Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E12: U-Turn

thewhiteowl
  • Start Topic

b-sound.jpg

You knew the episode was going to end like that. Hollywood never fails to do whatever it can for drama.

I also have to say the less said about Street's relationship issues, the better. Doubt that will get any better as the season moves on.

Still, this was a much better effort than the last few weeks. The emotion, the intensity, the meaning...it all came back. A pretty straightforward case and a pretty straightforward storyline in the Harrelson household, but that's all you need sometimes.

...and it worked. Beautifully. The connection is back.

Does help that Luca is now back on the team full-time. Well, quasi-full-time. At least the team was back to hugging and showing genuine affection again. We'll see how long that lasts but I never thought I'd know how much I missed it.

Is this enough to say the show is finally back on track? I hope so. It's been a rocky last few weeks. Let's hope for a solid ride towards the end.

• Love 3

Poor Hondo, I hope that his dad is ok.   I really like their scenes together.  

I loved watching Street try to talk to Hicks and Hicks being in protective father mode.  Also funny was Luca telling Street "I told you so."   Street is a moron for going there.  However I'm all for more mad Hicks punishing Street because those two are funny together.  

I liked it when Chris blew off Street's attempt to address her feelings.  I think the writers are going with Chris as emotionally messed up or insecure.  She has been shown as seemingly jealous in past episodes but never admits anything to Street. 

I do appreciate that they were actually in a private setting and not around the corner from 50 co-workers, like the last time they talked about this.  Her shutting down Street was consistent with her character, which has been portrayed as not mixing romance with work.

The story with the abusive dad was well done, and it showed teamwork.  I liked everyone pitching in and the happy ending with them reuniting with their mother.

Edited by nittany cougar
  • Love 2

I liked this episode, but then I’ve thought most of them were good this season.  Theme seemed to be families, both problematic and healing wounds. Glad Hondo’s dad stuck around and they had that talk. Mother being reunited with daughters was great - happy(ish) ending. And yay! Luka’s back!

• Love 2

Does anyone know why Luca was gone for so long?   

I like all the characters on this show except for Annie.  She's a whiney pain in the a$$.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 2

Scenes between Hondo Sr & Hondo Jr are always good & intense. Haven’t seen mama Hondo & her bad wig for quite a while.

Please stop with Street/Chris unresolved feelings plot, it’s lame! Hope that his mom dies this season so we don’t have to hear abt her anymore. Enough of Street’s personal dramas for the past 3 seasons.

Will we be seeing Tan & Bonnie getting married this season? 

Am so glad that Luca is back, hope it is for good, the team isn’t complete without him! Is he not cleared (medically) to do some actions anymore? 🤔

• Love 3

I figured Hondo’s dad thought his cancer was worse and with his history thought it was better to leave than subject his family to him dying. I’m glad he stayed to talk to Hondo and work things out. Very good scenes with the family throughout the episode

Street is worried about his mom’s health and Chris’s suggestion of going to see her isn’t a bad one per se, but at the same time, with a parent that poisonous, closure probably isn’t necessarily the best thing

Nice to see Luca back. It does feel like the team is more complete

Interesting case and pooh on the reporter’s boss for selling her out. Finding the mother of the young girls felt a little too easy and pat though

• Love 1

The episode was good when you ignore Street and his personal issues. And his relationship with Molly is barely in the ground, and he's again  pressing Chris on admitting her feelings for him, when she's giving him good advice, as a friend, about dealing with his mother. Just stop it, writers. This just further hammers my point home of why I can no longer root for him. Their unresolved feelings add nothing to the show.

Everything outside of that crap was pretty good. Interesting story with Guatemalan refugees. And the drama with Hondo and his dad is always must-see and powerful. The realistic drama is what I like seeing in SWAT, and you seem to always get that with Hondo and his dad.

On 3/28/2021 at 11:14 AM, AnnA said:

Does anyone know why Luca was gone for so long?

It's never been officially reported, but likely suspicion is that Kenny Johnson had some kind of health issue last season, which kept him absent from a lot of episodes. And considering that all his scenes prior to this episode were always done by video, it's likely his health issue may have made him more at risk for COVID. And that meant he played it safe and didn't do any scenes on set until just recently. He might have been able to get the vaccine, which made the decision easier for him to rejoin the set, with precautions. Just a hunch, anyway.

• Love 2
On 3/28/2021 at 7:22 PM, SnazzyDaisy said:

Am so glad that Luca is back, hope it is for good, the team isn’t complete without him! Is he not cleared (medically) to do some actions anymore? 🤔

Kenny Johnson's posture and movement just seemed off to me like a back problem. And now Luca has a desk job training liason. Without the Captain or the Mayor's Lieutenant as part of the show now I guess there is room for him at the command post with the Commander.

I would have been okay with Luka just being the armoured car driver with a bigger role than the guy without lines in the original show. The role which gave the original Hondo a cameo in the Samuel L. Jackson movie.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Raja said:

Kenny Johnson's posture and movement just seemed off to me like a back problem. And now Luca has a desk job training liason.

And KJ looks slimmer too!

Am guessing thru out this season Luca will be more on consulting/investigative role.

• Love 2

I know Kenny talked about having surgery sometime in late 2019, because he was gone for part of S3 as well. I don't know about his health situation after that- maybe his surgery made him more susceptible to catching COVID-19, or maybe he just didn't feel comfortable returning to the set until just recently.

I'm just glad he's back because this show badly needed his energy. He just has a unique way of lifting everything up with his boisterousness.

• Love 2