Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E13: Inflammatory Response

• Start Topic

First: where is Norma going to live now? Did I miss that?

Second: I was glad that Drew had a good time and didn't embarrass himself or Eli. I'm glad they're not making him into some kind of schmo; it's ok to be a little socially awkward and I'm glad they didn't overdo it. And he was very kind and understanding to Norma. I can see he's a good therapist.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, possibilities said:

You can't drink if you're on the transplant list

Do you have a source for this? I know that's true for liver transplants, but can't find anything about kidneys.

(edited)
8 hours ago, MaryMitch said:

I don’t think they said. Perhaps they are repairing her room and she only needed temporary lodging?

I do like that this show and this week’s Young Sheldon has quite the cameo appearances in their elderly community.

Edited by chitowngirl
10 hours ago, ZoqFotPik said:

Do you have a source for this? I know that's true for liver transplants, but can't find anything about kidneys.

I thought the show said that about alcohol. Wasn't Gina supposed to not drink when she went out with her girlfriends? I guess I assumed that if the donor couldn't, the recipient couldn't, either. But I don't know for sure.

On 4/9/2021 at 12:40 AM, MaryMitch said:

I think they're just fixing her room an dthen she's going back.  

I think you can have the occasional alcoholic drink with kidney problems, but you have to limit your entire liquid consumption so it probably isn't really worth it.  Gina has to stop drinking completely for a year because she's a heavy drinker and they want to make sure she'll be able to not drink heavily on one kidney.  Not safe.

Smoking is obviously bad for everybody, but mostly your lungs.  Still.  You would think you wouldn't.

• Useful 2

I don't see how the peach cobbler could have burned. The oven wasn't even turned on. Nitpicking, I know, but I could clearly see all the knobs on the range and they were all in the off position when she put the cobbler in and walked away.

• LOL 4