing but only further antagonize Bob. You really showed him, mmhm. 

All of that being said, Bob was equally as obnoxious. Flashing his gun at a guy who he knew full well had a family at home, using the fact he used to be a police officer as a way to try and throw his weight around (I did laugh a bit when he tried to call his former officers to help him deal with Tony, and they were like, "Yeah, we're not gonna play your little games. Either give us proof of your complaints or let it go."*), mocking Tony's family because they didn't fit the specific image he had of how people who lived here should look. People like him really need to get over themselves and find something else to do with their time. 

And oh, gee, look at that, yet another example in which the person who owns a gun and who's also been flashing said gun around in an attempt to come off like a big, scary, tough guy then turns around and claims they totally needed to shoot someone in self-defense, despite the fact that the person they killed wasn't armed. Gosh. What a surprise. The whole thing with him trying to beat himself up to make it look like Tony had attacked him...good lord, dude, the hell

Yeah. Idiots, the both of them. 

*The comment at one point about that experienced officer who didn't take Bob's threat all that seriously struck me weird. If he was that experienced, one would think he should've taken it more seriously, just to be on the safe side. Because as we've seen with this show, these kinds of threats often aren't just people letting off steam. 

• Love 5

Fresno: It’s alpha females butting heads tonight. Guess we’ll never know the whole truth of the feud. The real Lora rubbed me the wrong way. I don’t think she was a truthful narrator. I’m sure the sister-in-law was right about neither side being willing to pull back. BTW, the daughter’s fake eyelashes drove me nuts! They looked like something a drag queen would wear. 😆

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, LittleIggy said:

Guess we’ll never know the whole truth of the feud.

The whole show, every time the narrator kept talking about how each side had their own version of events, I was like, "I'm guessing the truth's probably somewhere in the middle." I often tend to believe that's the case with a lot of the stories highlighted on this show. 

Whatever the issues, though, no adult should aim a gun anyplace where there's kids/teenagers around. I'm both surprised and not surprised by the tough sentence Alvin got, 'cause I've seen other people who shot and killed someone (or multiple people, for that matter) on this show get away with little more than a slap on the wrist. But at the same time, I'm also not surprised, because as this show has also shown, some people have a much easier time getting away with murder than others, for a whole host of reasons. 

• Love 5

There was one episode in which an African-American woman went in her house and got a large kitchen knife when a brawl between her family and the family of the woman she was feuding with broke out on her property. She came out with the knife and unfortunately stabbed and killed the sister of the neighbor woman. She was convicted of manslaughter. My reaction was like “Wait, if she had been white and had a gun, she would have been acquitted or not even charged!” The “stand your ground” laws that get people off for shooting someone on their property are bullshit, IMO. The shooters always claim they “feared for their lives!” Yeah, right! 🙄

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, LittleIggy said:

The “stand your ground” laws that get people off for shooting someone on their property are bullshit, IMO. The shooters always claim they “feared for their lives!” Yeah, right! 🙄

Mmhm. They take the definition of "self-defense" to ridiculous extremes. 

• Love 3

I'm no expert in body language but Lora, with her stuttering, look down and to the side delivery, seemed like she was lying in most of her accounts.  At best she sounded like a child, "She threw a lot of garbage but I just threw a little bit of garbage.  She started it, she turned her music up first, she and her daughter booth said I had a gun, but I didn't have a gun." 

Lora.  Waiting outside all day with pepper spray.  Calling the police over and over when there's no witnesses.  Starting stuff then screaming for Alvin to come out and get in the middle of it.

Then when people are dead and her man's in prison she says it's all the police's fault  for not doing anything. 

What the heck was Alvin thinking?  My wife is keeping up a steady feud with the neighbor woman so I'm going to buy a gun?

• Love 6