Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E08: The Price Of Admission

• Start Topic

Rome’s story to Theo about his dad’s actions is nothing like Eddie’s damaging that car.  I guess he tried. 

This show's writers are terrible at handling race. They entirely sidelined all of the non-white characters in the beginning and all their recent efforts have felt... clumsy at best. I think the show's inexplicable love for David Giuntoli does not help. His character seems like a pretty terrible person that everyone else has to keep forgiving. Way to make something your son experienced about YOU.

• Love 1
On 4/2/2021 at 1:36 AM, maggiemae said:

Good grief - Theo asks Eddie to watch him (play ball)?

I don't get it? What's so damning about a 10- or 11-year-old wanting his dad to watch him practice a sport his dad also knows?  Even if you disregard a kid just wanting to spend time with his father, presumably Eddie could offer tips on playing better. In general, I also notice people  saying Theo acts too young, but honestly I've spent a fair amount of time with a couple kids his age, and "It's cuddle time!" notwithstanding, he seems pretty on point to me.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, LeisureTime said:

What's so damning about a 10- or 11-year-old wanting his dad to watch him practice a sport his dad also knows? 

And lots of kids want their parents to watch them play video games (I remember my younger sister doing that a lot even when she was in middle school). At least Eddie could give him some feedback on his basketball playing. I was always at a loss for any comments I could give when my sister insisted I watch her play video games.

On 4/15/2021 at 4:17 PM, LeisureTime said:

I don't get it? What's so damning about a 10- or 11-year-old wanting his dad to watch him practice a sport his dad also knows?  Even if you disregard a kid just wanting to spend time with his father, presumably Eddie could offer tips on playing better. In general, I also notice people  saying Theo acts too young, but honestly I've spent a fair amount of time with a couple kids his age, and "It's cuddle time!" notwithstanding, he seems pretty on point to me.

Yeah, I'm not thrilled with Theo, but I also don't find anything wrong with a kid wanting his dad to watch him practice a sport. Or wanting his dad to spend time with him. In fact, Theo didn't bother me at all in this episode.

• Love 5

Some of the problem with Theo, I think, is because this show is in its third season, and Danny and Sophie seem to have grown into their characters, but Theo is still acting like the same little kid. 

• Love 2
On 4/17/2021 at 5:08 PM, Fable said:

Some of the problem with Theo, I think, is because this show is in its third season, and Danny and Sophie seem to have grown into their characters, but Theo is still acting like the same little kid. 

Agreed. That, and as someone else mentioned, the fact that his parents treat him in turns like an infant, or a third partner in their marriage. Terrible writing and not great acting combine to make the character unlikeable (for me).

• Love 4
On 4/4/2021 at 10:06 PM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

To be fair, Darcy isn't a regular listener. She only listened after Jamie accidentally spilled the beans.

But Danny is?? He was able to tell Gary what Maggie had said about him. Maggie started the podcast in England -- would her American friends' kids all know about it?

On 4/20/2021 at 10:56 AM, gonzosgirrl said:

That, and as someone else mentioned, the fact that his parents treat him in turns like an infant, or a third partner in their marriage.

Katherine: Oh know, I don't know what to tell Theo about racism, or even if I should.
Oh my goddess. How can these people not know how to parent? It would be more believable to me if Eddie had said it, but Katherine, also the target of racism?

Also, I was waiting for the Rome's story to Theo to end with "Of course, it's not right to destroy your neighbor's car because he said something racist. Your father let his anger get out of hand. But that happens sometimes with people." Because otherwise, he sounded like he was condoning Eddie's response. What Rome's father did was very different.

• Love 2
On 4/23/2021 at 5:03 PM, smartymarty said:

But Danny is?? He was able to tell Gary what Maggie had said about him. Maggie started the podcast in England -- would her American friends' kids all know about it?

We know Maggie told Regina she started a podcast, so it seems likely she also told Delilah and the rest of their friend group. Danny knowing about it actually seems pretty likely.

Darcy seems like an unlikely listener because even if she knew Maggie had a podcast, she'd want to avoid things done by her boyfriend's ex.

• Love 2
On 4/3/2021 at 10:09 PM, srpturtle80 said:

Props to the makeup department for making DG look like absolute crap during this addiction storyline, someone who I normally find very handsome. 

Is it bad I still find him really handsome? Lol. My husband said “You know, they would’ve known he’s been taking pills for two months if they’d just noticed the red eyelids and big dark circles under his eyes.”  I think his circles got darker just in the time he fell on the steps and his friends found him. 

10 hours ago, desertflower said:

Is it bad I still find him really handsome? Lol. My husband said “You know, they would’ve known he’s been taking pills for two months if they’d just noticed the red eyelids and big dark circles under his eyes.”  I think his circles got darker just in the time he fell on the steps and his friends found him. 

Nope. I still find DG incredibly handsome as well.

On 4/3/2021 at 2:56 PM, KaveDweller said:

On 4/3/2021 at 1:38 PM, historylover820 said:

So Allen does real estate contract law and immigration law? That's BS. 

I work with an attorney who handles product litigation defense but he also does a lot of pro bono work on immigration cases.  So it does happen.

• Love 1